Colt Tactical Rimfire AR rifles....."Tactical Bunny Slayers"

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest c.a.s.

Yes, we are all expecting a range report when you can.

Now I just wish that the bolt holdopen lever worked. Or at least released the bolt.

The label says Colt is a "licensed trademark" and "Made by Carl Walther, Germany." So, it's really a Walther, not a Colt, right? Not a problem, and it's nitpicky, I suppose... but it ain't Hartford.

In turn, isn't Walther owned by S&W? Kinda funny :puke:

The label says Colt is a "licensed trademark" and "Made by Carl Walther, Germany." So, it's really a Walther, not a Colt, right? Not a problem, and it's nitpicky, I suppose... but it ain't Hartford.

It’s not nitpicking; I wondered who made it. Appears to me that it is made by Umarex USA, Inc, Fort Smith, Arkansas.

In turn, isn't Walther owned by S&W? Kinda funny ;)

No.

S&W is an importer for Walther and they make some PPK’s here. I also think the SW99 is made under license from Walther; but I’m not positive on that.

It’s not nitpicking; I wondered who made it. Appears to me that it is made by Umarex USA, Inc, Fort Smith, Arkansas.

Seems I've heard Umarex makes AirSoft products? ;) I'm clueless in the AirSoft department...

No.

S&W is an importer for Walther and they make some PPK’s here. I also think the SW99 is made under license from Walther; but I’m not positive on that.

Ah, I see. I had been wondering about that lately, as their website layouts are EXACTLY the same, save for the models and the manufacturer logos. :screwy:

Edited by poak

We got to shoot my wife's new M4 Ops version yesterday. I can't give a true range report as the nearest range is over an hour away and we didn't make it to the range but we fired off a couple hundred rounds at a woodpile in my uncle's backyard. I mounted an Osprey holographic sight and did a quick laser boresight adjustment. We were shooting at about 100 ft. The Osprey dialed right in easily with a couple of tweeks and worked well. I say we but I only got to run through one 30 round magazine. Wife fired the rest. She didn't want to let go of it. She's in love. We were shooting at a small steel triple rotating taget of the walmart variety. She was nailing it flawlessly. First the left, then the center, then the right, then back to the left, and so on. We used both Remington and Federal bulk ammo. Had some duds with the Remingtons but that's pretty normal. The Federal preformed better. In summary, we both give it a thumbs up. Really fun to shoot. Groundhogs beware...there's a new sheriff in town.

As a side note, I liked the Osprey so well for the price, I got one for my S&W Model 22A. Picked them up at the gun show in Morristown. They were selling them for $69 but I had seen them at OpticPlanet for $59 with free shipping and the guy at the show matched that price. Just like on the Colt, it dialed in easily and worked well.

Guest c.a.s.

No.

Actually, like how SW imports Walther's stuff, Umarex is only the IMPORTER for the Colt Tactical Rimfire.

Guest Phantom6
That's what I have heard....

Just a note regarding the pedigree of these rifles and carbines-

Umarex, having a division which is one of the largest and most famous replica/airsoft manufacturers and importers in Europe is the parent company of Walther Firearms. The Colt AR's are made by Walther, licensed by Colt and imported by UmarexUsa which is of course the American division of Umarex. You can read more about it on our site where we have an entire page devoted to these great little shooters. Follow this link to our New Firearms page and scroll about 1/2 way down to find the link to the Colt M4's.

Does your wife have a sister thats not married ?

You really wouldn't want to know her sister.....really. I got the only good one of the group and yup, she's a keeper. For her birthday we went to the range, a gunshow, to dinner, then front row seats at the MMA cage fights. She said it was the best birhtday ever. :D:D:hyper: