Iphone 3Gs

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest illumina

If you're going to get one, I'd wait and spend the $100 extra for the new one. It doesn't have that many new features, but it also has twice the memory space. I personally have an original 8gb iPhone-non3g. My two years is about up, but I hate AT&T so I'll probably switch to Verizon. The iPhone itself is amazing though, I absolutely love it.

• Admin Team

I've got mine reserved. I skipped the 3G, as my original is still working just fine. I want the faster network access though. And, I figure that in 6 months or so, I will need a battery in my phone. Replacing that is as expensive as the $99 upgrade.

I'm looking forward to it.

I don't get spending that much money on a phone that I have to buy an app for just to send a picture message.

?

You can send any picture you want via email. MMS messaging is coming in a few months.

I don't get the Iphone buzz. I don't get spending that much money on a phone that I have to buy an app for just to send a picture message.

HEATHEN!!! May your soul burn in hell for the Blasphemy you speak!! :rolleyes:

My brother is out at the Apple WWDC right now. He said the Keynote speech was pretty cool. The new iPhone has MMS so yo do not have to buy an app to send a picture. Of course AT&T will not suport mms until the end of the summer.

Overall the new phone looks to have some nice new features. We play hand me down around the office. My dad and brother will probably get the new 3Gs and I will get their 3G. I am still using one of the first gen iPhones.

?

You can send any picture you want via email. MMS messaging is coming in a few months.

Don't wanna send it via email. Wanna send it MMS. *stomps feet*

HEATHEN!!! May your soul burn in hell for the Blasphemy you speak!! :rolleyes:

That's what everybody said when I bought a PC lol

I have been anti apple, until I bought my wife an Iphone a couple weeks ago from Robin on these here boards, and now I am kinda digging it.

The new phone will support MMS messaging, and the keyboard will turn landscape when typing an email and text message....and those were my only real hangups.

I will wait and get the newer one if I decide to go that route....but I think I am leaning that way.

I have been anti apple, until I bought my wife an Iphone a couple weeks ago from Robin on these here boards, and now I am kinda digging it.

YES! Another convert!

It is funny how many people don't see the point of an iPhone until they use one for a couple of days. I was one of those people. My dad and brother kept raving about them. I finally spent some time with one and got hooked.

YES! Another convert!

It is funny how many people don't see the point of an iPhone until they use one for a couple of days. I was one of those people. My dad and brother kept raving about them. I finally spent some time with one and got hooked.

I use a Samsung Blackjack 2, running windows Mobile 6.1...and it isn't broken...so.....I didn't see a need for the iphone, until now.

Wow it is cool. Easy to use, awesome apps...including the free Kindle app, that initself is worth the price, for anyone who reeads a lot of books.

I really don't want to jump on the bandwagon, but I don't think I can keep from it.

Guest TurboniumOxide

I have had the 1st and 2nd gen iPhone. I will probably get the Third. But I am an iPhone programmer. I really like my iPhones, enough to learn how to code for them but you have to be careful. No other phone will compare, ever.

Yes, I love my 3G and will buy the 3G S soon. I really like the ease of getting on the internet when out and about when I'm bored. I spend alot of time here on TGO via the iphone as well. I also really enjoy my USA Today app as well, Thanx KahrMan! :)

I've been thinking about switching from my original iPhone to a new 3g. I have had mine for close to 2 years, and ATT is offering a $18 upgrade to a 3g. I guess it is because of the new version coming out.

I love mine, but wish it could receive picture messages as well. Apple thought that the progression was away from the SMS to email, but I think they forgot that everyone doesn't have a smart phone. So it never really happened.

Guest Drewglynn

And don't forget that on the 17th people with the current 3g iPhone can upgrade the software to 3.0 ... And gain most of the features of the new phone..

And don't forget that on the 17th people with the current 3g iPhone can upgrade the software to 3.0 ... And gain most of the features of the new phone..

So can original iPhone users.

Guest db99wj

My palm is keeping on keeping on, but ATT has dropped the Palm platform so my next upgrade will be an Iphone, might be awhile, unless I drop it....again...so far the Palm Treo has been bounce resistant.

My biggest drawback is the internet. Can't/won't afford it. I don't want to be on that much to substantiate the cost. I do like the Wifi feature for the occasional surf.

Guest HexHead
My palm is keeping on keeping on, but ATT has dropped the Palm platform so my next upgrade will be an Iphone, might be awhile, unless I drop it....again...so far the Palm Treo has been bounce resistant.

My biggest drawback is the internet. Can't/won't afford it. I don't want to be on that much to substantiate the cost. I do like the Wifi feature for the occasional surf.

Then you won't be getting an iPhone. The data package isn't optional.

I've been thinking about switching from my original iPhone to a new 3g. I have had mine for close to 2 years, and ATT is offering a $18 upgrade to a 3g. I guess it is because of the new version coming out.

I love mine, but wish it could receive picture messages as well. Apple thought that the progression was away from the SMS to email, but I think they forgot that everyone doesn't have a smart phone. So it never really happened.

I think....I may be wrong.....but I think that is and $18 upgrade fee + the cost of the phone with a new contract, whiche would be:

$18 + $99 for 8gb Iphone 3g

$18 +$199 for 16gb Iphone 3GS (available June 19th)

$18 +$299 for 32gb Iphone 3GS (available June 19th)

Then you won't be getting an iPhone. The data package isn't optional.

That is correct.

The one we have for my wifes phone is $20 a month which is unlimited internet and 200 text messages.

However I pay an extra $9.99 for an unlimited family text messaging package for my three phones.

The internet package for my phone is $30.

Guest db99wj

Well, better not drop my phone. disappointing. $20 isn't too bad......and I already pay for texts at 5 bucks...so it is like $15........