AMMO REPORTS

Guest SUNTZU

Bass Pro in Memphis was loading the shelves when I was there about a hour ago. Had a bunch of Win SXZ in 9, .40 and .45

I went to Bass Pro this afternoon. They still have a bunch of the Win SXZ stuff as well as a bunch of 9mm NATO Win ammo. They have something in just about every flavor except .380.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Palmetto has 7.62x39 ammo, 1260 rd crates for 199 bucks, free shipping

It is corrosive but I have used it before and it shot well. I strip the 59/66 to clean it when I shoot it anyway so not much tougher to clean it from corrosives.

7.62x39 Yugo FMJ Brass Case Military Surplus

I might know someone who ordered it. :lol:

My name is Mike.357 and I am an ammo-aholic.

Palmetto has 7.62x39 ammo, 1260 rd crates for 199 bucks, free shipping

It is corrosive but I have used it before and it shot well. I strip the 59/66 to clean it when I shoot it anyway so not much tougher to clean it from corrosives.

7.62x39 Yugo FMJ Brass Case Military Surplus

I might know someone who ordered it. :lol:

My name is Mike.357 and I am an ammo-aholic.

I saw that as well. If I still had a sks I would definately order some.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Yesterday I stopped at Gander Mountain in Bowling Green, Ky on my way to the girlfriends. They had a very decent assortment of handgun ammo available. They even had the elusive .45 and .380 calibers that I see most every where else run out of. I ponied up $100 for a 250 count box of .45 Auto. Kinda sucks to have to pay that much, but their isn't much I can do about it. They have a 2 box limit also.

Guest Revelator

Couple of online deals for .223:

For Russian steel cased AIM has Silver Bear 62g hollow point for like $104 per 500, add about $12 shipping.

For brass, Smoke Wagon Gear has a couple different brands, CCI/Lake City $150 per 500 and Federal XM193 $300 for 1000. Either way that's 30 cents per round before shipping.

I think those are good prices for .223. I also saw some Silver Bear 9 mil hollow point for about $14 per 50 at JG Sales. Interesting. But I don't know if I'd go that low PD pistol ammo.

Edited by P. Stegall
Guest Revelator

I didn't get into guns til 2007, so unfortunately I don't know what it's like to see your basic plinking and practice ammo for less than ~ 25 cents per. But I've heard stories about the good old days. 1000 rounds for a hundred bucks? I can only imagine. All the more reason to stock up now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest oldsmobile98

Stopped by the Gallaher View Wally. I had just been cleaning some gutters, so my shirt had dirt all over it. Had a funny feeling I was going to meet my soulmate there tonight. No go. Decided to cut my losses and check the ammo counter.

No .45 ACP, and I didn't see any .357 Mag, but most all other common rounds were there. At least one box of .45 Long Colt as well.

Edited by oldsmobile98
  • 2 months later...
Guest tnxdshooter

Sportsmans warehouse is having a clearence sale on some of their ammo. I got 20 165 grain JHP Winchester PDX1 Bonded hollow points for 22.85 with tax. They were marked down to 20.99 on clearance. This is the cheapest that I have seen these yet. They had plenty in 40, and 9 and even had some 45 pdx 1.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Academy in Hixson last week and bought 2 boxes of Win. PDX1, 124gr JHP for 17.99/20. Also had the cheap Monarch brass for 9.99/50

I bought only 9mm but i think that they had others.