As I Wait on the 238

JeffsSig

Well as we wait on SIG for the P238 to get to our favorite dealers I had to buy something new. the itch just overcame me.

I bought the Micro Desert Eagle .380 today.

I’ve not shot it yet but the gun is VERY well made and I love the finish.

Yes it is FUGLY but it has really grown on me. (tis why I bought one I think)

I love the feel and it feels rock solid.

After I get the Sig P238 I will do some side-by-side images of the 238, Micro and the LCP. I will then take all three out and do a full range report on the three.

Here are 2 images. Not my best photos but you can see it at least.

micro1.jpg

micro2.jpg

As a side note I cant wait untill the weekend as I am going to meet TDR and buy a Dan Wesson 10mm Bobtial from him.

Any suggestion on how to handle TDR?:)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, they are ubgainly, but really cool in their own kinda' way. I just don't have the desire for a .380 of any kind, but I like the micro eagle.

Congrats!

TDR ain't all that bad! Shoot, he was downright friendly when we swapped ammo for a holster. Just keep an extra burger around in case he's hungry! :poop::)

Guest 70below

How much did you put out for the towel? :)

Yeah, the micro ain't purdy.....but if it does the job and is as small as it looks.....should be a winner. Is it a blowback or does it lock up?

Guest Bronker
Any suggestion on how to handle TDR?:)

Might I suggest with penicillin-impregnated sterile gloves? :screwy:

Nothing but love ferya, Trip!

After a few mags in this Micro.................. I have to say bye bye LCP.

(as my carry gun)

Well as soon as I put a few more rounds in it .

This gun to me is the 1911 of the 380. That is the best way I can describe how it is shooting so far.

Yes I carry a 380! and dang proud of it..........LOL

Guest JHatmaker

I had a Micro and just recently sold it. It was very well made, and shot good, but since I already carry a little 9mm in my back pocket I figured I didn't need another "pocket style" gun. Time will tell if I miss it or not.

I definatly love the look of the P238 and am anxiously awaiting their arrival as well.

Guest MCRAIG
In my ammo locker. :wave: I have been buying 380s for about a year now. a box or 2 every time I went to wall mart or seen em on sell online.

A true visionary. How I envy your psychic ability.

Nice gun, it is dang ugly but kinda cool, sorta like a fugly puppy. I gave it serious consideration when I got my EMP, if I was into pocket carry I would have got her. But that dang EMP she is soooo sexy and fit my hand so nice, she made me spend the extra $$ on her. Plus she was the one I really wanted anyway.

Nice pistol, in the fugly dog kinda way...seriously enjoy & congrats. BTW I don't blame you for carrying a .380 at all, and anyone who does will not volunteer to let you empty a mag into them either... so be safe and "carry" on.

Ill have my First 238 in the morn.

I order one from Top Gun Supply.(yesterday) He got a few in yesterday and as I just looked at his site they are already sold out.

I had also made a order with Tri-Cities Gun Depot here iN TN

Guest JHatmaker
Congrats JHatmaker.

I know Ill like it:). I missed getting to the shop today.

But I waited this long....... wont hurt to wait another day or 3.

You're gonna love it (and didn't mean to hijack the thread, sorry bout that...). Post back here once you get it, I'm curious what others think as well. Hitting the range tomorrow.

Picked up my p238 today. I had ordered the 2 Tone with contrast sights. It came boxed from Sig with Night Sights.

Im not real big on the fluted polymer grips. Maybe why the price was 429$ I wanted the aluminium but oh well.

I only shot 4 mags of ammo in it. Each mag was a different type of ammo.

Speer Gold dot 90gr GDHP

Magtech 77gr SCHP

Magtech 95Gr FMJ

Fiocchi 95gr FMJ

It shot all 4 with no jams.

I was able to hold a 4 1/2 inch group at 8 yards.

p238.jpg

I picked up a P238 yesterday. Love the trigger and feel of the pistol, but I had a few FTE. Probably needs to be broken in more, but it had FTE issues with Magtech and Hornady 95 gr premium defense ammo.

I don't understand all of the internet hate being poured on the P238...once you hold one and shoot one, you'll be sold too. The recoil is almost nonexistant, and the trigger is smooth as butter.

When I googled Sig P238, I just found a lot of people griping about the looks and the fact that it's SAO.

It's a really sweet shooter. I wish .380 ammo was more common, because I'd go to the range tomorrow if I had the ammo. I got mine from Guns and Leather (great place BTW), and I was rationed a box of target .380. Blew threw it in about 10 minutes. Again, just wish I had more ammo.

Edited by SavageSig
When I googled Sig P238, I just found a lot of people griping about the looks and the fact that it's SAO.

Huh...well as for the looks, I guess to each his own. I find it to be a nice looking gun, especially the two tone. SAO, some people are just freaked out by the whole concept....it is what it is.

Guest JHatmaker

I originally wanted the two-tone b/c of the silver/grey grip plates (pre-production pictures), but was disappointed to see the production version coming with black grips.

I contacted SIG last week and asked if they were planning on offering the grips shown in the early pictures, and they said they are currently thinking about it, but a decision hasn't been made w/i the company, and that they won't be available in the foreseeable future.

This week I've been experimenting with different color options on the grip plates myself, but haven't found the right color so far. If I create something note-worthy, I'll post some pictures...

Edited by JHatmaker
  • Admin Team

Since the original post was about the Micro Eagle, I've got the one Hatmaker sold to fund his NightHawk purchase. It's not pretty, but it disappears in a good pocket holster - even for a guy who's 6'0'' and 150lbs. It will still disappear in a pair of jeans with either the side or rear pocket holster I got from Meco. It is accurate - and I like that it's solid steel.

Guest JHatmaker
Since the original post was about the Micro Eagle, I've got the one Hatmaker sold to fund his NightHawk purchase. It's not pretty, but it disappears in a good pocket holster - even for a guy who's 6'0'' and 150lbs. It will still disappear in a pair of jeans with either the side or rear pocket holster I got from Meco. It is accurate - and I like that it's solid steel.

I couldn't stay away from a .380 too long could I Mac? :) Glad it's working out for you, let me know if you have any issues.