Official Thread for TN House / Senate Override of HB0962 Gubernatorial Veto

Guest HexHead

Guest ScottD
You can be sure the Tennessean will stir things up that day. Believe me, the media will be out.

I wouldn't be so sure. But to each his own, if you aren't comfortable open carrying for whatever reason, don't do it.

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bunch of us open carrying in our favorite restaurants isn't a good idea. That's a damn good way to get it posted IMHO.

Yes, because that has been the outcome at all the other places people have open carried at for meetings right? I don't want to start the OC/CC debate again... but there just isn't a lot of facts to support this argument...

People have gun club meets in restaurants today, many times people at those meetings are open carrying, yet not only does Shoney's (insert other names here) not post, they invite the group back month after month.

I've chosen to open carry into restaurants on a fairly regular basis (my business attire I wear day to day doesn't allow me to conceal carry) rather than go unarmed, never had a problem with a business owner/manager asking me to leave.

You're right if a bunch of people come into a restaurant and act like complete retards and are bad customers then sure that business may very well post, and while we do have some people like that who have HCP's in TN the vast vast majority are responsible citizens who won't cause a business to post.

Just for the record and in hopes of not starting the OC/CC debate... I think CC is always the best choice when you can, but OC is better than not carrying at all. Most important of all it's a personal choice that should be left up to each person as what works best for them.

Guest bhoneycutt

I see one of two things happening.

1. The media will bash it for the entire 40 days in hopes of swaying restaurants to post

or

2. The news will let it go and the average joe will forget about it for 40 days until the news brings up again on the 14th... then after a little while it would be forgot again

Guest HexHead
I think CC is always the best choice when you can, but OC is better than not carrying at all. Most important of all it's a personal choice that should be left up to each person as what works best for them.

I couldn't agree with you more. But an open demonstration just to put it in the left wing liberal loons faces isn't going to win us any friends.

Again, it's like the Gay Pride parades with the guys dressed like the Village People in ass-less chaps doesn't help them any either. LOLOLOL

I had to take my mom to the Dr. @10AM. It sounds like I need to go back and listen to Sen. Jackson's speech.

WOO HOO!!!!

It's too bad we have to wait 40 more days but at least no one can screw us now. I always had Naifeh in the back of my mind just wondering what tricks he had up his sleeve.

Edited by Volzfan
I had to take my mom to the Dr. @10AM. It sounds like I need to go back and listen to Sen. Jackson's speech.

WOO HOO!!!!

It's too bad we have to wait 40 more days but at least no one can screw us now. I always had Naifeh in the back of my mind just wondering what tricks he had up his sleeve.

Yes, you do, definatly worth listening to.

Guest eyebedam

I'm really glad it passed but why the 40 day wait ? I thought it was effective immediatly once the veto was overridden. I'm only asking cause I don't know.

I'm really glad it passed but why the 40 day wait ? I thought it was effective immediatly once the veto was overridden. I'm only asking cause I don't know.

Article II, Sections 18 & 20 of the TN Constitution.

Since it didn't pass until after it's original effective date, it has to wait 40 days as prescribed in the constitution.

At work today, been keeping up here, thanks to all of you for that. Just saw the piece in theTennessean about it getting reactions from restauant owners; I think this one is a classic:

Ben Goldberg is the owner of Paradise Park.

When told that the veto had been overturned on the gun bill, he was so taken aback by the news he said he could not comment.

It's a bar/dive/honky tonk on Nashville's Broadway set in a trailer park motff

Not my idea of fine dining to say the least

I couldn't agree with you more. But an open demonstration just to put it in the left wing liberal loons faces isn't going to win us any friends.

Again, it's like the Gay Pride parades with the guys dressed like the Village People in ass-less chaps doesn't help them any either. LOLOLOL

I don't know if I agree completely... as much as we like to mock the left, their tactics for forcing change seem to work pretty well... I remember the gay pride floats in big cities being a huge deal as a kid, small riots breaking out because of it... Last year I saw one in a small town here in Middle TN's parade and nobody said a word about it.

I'm not saying we should go around wearing ass-less chaps... but being vocal and pushing the public at large and legislators to give us our rights back doesn't seem like such a bad idea.

My argument is unless the group are horrible customers, very few restaurant owners are going to kick them out or post over it. It's hard to turn away 20-30 customers in this economy for any reason, let alone for carrying a gun legally.

Guest pws_smokeyjones

Seriously - the only answer any of us need to give to anybody who is freaked out by this is "36 other states have allowed handgun carry permit holders to go into restaurants that serve alcohol for years and there have been no issues as a result." Its just that simple.

Guest Runnfree

Just sent Sen. Jackson a thank you letter and told him that he is not in my district but would support and vote for him if he decides to run for Governor or U.S. Senate.

Guest ScottD
At work today, been keeping up here, thanks to all of you for that. Just saw the piece in theTennessean about it getting reactions from restauant owners; I think this one is a classic:

Ben Goldberg is the owner of Paradise Park.

When told that the veto had been overturned on the gun bill, he was so taken aback by the news he said he could not comment.

It's a bar/dive/honky tonk on Nashville's Broadway set in a trailer park motff

Not my idea of fine dining to say the least

I liked the place, not now.

Guest HexHead

Okay now this is funny....

Randy Rayburn, owner of Sunset Grill and a couple of other restaurants says he's posted them since last weekend...

"'No Guns — Ever, Free Parking — Always' at Sunset,"

LOLOLOLOL ****ing guy is clueless about "legal" posting.

But this is more troubling...

""Alcohol and gunpowder are a volatile mixture."

"We will change this legislation as it affects Davidson County very shortly. We've been working on this a few days in anticipation of the override" in Metro Council."

I can see asswipe Mayor Dean trying something like this. I'm guessing we'll need to get the NRA involved like they did in San Francisco.

Edited by HexHead