What can we do to improve the site?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a chance to talk to Mark@sea from time to time on there...don't re evaluate the chat...just use the dang thing more! :cool:

Good idea. I think I'll try to remember to do that. BTW, anyone use Skype?

I think getting the posted database up will be good. That's a primary reason I joined here.

We could kick off all the people who use guns without hammers. :stir:

Guest c.a.s.
Good idea. I think I'll try to remember to do that. BTW, anyone use Skype?

I think getting the posted database up will be good. That's a primary reason I joined here.

We could kick off all the people who use guns without hammers. :eek:

I use skype, though I have, amazingly, forgotten my name.

Skype is like using the phone, if you have a faster internet connection, but without the bill.

I'd like to see a button or link to clear the New Posts history from the New Posts page and take us to the raw forum topics list. On another board that is called, "Mark all forums as read and return to index". It's in the blue bar on the New Posts page.

1213269196_cb7b34bf51.jpg

To do that here, you have to go to the forum index (click on "Forums"), scroll down and click on "Mark Forums Read".

Lots of times I've read the new stuff and want to clear the history so the next time I click on "New Posts" I don't see the stuff I've already read.

In short, I just want a "Mark Forums Read" link at the top of the "New Posts" page.

• Administrator
I'd like to see a button or link to clear the New Posts history from the New Posts page and take us to the raw forum topics list. On another board that is called, "Mark all forums as read and return to index". It's in the blue bar on the New Posts page.

In short, I just want a "Mark Forums Read" link at the top of the "New Posts" page.

Well it's not at the top (it looked dumb there) but it's at the bottom of the "New Posts" search results page, and any other search results page. Just look at the bottom right where it says "Showing results X of Y" and beneath that you will see the link.

How's that?

hey!! Me and BOOM and Dotsun use the chat when we're on...

I've had a chance to talk to Mark@sea from time to time on there...don't re evaluate the chat...just use the dang thing more! :up:

The chat system is very good its just a shame that only a few use it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

OK... so it's that time again... What can we do to further improve the site NOW? :taser:

The databases are up and operational. We've got a quick way to clear out the unread posts per Mars' suggestion, and we've got a better facility for tracking what posts are really read and which are unread between each visit.

What about our photo gallery? Do you like the way it works? I for one have always had a love/hate relationship with that gallery software but it's the best one for the vBulletin forums right now. That doesn't mean I can't pressure the software's author to improve upon things though.

Any other areas that you guys see needing work? Or maybe it's not a functional improvement but something that we can improve about the atmosphere here?

Let 'er rip. I want all suggestions, even the ones that might leave a welt.

Guest Verbal Kint

Tungsten, I want to know how I can put up an animated avatar, or if the avatar section will support a wider array of formats.

Mine's already animated. :P

The forum software supports a wide variety of image formats, it all just depends on which ones are currently activated or not.

Guest Verbal Kint
Tower, just use an animated gif. (I guess)

Yeah, he was wanting to use a specific one that was too large (dimensional) for the forums... but I resized it for him in Adobe.