Anyone had their HCP application lost in the process?

If so, how did they handle it and how long did it take?

It seems that my original application can't currently be located. I've sent them a copy, and it sounded like everything else was there. But, I don't have any idea what it takes to actually get the application in the system when they get it.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest smithandwesson

as long as you have your reciept, they have to issue your permit within 90 days no matter what.

Ouch that sucks, hope you still have the receipt. Good luck.

Thankfully the copy of the application form that I have has the receipt information printed on it. So, I think I should be OK as far as that goes.

I'm still wondering what should happen now that I've sent them a copy of the application. I would have thought that they would be able to process me immediately, but I guess they've got to input the form beforehand. That shouldn't take long, but who knows what it takes to actually make it happen.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems that the state should have instituted an electronic form for submitting these things. If I could have typed the information in instead of filling out a paper form, then it would have been in the state DB when I walked out of the drivers license office.

Guest witchdr

I didn't get my app. lost but I did have a problem with the picture,apparently tinted prescription glasses can only be so dark before DOS won't approove it.I ended up going to Nashville to get a new pic made at DOS.what's wierd is that the same pic was used on my DL.Go figure?

I didn't get my app. lost but I did have a problem with the picture,apparently tinted prescription glasses can only be so dark before DOS won't approove it.I ended up going to Nashville to get a new pic made at DOS.what's wierd is that the same pic was used on my DL.Go figure?

Gee, you would have thought that the person taking the picture would know if they were OK or not. Given that the same picture was used on your DL, I'd guess it's just one of those situations the depends on exactly who happens to be checking the pictures at a given time.

Guest VTCessnaPilot

They lost mine twice... each time they still had everything else on file, such as my payment, but kept having me resubmit my paper application. Only after constant calling did I finally get it issued to me, 140 days after I originally applied.

That whole "we will issue automatically if it takes longer than 90 days" sure doesn't seem to hold any weight with them...

They lost mine twice... each time they still had everything else on file, such as my payment, but kept having me resubmit my paper application. Only after constant calling did I finally get it issued to me, 140 days after I originally applied.

That whole "we will issue automatically if it takes longer than 90 days" sure doesn't seem to hold any weight with them...

:eek: I hope that doesn't turn out to be the case for me!

An update -

After faxing my copy of the application form in on Wednesday, I talked to the rep and was told that she would call me back when the permit was ready to be issued. At lunch today, I got the call - 7-14 days! :tough:

Guest kringle02

My Budd did his a month before i did mine i told him to call that i read here the call makes a difference but he said he'd wait so i called at 3 weeks and mine was ready to go so he called and they said they lost his finger prints or didn't get them Mine came in the mail to day 5/11/09 i did my paper work on 4/07/09 called 5/05/09 .He is pissed off .Good luck too you:drama:

My Budd did his a month before i did mine i told him to call that i read here the call makes a difference but he said he'd wait so i called at 3 weeks and mine was ready to go so he called and they said they lost his finger prints or didn't get them Mine came in the mail to day 5/11/09 i did my paper work on 4/07/09 called 5/05/09 .He is pissed off .Good luck too you:drama:

Having experienced this problem, I would agree that everyone should call after a few weeks. Due to my call, the staff was able to find the problem and help me through the process of correcting it. If I hadn't called, who knows if I would have ever had my HCP issued!