Adam Dread is a disgrace to the City of Nashville...

Guest KevinM

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 3pugguy

I strongly disagree with Adam, but at least he has the stones to openly state his position and unlike some of our elected state and national politicians (and political appointees), he does not hide behind others and wait for the polls (aka swaying like willows in a spring breeze to see how to vote/what opinion to present).

Tough thing about free speech for all of us - gotta take the bitter with the sweet. Like most, I take exception to all the anti-gun, scare tactic articles and interviews, etc to include this fella. Yes, the anti-everything gun really, really, gets old - guns bad, gun owners bad, HCP really bad,

ad infinitum, ...

Just my two cents.

Guest KevinM

He is using the issue to promote himself. I understand he has a right to say what he wants...and even advocate that Metro BREAK THE LAW...but that doesn't mean he isn't a total disgrace.

He is a self-serving blowhard.

Guest 3pugguy
He is using the issue to promote himself. I understand he has a right to say what he wants...and even advocate that Metro BREAK THE LAW...but that doesn't mean he isn't a total disgrace.

He is a self-serving blowhard.

Well, he is accomplishing his goal I reckon - even though it's negative he is getting publicity from us.

He will have about as much impact as the council, I would think, so let him spout off all he wants.

Figured I would change my avatar, since I am just monkeying around here (ha ha, hundreds of unemployed comedians and you guys get me).

Edited by 3pugguy
add a line
Guest KevinM
I'm pretty sure I could have gone the rest of my life never knowing that name.

Thanks for nothing.:hat:

He is a former Nashville councilman. You'd never heard of him?

Guest sermon8r

Why is it ok to serve folks in resturants booze knowing one of them is driving home...........

I also have run more than one restaurant in this town and in two other states, and been a bartender. Here's why I assure you allowing Drivers in restaurants and bars is bad: First and foremost, let me clarify that it's not the legal Driver who I'm worried about; it's the collateral damage. If Drivers are in places that serve alcohol, I'm worried about the drunken idiot/showoff/bonehead who may try to take the keys from him.

Further, I also think our fair city having the reputation of "Drivers in restaurants" is bad for tourism and local business. It won't exactly attract family tourism. Common sense dictates to me (as a husband and a father) that if I want to go to a restaurant, and I find out Drivers are permitted there, I won't go there. I've been managing restaurants since I was 15 years old, and our family supports local restaurants more than most. I can safely say that you won't find us in any alcohol-serving restaurant that allows Drivers on the premises.

How to fix it

Actually, Nashville can avoid this problem, quite simply, regardless of the legislature. Long ago, a deal was struck where the state controls "spirits" and the counties control beer. Davidson County needs to run with this. We have an appointed Metro Beer Board. The board's members enforce laws drafted by our Metro Council. Hopefully, our Metro Council will add a simple paragraph to the beer code that codifies that "No on-premise license shall be issued to any establishment that permits Drivers on the premises."

Problem solved. No hassle for our restaurants and bars, and our citizens, guests and police officers will not be put in harm's way. If the small, rural counties in Tennessee want to allow Drivers where beer is served, that's their prerogative.

God Bless,

CPL William W. Haley

TNSG "Fidelitas, Officium, Veneratio, Selfless Muneris, Veneratio, Integrity, Alio Virtus"

Guest benchpresspower
" I was in a gun fight but dont try to google it" What in the world?

Awwww man, and I had nothing else better to do. Guess its back to watching the grass grow.

Yknow I find it funny how all these nut jobs say "Oh I'm pro 2nd Ammendment.....BUT.........."

Guest KevinM
OK I gotta ask, what's with the string of ads in the OP?

Dunno, I cut and pasted the article...then erased it all and just left the link because of it but they wont go away. Sorry to the mods.

Let me preface this by saying I am pro-gun, pro-Second Amendment

That’s like those preparing to make a racist remark and starting with “I have black friends.†:P

and, possibly uniquely, a survivor of a gunfight (not in America, so don't try to Google it.)

What the …..

You were in a gunfight or you weren’t. And if you were you were carrying a gun. :wall:

Further, I also think our fair city having the reputation of "guns in restaurants" is bad for tourism and local business. It won't exactly attract family tourism.

Common sense dictates to me (as a husband and a father) that if I want to go to a restaurant, and I find out guns are permitted there, I won't go there.

So you never eat at restaurants that don’t serve alcohol? They have allowed guns for years. Common sense dictates to me that if someone is that concerned about a “family†atmosphere you probably won’t find them in restaurants that serve liquor.

What a dumbass. He needs to go back to Nantucket.

That’s like those preparing to make a racist remark and starting with “I have black friends.†:P

What the …..

You were in a gunfight or you weren’t. And if you were you were carrying a gun. :wall:

So you never eat at restaurants that don’t serve alcohol? They have allowed guns for years. Common sense dictates to me that if someone is that concerned about a “family†atmosphere you probably won’t find them in restaurants that serve liquor.

What a dumbass. He needs to go back to Nantucket.

The gunfight thing just struck me as the dumbest remark ever. "I was in a gunfight, but uh don't look it up." Maybe Jeepmonkey turned Lib?

Guest 3pugguy
Awwww man, and I had nothing else better to do. Guess its back to watching the grass grow.

Yknow I find it funny how all these nut jobs say "Oh I'm pro 2nd Ammendment.....BUT.........."

+1...how could he be pro-Second? But, he is saying his piece and as Glockmeister pointed out, has a limited knowledge of what he writing about.

But his audience will like him and maybe KevinM is right - the guy (adam, lower case on purpose - as in unimportant) is only trying to promote himself.

I disagree with him, but he is one of many fools (so many fools, so little time to write emails).

Barry

Guest 3pugguy
fry-see-what-you-did-there-scaled.jpg

+1 trillion...

But I do give him his due for either having stones for making a stand (wrong though he is); or he could just be dumb as a stump.

Guest KevinM

Also, there are ALREADY SIGNS IN RESTAURANTS THAT SERVE ALCOHOL THAT SAY NO GUNS. I find it hard to believe he didn't already know that so it makes me think he is questioning the collective intelligence of Nashville.

And I hear his real name isn't even Adam Dread...he had it legally changed as an adult. Haven't confirmed that but its on his wiki page and he edits it frequently so I would assume he would change it if it were not true...

Guest 3pugguy
Also, there are ALREADY SIGNS IN RESTAURANTS THAT SERVE ALCOHOL THAT SAY NO GUNS. I find it hard to believe he didn't already know that so it makes me think he is questioning the collective intelligence of Nashville.

And I hear his real name isn't even Adam Dread...he had it legally changed as an adult. Haven't confirmed that but its on his wiki page and he edits it frequently so I would assume he would change it if it were not true...

Adam Dread sounds like a character for a "B" movie. Anyway, go well, be safe...this guy is another in the long line of knuckleheads.