July 14, 2009 *TRI CITIES AREA* Restaurant Meet Thread

RSVP if you will be attending  

3 members have voted

1. 1. RSVP if you will be attending

• YES ... Party of one
    • YES ... Party of two (or more)

• Administrator

Use this thread to decide on a place to meet in the Tri Cities Area on July 14th to enjoy dining with friends and firearms. Once a venue and time are chosen, I'll update this first post in the thread to list that information. :meh:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK guys.....anybody up for a little dinner somewhere?

Throw out some suggestions.....I'm thinking around 6:30pm to give everyone time to get off work, pickup spouses etc.

I'm open to just about anywhere in the TRI.

Guest Brian@GunDepot

HEHE, July 14th.

This needs a poll with 'packing?' or 'drinking?' added to it. :P

I'm up for anywhere as long as its 6:30 or later.

I guess it really depends on what kind of food people want... I can do just about anywhere after 6:30p as well on a Tuesday. I personally like the food at Knights, but I also like the fact that they have 40 different beers on tap.

Gondolier has good food down by the Jonesborough Wal-Mart. I suppose there's always the big chain places on the strip, but I usually avoid them because I hate crowds.

Anyone else got an idea?

Is any attempt going to be made to find out if the restaurant that is chosen plans on posting or not?

That might be prudent I suppose... Although I was planning on sticking with the time honored strategy of not rocking the boat by giving closet anti-gun managers/owners the bright idea of properly posting their place of business.

I guess where to go depends more on how many people are willing to come out on a Tuesday night to celebrate restaurant carry.

Guest illumina

Not sure if I'll be able to make it, but some restaurants that come to mind are El Torito's(mexican), Johnny Bruscos(pizza) and Crazy Tomato(italian). I'm really only familiar with the JC area though.

Not sure if I'll be able to make it, but some restaurants that come to mind are El Torito's(mexican), Johnny Bruscos(pizza) and Crazy Tomato(italian). I'm really only familiar with the JC area though.

The Tomato's had a non-compliant sign up behind the register for as long as I can remember. I'd expect them to go ahead and post since they've had that one up for so long.

Knights is in what used to be Buck's Pizza by ETSU. They bought new furniture and flat screen TVs, added about 35 taps to the bar, put sandwiches on the menu instead of pizzas, and kept all the old employees. They still have calzones and strombolis on the menu, they just stopped selling pizza.

Guest Plunky
Knights is in what used to be Buck's Pizza by ETSU. They bought new furniture and flat screen TVs, added about 35 taps to the bar, put sandwiches on the menu instead of pizzas, and kept all the old employees. They still have calzones and strombolis on the menu, they just stopped selling pizza.

Yeah, it was part of the franchise agreement. I knew a girl who worked there, if memory serves, she said they couldn't do pizza of any kind for a few years after leaving the franchise.

Anywho, I'm up for a meet, since I live in JC.

We can always change the time to accomodate most folks...and being a little late is cool, right?...lol

anyway...you guys keep the date in mind, i know its a little far off, and think of a good place to go and chill for a while and get to know new people.

Alright, I've put it on my calendar for 7:30pm at Knights on the 14th. Hopefully we can get a reasonably accurate headcount beforehand so they can shove some tables together for us that night. If people want to bring spouses/significant others, I say the more the merrier.

They do have 40 beers on tap, and I've only tried about 25 of them thus far, so I might end up leaving my sidearm at home in the name of satisfying my taste buds.

• 3 weeks later...