got my CWP permit

Guest dizzielizzie

Guest dizzielizzie

Left for vacation Thursday the 21st and had a friend checking my mail, and wouldn't you know it? It came after I left town. That makes 27 days from date of application to day it showed up in the mail. I need to check back on previous posts to see if that's some kind of record.

So yeah, when I got back in town I clipped on my kahr, stuffed my permit in my pocket, and went to Walmart! So watch out, that innocent looking girl in walmart might just be armed...!:)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jos2f

Also, I'm so confused by your pic. It looks like I see a back pocket. Yet I also see a buckle near the back pocket. The logistics confound me :)

Guest dizzielizzie

I called about 3 weeks after submitting my application. I wonder if there's any "problems" they'll call you or just leave you hanging, and after looking at my application (filled out with a shaky hand) some of my "h" looked like "n".

Plus, I just want to stand on the rooftop and scream "I got it!" (but the neighbors will call the police) so I am sharing this with my fellow gun owners! :screwy:

Sorry about the picture, I'll try to get a better one, just trying to protect my identity & what I do for a living. I come in contact with all types of people and I don't want everyone (who comes in to my business) to know I have a gun. I took the picture myself in a mirror and cropped the s**t out of it so no one could see my surroundings. You are seeing that little "change pocket" they put on the right hand front pocket.

I am carrying a Kahr mk9 using a Kramer IWB holster in the front and keep it just a couple of inches away from the navel.

When I purchaced the firearm I had a hard time figuring out how I was going to carry & conceal it... ended up just sticking it in various places and decided with a loose enough t-shirt I could carry it there. I went with Kramer because I called several holster manufacturers for help, and at Kramer I spoke with a woman (I think Mr. Kramer's wife) and she really helped me out. The women's market is severly undertapped, with body shape and clothing options considered, and unless you are slim and wear guy's clothes you're kinda SOL. I do wear men's t-shirts though. I want a horsehide belt to match (I stole the one in the pic from my old man) but Kramer is at 10-14 weeks now.

Edited by dizzielizzie

Congrats on making the choice to not be a victim DizzieLizzie!! :screwy:

Doesn't it feel good to know you can actually defend yourself if neccessary?! :)

Ladies, please just don't ever take the right to carry for granted....continue to stay active in supporting our second ammendment! Always try to educate and recruit more women into guns and the shooting sports. When more women speak up about our right to keep and bear arms, more lawmakers will listen!

The fight doesn't end at the mailbox.....getting that HCP was easy compared to what we're going to need to do to keep it!

Guest jos2f
I called about 3 weeks after submitting my application. I wonder if there's any "problems" they'll call you or just leave you hanging, and after looking at my application (filled out with a shaky hand) some of my "h" looked like "n".

Sorry about the picture, I'll try to get a better one...You are seeing that little "change pocket" they put on the right hand front pocket.

I am carrying a Kahr mk9 using a Kramer IWB holster in the front and keep it just a couple of inches away from the navel.

It is all so clear now!

Usually the state is good about sending it out within a week or two if you call, otherwise it takes about 3 months to receive it if you don't call.

No need to apologize about the picture, I (we) were just confused thinking your change pocket was a back pocket and thus the whole world started spinning in reverse for us!

Guest putmanphoto

WELCOME.......

You are correct on the women's market - boy someone could make alot of money - wish it was me....:D

Plus, I just want to stand on the rooftop and scream "I got it!" (but the neighbors will call the police) so I am sharing this with my fellow gun owners! :rolleyes:

Sorry about the picture, I'll try to get a better one, just trying to protect my identity & what I do for a living. I come in contact with all types of people and I don't want everyone (who comes in to my business) to know I have a gun. I took the picture myself in a mirror and cropped the s**t out of it so no one could see my surroundings. You are seeing that little "change pocket" they put on the right hand front pocket.

When I purchaced the firearm I had a hard time figuring out how I was going to carry & conceal it... ended up just sticking it in various places and decided with a loose enough t-shirt I could carry it there. I went with Kramer because I called several holster manufacturers for help, and at Kramer I spoke with a woman (I think Mr. Kramer's wife) and she really helped me out. The women's market is severly undertapped, with body shape and clothing options considered, and unless you are slim and wear guy's clothes you're kinda SOL. I do wear men's t-shirts though. I want a horsehide belt to match (I stole the one in the pic from my old man) but Kramer is at 10-14 weeks now.

With a loose enough shirt, you can carry several places, and be concealed. Especially with a weapon that size.I carry a XD-9 sevice model at 4:30-5:00 on my hip OWB with no issues. My Baby Eagle also hides easily. I just buy shirts with an extra X in the size.