AR parts shopping

latisimusd

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's the best place in TN to buy AR parts?:)

It's called the Internet. You can whatever you want shipped to your house and (illegally) avoid paying sales tax. That is, unless you get that chunk of aluminum with the serial number on it. Then you need a dealer.

Also try www.ar15.com because people sell lots of used stuff there.

Guest Mugster

I had my best results down at the fairgrounds at the gunshow. The one shop sells doublestar branded parts for fairly reasonable and the quality is good. DPMS parts are also usually available, but they want a premium.

I would advise against buying parts sight unseen from anyone, but YMMV.

Guest ETS_Inc

I can get you anything AR-related you need, or even don't need, but want anyways. I also charge fairly reasonable prices, most often less than what you can order the stuff for online. I do set up at the fairgrounds, and if you are there and decide you want something from Doublestar / J&T, talk to me first, as I am a wholesale dealer for their stuff, and can get most of their stuff a lot cheaper than the published price.

Guest Mugster

See? Competition is a good thing. In past visits, I usually hit 3 or 4 of them to see who has what I want for the lowest price.

Quality is about the same no matter what is written on the side, imo. There is some low end stuff to avoid...but otherwise ar15 parts have turned into a commodity. There's alot of low end stuff at the gunshow generally, lol. It pays to be carefull and know what you are buying.

What parts are you looking for? That does make a difference. If you need quality stuff you would like to touch and see before you chunk down the $$ go through ETS, he is quality folk! If you just want it to your door, hit the good online places. Stocks, Magpul, ACE, VLTOR etc. Free Float rails and forearms...Yankee Hill Mfg all the way, don't waste the money on Daniel Defense. You can also order quality stuff from the AR makers. I prefer Rock River Arms. They use Yankee Hill stuff for their free floats with not much mark up and back everything they sell you. If you don't like it, contact Customer Service and tell them whats wrong and they will send you a new part and pay to have the old one sent back.

Hit AR15.com (known as Arfcom) and you will find dealers and individuals selling everything under the son. You can also get in on some group buys for better prices but they usually take some time to get done.

RW