Ladies concealed carry?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 3pugguy
My wife is looking for an alternate way(purse) to carry her Taurus Mill-Pro...any suggestions?

Thanks!

If I understand, she currently does not carry in the purse? There are purses made specficaly for carry; think they are a little pricey, but from what I have seen my wife pay for "regular" purse, maybe not.

Here is a link she may find of interest:

Cornered Cat - Should I Carry in my Purse?

A Google search of handgun purse will provide quite a few links for prices, etc.

Good luck

Barry

Thanks guys.

She DOES currently carry in her purse, but, she's not comfortable with the time it takes to present the weapon....she DID mention one of the "holster" purses.....maybe we'll go look at a few of those.....

I carried in my purse....until my purse was stolen in the Walmart parking lot as I was double teamed in a distract and grab scam. I lost my $500 Ported Titanium Taurus .38 snubby along with everything else in my purse.

I switched from purse carry to either a belly band or fanny pack. I can't say enough good about belly bands for comfort, versatility and concealability. Fanny Packs are nice for women too. I can carry my gun, extra mags, flashlight, cell phone, car keys, and my wallet/checkbook.......and I don't even have to carry a purse. :2cents:

Walmart sells a fabric fanny pack for $6 that is absolutely perfect for carrying a gun. There's a large zippered pocket in the rear that will hold a sub compact to compact semi auto along with an extra mag or two easily. Then there's a pocket in front for your wallet and a clip for your car keys....and a hidden pocket in the back next to your body. You can't beat them for the price.

Guest dizzielizzie

I say NO on the purse carry... for more reasons than I (or anyone) can list.

If Mrs. Titan must find another way to carry, i.e. purse, have her check out Coronado leather www.coronadoleather.com . These look like quality purses, with all the bells & whistles one could want for carrying.

If I were to consider this method, I would choose one that can be carried "crossbody" so no one could come up & snatch it. However, I've been told a good sharp knife will cut through a leather strap...

This also means she's gotta keep up with her purse, keeping it as close as possible to her person. No hanging it over the back of a chair or putting it on the floor down by her feet. Carrying a gun is useless if you can't have constant access to it, and stupid if someone else can get at it.

Damn, PackinMama, that had to be the biggest slap-you-in-the-face-awake moment! Brings up a question tho, does walmart really has video surveilence or is that a big crock of :D?

I say NO on the purse carry... for more reasons than I (or anyone) can list.

If Mrs. Titan must find another way to carry, i.e. purse, have her check out Coronado leather www.coronadoleather.com . These look like quality purses, with all the bells & whistles one could want for carrying.

If I were to consider this method, I would choose one that can be carried "crossbody" so no one could come up & snatch it. However, I've been told a good sharp knife will cut through a leather strap...

This also means she's gotta keep up with her purse, keeping it as close as possible to her person. No hanging it over the back of a chair or putting it on the floor down by her feet. Carrying a gun is useless if you can't have constant access to it, and stupid if someone else can get at it.

Damn, PackinMama, that had to be the biggest slap-you-in-the-face-awake moment! Brings up a question tho, does walmart really has video surveilence or is that a big crock of :cheers:?

Yep, sure taught me a lesson (THE HARD WAY) that I'll never forget. Walmart security did release the security tapes to the detective working on the case. I was parked right up front in a handicapped parking place right in front of one of the doors. The car the thieves were driving pulled up behind me and their rear end was facing the store (and the cameras). The detective let me see the tapes and the quality of the video is so poor that you couldn't even tell what kind of car it was, much less read the license plate number.

Now, I do have to hand it to Lowes though! The theives went to Lowes with my Lowes credit card and bought about $500 worth of stuff. This was in another town, thus another jurisdiction and a different detective. He also let me view the Lowes security tapes to ID the suspects. Lowes has some EXCELLENT video technology! Walmart's video was all fuzzy and black & white....but Lowes video was super sharp and in full color! Lowes tapes everone that walks through their doors and they got a good clear full shot of them as they walked in. They also tape each checkout and had them on tape as they used my card to pay for their stuff. Then, they also tape the parking lot and they had a geat shot of their car and them loading everything they bought into it. So with the Lowes tape they were able to ID the suspects and their car. That's how they got caught. Lowes is pretty cool in my book.....heck, you can even take your dog shopping in there with you! :woohoo:

To all the ladies that purse carry or might be thinking about doing so........Please DON'T!!!!

Thanks ladies...she tried my Desantis tuck-this II last night....she "sort of" liked it....we played around with it in different locations....we've come to the conclusion that she wants to carry IWB, but, may have to have an alternate method with tighter fitting outfits......SHEW!!!!!.....I'm just glad I'm not a woman....you guys have my total respect!!!!!!

• 3 months later...
Guest SweetSue

If worn correctly,a purse is a quick way to draw. The strap,across your body and remains there when you sit down anywhere. They have a quick release zipper and after min. practice...please practice, draws quicker than a holster. If someone was comming towards me with a knife to cut the strap,he never would make it to me. If double teamed,they are going to get the fanny pack as fast as they're going to get the purse. Don't get me wrong,I Love my fanny pack, just doesn't go well with a dress. Refuse to go out un-armed so the purse works well.

I've had no success getting my wife to avoid the purse. She has a gun fanny-pack and a holster, but she apparently intends on getting the most from her high-end carry purse that I admit is built right. I just think a purse snatch would be lightning quick, and there goes the Sig ...

Guest SweetSue

PackinMama,checked out the site you posted and fell in love with the, 'Four Seasons Bag'. Three colors to choose from,perfect size and on sale...woohoo! Thanks for posting.

I've had no success getting my wife to avoid the purse. She has a gun fanny-pack and a holster, but she apparently intends on getting the most from her high-end carry purse that I admit is built right. I just think a purse snatch would be lightning quick, and there goes the Sig ...

same here. I used all all my "hubby quarters" convincing her to go to the HCP class.. then getting her to submit the application and get fingerprinted. Getting her to change her wardrobe is not working well.. She usually wears form-fitting clothes to the office and there aint much room for a big piece of metal. Looks like a good carry purse is the only option...

Guest dizzielizzie

I've been away from TGO for a couple of weeks...

Hope your wife figured something out, TNTitan. Make sure she checks out the "cornered cat" website; they added some shirt / top suggestions to it.

I have inspired a few friends to go out and get their HCP... One is a female friend, and I asked her if she has considered where she will carry her gun once she gets her permit. She said "oh, I'll probably just put it in my purse." I looked down, and she has one of those monsters packed full of who knows what, so packed she can't shut the thing. She had just gotten off work, so I didn't have the heart to give her "some advice" on purse carry... but getting caught up on TGO this reminds me I need to check in with her.

I'm curious to know if other's safety classes covered carry methods (mine did.) It was real brief, but helpful.

• 4 weeks later...

Wife says to check ouy CCWSUPPLY.BIZ they got galco plus a really good "knock off" for a lot less, she bought one liked it so much got two more. Gee, what is it with shoes and pocketbooks?

Guest nokomom

Guns and Ammo in Memphis if you are ever in the area has a few carry purses that were in the $50 range. One of the designs was nice. I just can't bring myself to carry in my purse! I have a Smart Carry, belt and OWB holster, and a belly band that fits most of my needs. I find I grab the Smart Carry more in the summer and the OWB gun/holster combo with jackets in the winter.

Guns and Ammo in Memphis if you are ever in the area has a few carry purses that were in the $50 range. One of the designs was nice. I just can't bring myself to carry in my purse! I have a Smart Carry, belt and OWB holster, and a belly band that fits most of my needs. I find I grab the Smart Carry more in the summer and the OWB gun/holster combo with jackets in the winter.

Nokomom, I love the quotes in your sig line!!! :)

I'm also in agreement with you on purse carrying!

Guest HexHead

Last night at the Target on White Bridge Rd in Nashville, a woman was standing in the parking lot talking to a friend when a car pulled up, a guy got out, stabbed her in the back and stole her purse.

Y'all might want to reconsider that whole purse carry thing.