Ruger LCR

Guest m&pc9

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HexHead
Does anyone know of a gun store @ Knoxville that a has a Ruger LCR in stock. I would like to check one out and fondle it.:lol:

No, but I know of one in Nashville. :)

Guest JHatmaker

Hmmm, may have to take a drive during lunch...

No, no, must...have...willpower. I've been digging those for a while since I played with one.

Hmmm, may have to take a drive during lunch...

No, no, must...have...willpower. I've been digging those for a while since I played with one.

Don't let someone else buy your gun, you never know when one will pop up again. :poop:

Oops, I misread the thread title. I have the LCP. I have handled a couple of LCRs and have recommended it to a friend who is a judicial commissioner. I wouldn't mind one for myself. I just wonder if it kicks as hard as the LCP.

Let me know next time you are in town and we can go shooting!

• 2 months later...
Anyone got a range report on one of these things yet?

got one last week... LOVE it so far. Only one trip to the range as of yet, but I left very happy with the purchase.

zero problems with the gun...went bang every single time (which is more than I can say for the Taurus 709 that the LCR is replacing...but that's another thread :) )

recoil is not bad at all, considering how light the gun is...mine has the C/T grips, so it probably feels a little snappier than it would with the Hogue's...

ran 2 types of ammo thru it so far... Winchester white-box 130gr and Hornady Critical Defense 110gr +p. the +p ammo actually shot a little sweeter, but it's probably due to the lighter bullet.

the C/T grips work great...although I'm still getting used to the feel; not bad, but different. wish I could have the best of both worlds...the Hogue grips with a laser built in. the only other thing I would change is the front sight...I'll probably put an XS big dot on once they're available for the LCR.

I carried the gun a couple days this weekend, and it packs great!! barely even know it's there...

REALLY happy with this gun so far...will shoot it some more this week, and try to post pics/targets

PS - it has the best trigger I've ever felt on a stock DA revolver...beats stock s&w triggers to pieces!!

I forgot to post, I found one about a month ago and fondled it. And then I bought a S&W 442.

I liked the way the LCR looked. But I kept thinking after many years of shooting would the rivets that connect the poly to the aluminium be tight.

And I figured the S&W would last a lifetime.