IMG_20141128_203112_zps644192bb.jpg

Sorry to take up so much space with pics, but I wanted to show a before & after comparison of my SBR engraving tribulations.

Thanks be to Mike of Law Enforcement Sales (username LawEnforcementSalesTN) for making my favorite gun right.  Folks, if you're wondering who to go with for this kind of work, PM Mike with confidence, he'll get you squared away.

IMG_20160206_160506_zps3dgb0pju.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry to take up so much space with pics, but I wanted to show a before & after comparison of my SBR engraving tribulations.

Thanks be to Mike of Law Enforcement Sales (username LawEnforcementSalesTN) for making my favorite gun right.  Folks, if you're wondering who to go with for this kind of work, PM Mike with confidence, he'll get you squared away.

IMG_20160206_160506_zps3dgb0pju.jpg

I sent Mike a PM .. it looks much better ...did he do everything same day while you waited or did you ship it?

I just had some stuff engraved using a laser and could not be happier.

The place is Mercury Engraving off of Kingston Pike in the Farragut area. Joy Cole was extremely nice and very professional. They engrave while you wait.

They engraved an AK and a ti tube for a 9mm silencer I am building.

Give Mercury Engraving a call at 865-966-4876.
  • Like 1
  • Moderators

I just had some stuff engraved using a laser and could not be happier.

The place is Mercury Engraving off of Kingston Pike in the Farragut area. Joy Cole was extremely nice and very professional. They engrave while you wait.

They engraved an AK and a ti tube for a 9mm silencer I am building.

Give Mercury Engraving a call at 865-966-4876.

Good to know. Thanks.
  • 2 months later...

Any recommendations for a local shop that will engrave a polymer frame?  I have called several gun stores and none provide engraving services.  One did recommend Tarheel State Firearms, but I rather not mail frame out of state.  Much appreciated.

Tennessee Arms will do this for you if you haven't already found someone.
  • 2 months later...

I ended up using Tarheel State Firearms for my last two SBR Lowers. Outstanding quality of work. Exactly as I requested. I shipped on Monday and had them both back by Thursday or Friday. Cost was around $60 for both plus my shipping tags. I would highly recommend them.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Has anyone used All Things Engraved in Franklin recently for a SBR lower?  I've seen in the thread that some people have used them in the past but didn't post any pictures of their work.  Does anyone else have any suggestions for the Middle TN area?

Edited by WSCJonathan
1 hour ago, WSCJonathan said:

Has anyone used All Things Engraved in Franklin recently for a SBR lower?  I've seen in the thread that some people have used them in the past but didn't post any pictures of their work.  Does anyone else have any suggestions for the Middle TN area?

I've used All Things Engraved in the past, when I was living in TN. They did an excellent job on both of my SBRs. I'd use them again in a heartbeat.

I'll see if I can find pics. 

• 4 months later...

I ended up getting two lowers engraved at All Things Engraved in Franklin.  They were very friendly/accommodating and did a really great job.  I'd recommend them if you are in the area and would definitely use them again in the future.  It was $45 per lower with a few business days turn around time, but I told them I wasn't in a rush so it might be even faster if you are.

13 hours ago, WSCJonathan said:

I ended up getting two lowers engraved at All Things Engraved in Franklin.  They were very friendly/accommodating and did a really great job.  I'd recommend them if you are in the area and would definitely use them again in the future.  It was $45 per lower with a few business days turn around time, but I told them I wasn't in a rush so it might be even faster if you are.

Are they an FFL? 

• 1 year later...

B+B in Murfreesboro DOES NOT do nfa engraving. Talked to them last week and they said they tried once but they could not do it to the requirements so that is one less source. ffr1910

• 11 months later...
On 11/28/2018 at 6:18 PM, WSCJonathan said:

As an FYI, they have moved to Carthage....

• 10 months later...
19 hours ago, DHF said:

Just adding to an old post with a recent experience.  I have used DTV Tactical Innovations here in the Nashville area to engrave three SBR lowers.  They are located in the Royal Range USA building.  They were laser engraved and they knocked the three of them off while I waited.

https://www.dtvtacticalinnovations.com/

Did you see this sweet little thing?

No Law Letter M134 Minigun - Machine Guns at GunBroker.com : 918426230

On 3/2/2022 at 8:31 PM, DHF said:

Just adding to an old post with a recent experience.  I have used DTV Tactical Innovations here in the Nashville area to engrave three SBR lowers.  They are located in the Royal Range USA building.  They were laser engraved and they knocked the three of them off while I waited.

https://www.dtvtacticalinnovations.com/

It's good to see Kris still doing well.  Solid guy who helped me out a while back. 

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...

Took mine to Rusty Oak Armory in Mt Juliet. Waited 15 minutes while he did it, gave him his $10!!  He also machines uppers and lowers which I ended up buying just because it was great quality and says Mount Juliet, Tennessee. Great guy!!!! His name is Jeff Roberts, you can check out his website, number is 615 619 3409.

I did my efile on the SBR, mailed in the fingerprints and my approval was back within 10 days!!!  Not like my suppressors 

engraved.jpg

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, juliangunney said:

Took mine to Rusty Oak Armory in Mt Juliet. Waited 15 minutes while he did it, gave him his $10!!  He also machines uppers and lowers which I ended up buying just because it was great quality and says Mount Juliet, Tennessee. Great guy!!!! His name is Jeff Roberts, you can check out his website, number is 615 619 3409.

I did my efile on the SBR, mailed in the fingerprints and my approval was back within 10 days!!!  Not like my suppressors 

engraved.jpg

That looks good 

4 hours ago, juliangunney said:

engraved.jpg

Lazer?

if so, was it coated after it was etched?

• 1 year later...