Guest truthsayer

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gun Geek
When does this take effect?

According to the bill On July 1

SECTION 2. This act shall take effect July 1, 2009, the public welfare requiring it.
  • 3 weeks later...

This sounds like the perfect, and only acceptable, use of a Hi-Point. Plus you can use it as a wheel chock when you have to change a flat.

;)

I think my Mav 88 may have have found a new home. Truck pistol, can you say BERSA?

I am happy they passed the law, but I don't really see it affecting me much. If the SHTF it will probably be quick, within 25 feet and no time to get to the car or open a door or trunk if I am at the car. The days of showing off your neat pump shotgun in a window rack are gone. Unless you have an overwhelming desire to arm the gangbangers. Five fast rounds at ten to fifteen feet is pretty much going to be my area of operations and that is pocket gun shooting not ARs or SGs.

It will be nice to able to carry my 10/22 out to my fishing camp in my car without any kind of hassle though!

Edited by wjh2657
Guest 1shot

The perfect "cheap" truck gun for me while out in the back country etc. is one of my K-31 Schmidt Rubin 7.5X55 Swiss caliber (it will do anything a 308 win will do) rifles that I gave $100.00 for. It has a detachable mag (I have others). I have a scope on it with a rock solid clamp on mount that sits slightly right of center on the receiver which allows use of the open sights. The major benefit with this rife is that it is very accurate. It is also of a length that will be easy to get in and out of the floor of the king cab area behind the seats in my truck. It has a straight pull bolt that is as smooth as melted butter also.

Or if I want something very light, very short, but yet very powerful that was very cheap for car or truck rifle. I have a model 38 & 44 Mossin-Nagant carbine that fires the 7.62X54R caliber round. If the bullet from one of these don't do the job the muzzle blast will.:eek::):D:death:

i second the hipoint notion

Even though the HP carbine is only ~ $200, they are rather hard to get, and I still wouldn't want it stolen.

So, like many here, except on way to ranges, I don't guess the new statue has much bearing on me.

- OS

Guest kdpate

My father kept a Browning Twelvette in his truck. Took it out and put it backin the gun safe when he passed. Reconsidering using it since it's light and about the right size to be kept in the truck again.....:tough: