Ruger is doing something secret again...Whole new platform in the works...Again

Guest JHatmaker
HeHe..... I don't know which model it will be, but last year I did some consulting for them on two different designs, either one of them should be LOVED by all.

If you're going to bring it up, you gotta spill the beans. You can't throw out a tease like that and not come forth.

Give us the two designs! (or if you won't, PM me and I swear not to tell)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're going to bring it up, you gotta spill the beans. You can't throw out a tease like that and not come forth.

Give us the two designs! (or if you won't, PM me and I swear not to tell)

I wish I could, but I signed a confientiality clause with them. I would like to do work for and with them in the future, and I don't think they would look favorably on me letting the cat out of the bag early. Also, it might be something totally different than what I worked on. Hell, the LCR surprised the hell out of me when Mike Fifer and the crew showed it off for the first time.

Hmmm...well they are saying "Another platform redefined" I'm thinkin 1911 and I'd be all for it b/c no matter what anybody else says, I think they build high value stuff $$ vs. what you get.... bring on the LCRPC10/221911Hawk, I'm ready...just make one in a 9.

I don’t think they have anything that is considered a LEO duty weapon. So, I’m going to guess it’s their version of a full size Tupperware gun (probably in .40S&W)

Building LEO guns is what I would be doing in this economy. But that’s just a WAG. :popcorn:

Maybe they will finally introduce the XGI that they scrapped a couple of decades back. Would be pretty wicked buy since the M1-A1 is running over $1300 these days.

wow never heard of the xgi until i googled it. i really hope this is what is coming

Guest m4coyote

If it is a "high capacity" magazine fed semi auto rifle, then maybe they are changing their ways. They have been notoriously against producing EBR type weapons for "responsible citizens". If they do build something like that, then I will once again be a Ruger customer. If not, then I will stick with the other companies that support all of our 2nd amendment rights.

If it is a "high capacity" magazine fed semi auto rifle, then maybe they are changing their ways. They have been notoriously against producing EBR type weapons for "responsible citizens". If they do build something like that, then I will once again be a Ruger customer. If not, then I will stick with the other companies that support all of our 2nd amendment rights.

They make several 30 round .223's, that not enough?

- OS

Guest m4coyote

It has not been until the last year or so that Ruger released the "NRA Edition Mini 14", and it is the first Mini to be sold with anything other than a low cap mag for many years. Apparently, Ruger was prodded by the NRA, and released this "special edition" Mini with a hi cap mag. Now they have the Tactical (same as the NRA edition minus the medallion), and the newest version with the collapsing ATI stock & rails, but no flash hider. Unless I am badly mistaken, a new Mini 14 with a 30 rounder in the factory box has not available to us regular civilians for a very long time. Sure, ProMag and several other after market companies produced hi caps for the Mini 14, but they did not function well.

It is well documented that Bill Ruger did not believe that anyone other than LEO and military personnel should have a high capacity EBR. Here is one example, and there are many more. The Gun Zone RKBA -- William B. Ruger, Sr.'s dirty little secret

The high cap magazine ban sunset a few years ago, and Ruger has produced large capacity mags for the Mini all along. Why did they just very recently start releasing them? Because Bill Sr. is long gone, and they were missing out on their piece of the EBR $ pie. A rather large & lucrative part of the firearms sales occurring since the sunset of the assault weapon & hi cap mag ban have been high capacity semi auto rifles, not single shots & bolt actions. There are many companies that make hi cap mags for the 10/22, but not Ruger. They could but won't produce & sell the little 10/22 with a 25 round mag and folding stock - even though it would sell like hotcakes in that factory configuration. They have been producing the Mini 14 with a folding stock for many years, but you will not find a new one on the shelf of any gun shop.

I sincerely hope that Ruger is headed in a new direction with its attitude towards civilian sales, but it is a shame that they did not do it sooner.

• Administrator
Dunno if stuff is leaking early or if people have WAY too much time on their hands...here is something interesting we have stumbled upon...

RugerBolt1.jpg

That's definitely a piston-driven bolt carrier for an AR platform rifle. NICE. :rolleyes:

Guest JHatmaker

I call photshop (notice the square box around the Ruger logo), or is that supposed to be there?

Who knows, if I'm wrong I'll show up to the Meet-and-shoot with a box of ammo for everyone!!!......j/k