Offering one free Duracoat refinish to a worn and weary Glock

• Administrator

As some of you know, I have started doing Duracoat refinishing on the side. The more of it that I do, the more I enjoy it. Years and years ago one of my hobbies was restoring cars and I was pretty handy with the spray gun back then, having several repaints under my belt. Coincidentally, a lot of the mechanics from that apply to refinishing a firearm so I feel like I had a pretty good leg up on the process from the start.

I've invested a decent amount of time and money into getting my gear assembled to do quality firearms refinishing (equipment, learning the process, etc.) and have now done quite a few grip panels and other accessories. At this point I'm ready to tackle a firearm. A Glock seems like the logical place to start because detail stripping the slide is a no-brainer. I also have the necessary sight pusher tool (MGW) to install a rear sight without using the neanderthal drift and hammer method.

What I'm offering is this:

You supply the Glock handgun (slide only is fine) and you pay for the Duracoat material itself in whatever color you want the gun finished in. I will provide the media blasting necessary to prepare the slide for finishing and will perform the work and high-temperature cure the finish.

You get a Duracoat finish for the cost of materials only and I get to scratch the itch of doing a "whole" firearm instead of pieces of firearms and firearm furniture. :rofl:

This offer does not include wild camo patterns or anything like that. Just a solid color this time around. We'll get a little more crazy the next time I extend an offer like this and do something more involved. You'd get first shot at that also in exchange for being the guinea pig. I'd do this to my own Glock 19 if it weren't for the fact that the finish is still essentially perfect on it. I figure someone out there has a beat-up Glock that they'd like to have spruced up a bit.

First come, first served!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
Oh how I wish my Glock was wore out, lol. Good on you David for extending this service to a lucky member. The more I'm on TGO the more I am proud to be a member here.

-Jason G

Thanks for the kind words. Whatever Glock is applying over the Tenifer finish on the 3rd gen guns is really holding up well to holster wear and normal abuse. I have to hand it to them on that one. :rofl:

Guest 70below

I would be interested too, but my G22 is somewhat of limited model, so I don't really want to use anything that isn't factory.

• Administrator
I have a sig 225/P6 if you ever want to do a slide and receiver. I have taken it down to its component parts once before already and wouldnt mind doing it again.

I'd be open to that if you don't mind stripping it down completely.

Guest JHatmaker

I'll bite, I've got a G32. It's still in like new condition, but if the supplies I need to purchase don't cost much I'll let you paint mine. I'd like a two tone look anyway, so silver-ish will work. If you could point me in the direction of where to find what all I need to buy, I'd appreciate it.

Guest JHatmaker
Just tell me what color you want. I get it direct from Lauer Custom Weaponry.

Titanium

If that don't have that:

2nd Choice = Stainless Steel

3rd Choice = German Olive Gray

4th Choice = ACU Gray Green

5th Choice = Air Force Digital Light Green

And if for some reason they don't have any of those, Bengal Brown :D (the color combo on the sample AR doesn't look too bad...)

I can meet up as early as tonight or anytime this weekend to give you my slide. Thanks!

Guest 3pugguy

This is a nice offer - too bad my G19 is almost new :)

Do you think you will post some before and after pics for us? Again, what a nice offer!