3 members have voted

1. 1. RSVP if you will be attending

• YES ... Party of one
    • YES ... Party of two (or more)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is any attempt going to be made to find out if the restaurant that is chosen plans on posting or not?

It looks like the Mrs. has plans for me for the evening, so I don't expect to make it. With that said, I did a little recon this morning - at that time, Knight's did NOT appear to be posted in any manner.

Actually, I didn't just go by there. I checked out about 35 establishments in JC looking for postings on the doors or immediately inside. Now, it's certainly possible that I missed one or two along the way, but I'm pretty confident that of those 35 only 2 were posted with "No guns" signs. These places were somewhat randomly selected and included some that serve alcohol and some that do not, some small local places and some big chains, some with very liberal owners and some with very conservative. I really tried to include a wide variety of places.

At least a couple of these locations are even owned by people who have stated publicly that they oppose handgun carry in restaurants - yet they were not currently posted. So, at least for the moment, there doesn't appear to be a rush by restaurateurs in JC to prohibit carry.

• Administrator

Perhaps someone from this gathering can take a camera and snap a group photo at some point this evening, then post it here later for us all to see and enjoy. Be sure to raise your iced-tea high in toast. :poop:

Was Numans "legally" posted? One of my coworkers said he was holding up a cardboard sign with a gun and a line drawn through it.

From what I could see, no. I still wouldn't recommend that anyone carry there.

Guest illumina

Do you guys want to meet outside or something? I'll probably be arriving around 7:15. I'll be squidding it up on my motorcycle with my fiance on back. Planning on wearing blue jeans with a blue polo and flippy-floppies.

As requested, here's a group photo of everyone who came out for some food and conversation at Knight's in Johnson City. Apologies to the ladies, I'm horrible with names for the first three or four times I see someone.

july14tgomeet-jc.jpg

Left to Right: titan14, Mrs titan14, skwashdem, foister82, illumina, Mrs illumina

Guest illumina

Haha, please :) I was tempted but I thought I better not :screwy:

Was a lot of fun meeting all of you! Look forward to future gatherings/shootings. If anyone ever wants to hit the range up, I'm game.

Guest illumina

Yeah, I'm just playin. Bikes vs cars aren't exactly fair, especially a "sports bike." Very sweet ride you have there though, the G35 is one of my fantasies, and the 350Z isn't far behind.

Yeah, I'm just playin. Bikes vs cars aren't exactly fair, especially a "sports bike." Very sweet ride you have there though, the G35 is one of my fantasies, and the 350Z isn't far behind.

I tried like hell to get Mrs. Titan to buy the G...we drove it before we drove the Z....went to drive the Z...it was all OVER...she HAD to have the Z. The boss spoke....I listened....

Guest illumina

Understood, I would do the same thing. I don't think they make the G35 anymore, only the G37, which I guess is the new mode for 2010?