Favorite Cigar and Where you get'em

Another thread gave me an idea. I don't know how many Cigar smokers we have here but I guess we'll find out.

What's your favorite cigar?

I don't mean what do you smoke the most often but rather what's your favorite.

Where do you get them from?

Cigar shop, catalog, bum them from your friends humidor...

For me:

Favorite Cigar: Camacho Executive (wish I could find some more)

Favorite Place: Three-Ten Pipe & Tobacco (when they were open)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest boatme99

I was going to post this same question yesterday! Currently I'm smoking Rocky Patels or Romeo & Julietteas. I like CAO's too. I have to drive 30+ miles to Cookville to get "real" cigars. None around Smith Co. I love sitting on the porch after returning some Pb back to it's natural enviroment with a good smoke and some Dewars on the rocks. :wall:

Guest bkelm18

Probably my all time favorite cigar is the Arturo Fuente Hemmingway Short Story. I love smoking it while drinking a nice cup of Kona Coffee. A close runner up would be the 5 Vegas A line. Almost all of my cigars come from online.

I'm no cigar buff, but my brother's restaurant has a private cigar club if anyone is interested. It's the Standard at the Smith House downtown and it has the good stuff! You can PM me if you want to try it out.

Guest JHatmaker

Swisher Sweets baby! (just kidding)

I smoke cigars maybe once a month (used to be into them a lot but the wife got tired of the smell) One of my favorite somewhat reasonably priced cigars that I used to smoke quit often was an Onyx. Great flavors and nice even burn...

Guest JHatmaker
Probably my all time favorite cigar is the Arturo Fuente Hemmingway Short Story. I love smoking it while drinking a nice cup of Kona Coffee. A close runner up would be the 5 Vegas A line. Almost all of my cigars come from online.

Gotta "plus 1 ya" for Kona Coffee, haven't had some in a long time. Great coffee!!! Good call!

Guest bkelm18
Gotta "plus 1 ya" for Kona Coffee, haven't had some in a long time. Great coffee!!! Good call!

I love Kona coffee, but only the 100% pure Kona, none of that blended crap. But it's hard to find and very expensive.

Macanudo Hyde Park.

I like smoke the JR alternative (not enough of a difference to warrant the $3.50 price difference per cigar)

Haven't bought any in a while. JRcigars.com went up on their prices, and I still have four left from the twenty bundle I ordered last October. (I don't light up often....I tend to enjoy my pipe better)

Here in Memphis I usually get mine at Tobacco Corner. I also hear that the Tinder Box is a good place.

Probably my all time favorite cigar is the Arturo Fuente Hemmingway Short Story...

I love the Short Storys! They are great for a short smoke. I'm not much on the Kona but a little Johnny Walker always smooths things out.

Guest Traumaslave

I enjoy a nice Fuente every once in awhile. Haven't bought any since I was in Cincinnati. Like it with a nice glass of GrandMa.

Guest Arko

Rocky Patel Vintage 1992, and my two favorite shops so far between Knoxville and Chattanooga are Burns Tobacconist in Chatt, and Silo Cigar in Knox/Farragut.

Guest Arko

Silo is in a little plaza between Lovell Road and Campbell Station on Kingston Pike. Traveling South it would be on the Right.

Great little shop. Good selection, and good guys. Not too "clique-e" in there like some shops.

Guest witchdr

Parodi kings,they are Italian and sometimes a little hard to find but well worth it.Also Marsh-Wheeling stogies have a really good flavor.

I have a brother in San Diego and when I visit out there, we often go down to Baja. I usually buy a box of Cohibas while there... I'm due for another trip. :koolaid:

Mexico and most of the Caribbean and Bahamas are infamous for their so-called Habanos. Unless you buy from the La Casa del Habano shop, there is only one in all of Baja, Big Sur, then you can say with 99.5% certainty you are not buying Cohibas or anything else truly made with the leaf from the dark side. I have seen more people than I could ever remember who show me their box of Habanos they got for a great deal in Mexico. The boxes don't even have box codes on them. Folks got taken for a ride and bought cheap Mexican tobacco, sometimes if they are lucky they cheap, but at least smokable dominican or honduran, but not usually. LCDH shops are not inexpensive, however they are for certain all the real deal. The most famous deal of all is the famed "glass top box' of limited edition Cohibas, they sell by the millions to Americans trying to get one over. Unfortunately Cohiba never made a glass top box limited or anything else.

FYI, Cubans are sold 'green' or unaged, unlike Dominican, Honduran, Nicaraguan and other makers. Some retailers age them and you pay bigger for those, most are sold expecting the buyer to age them. Majority of Cuban cigars are at least 6 months to a yr from ready to smoke. Some take longer than that. Connoisseurs let them sit for at least 2-3 years. If you do get the real deal, let them sit in a humi for a while, otherwise you will smoke a likely ammonia smelling nasty tasting cigar and leave uninspried and thinking Cubans pretty much suck.

I have no go to cigar. I smoke cigars based on my mood. Sometimes it might be a medium body cigar or an especially tasty mild-medium. I like flavor in cigars, so Macanairo is out, other than that I can handle most anything. I also don't like harsh, super ligero filled cigars that may be full bodied, but they lack in flavor and complexity. Some days I do really enjoy a fuller smoke. I have maybe bought 5 or 6 cigars in the last 4 or 5 years. I have probably more than I will smoke in my lifetime as it is now, filling coolers in my office much to my wife's consternation. Every year for Christmas she buys me another humidor and says move them in there. But hey I like my coolers, they make the greatest humidors, though not the most attractive.

I find nowadays with my time constraints that I like coronas sized cigars. A large cigar goes to waste, I never get to finish it.

If i had to pick one or two cigars that I could say I love, they would be the Partagas PSD4 and the Bolivar Belicoso Fino. Other than those, there are tons of others I really like. I must say I really like Cameroon wrapped cigars. Yummy.

Edited by Warbird

By the way, there is a new smoke shop in Murfreesboro, called the Humidor. It is right next to Liquid Smoke and is owned by the same guy, Mike. He wanted to expand to a larger selection and was out of room at Liquid Smoke, so he opened the place next door. The entire shop is a humidor and it is very nice and relaxing. Stop in sometime and check the place out. I went there this past weekend and enjoyed a nice smoke.

I'd have to say my favorite smoke is a Tatuaje or Padron.

As for shops, now that Three Ten is gone, I've been stoping at Belle Meade Cigars on the way to class. Pretty nice place and good prices. Kinda like Uptown's but without the pretentiousness.

buk

Guest flyfishtn
Mexico and most of the Caribbean and Bahamas are infamous for their so-called Habanos. Unless you buy from the La Casa del Habano shop, there is only one in all of Baja, Big Sur, then you can say with 99.5% certainty you are not buying Cohibas or anything else truly made with the leaf from the dark side. I have seen more people than I could ever remember who show me their box of Habanos they got for a great deal in Mexico. The boxes don't even have box codes on them. Folks got taken for a ride and bought cheap Mexican tobacco, sometimes if they are lucky they cheap, but at least smokable dominican or honduran, but not usually. LCDH shops are not inexpensive, however they are for certain all the real deal. The most famous deal of all is the famed "glass top box' of limited edition Cohibas, they sell by the millions to Americans trying to get one over. Unfortunately Cohiba never made a glass top box limited or anything else.

FYI, Cubans are sold 'green' or unaged, unlike Dominican, Honduran, Nicaraguan and other makers. Some retailers age them and you pay bigger for those, most are sold expecting the buyer to age them. Majority of Cuban cigars are at least 6 months to a yr from ready to smoke. Some take longer than that. Connoisseurs let them sit for at least 2-3 years. If you do get the real deal, let them sit in a humi for a while, otherwise you will smoke a likely ammonia smelling nasty tasting cigar and leave uninspried and thinking Cubans pretty much suck.

I have no go to cigar. I smoke cigars based on my mood. Sometimes it might be a medium body cigar or an especially tasty mild-medium. I like flavor in cigars, so Macanairo is out, other than that I can handle most anything. I also don't like harsh, super ligero filled cigars that may be full bodied, but they lack in flavor and complexity. Some days I do really enjoy a fuller smoke. I have maybe bought 5 or 6 cigars in the last 4 or 5 years. I have probably more than I will smoke in my lifetime as it is now, filling coolers in my office much to my wife's consternation. Every year for Christmas she buys me another humidor and says move them in there. But hey I like my coolers, they make the greatest humidors, though not the most attractive.

I find nowadays with my time constraints that I like coronas sized cigars. A large cigar goes to waste, I never get to finish it.

If i had to pick one or two cigars that I could say I love, they would be the Partagas PSD4 and the Bolivar Belicoso Fino. Other than those, there are tons of others I really like. I must say I really like Cameroon wrapped cigars. Yummy.

So true.

I need to send you some recent custom rolled smokes I just received. These are so nice and smell just like a barnyard.

Hmmm... the only thing I knew to look for at the time was the raised gold lettering on the band, can't say I investigated it all that closely... They seemed to smoke well, but then again I'm not near the aficionado as most the guys in this thread... B)