Need help with C&R App.

• Moderators

I live in Memphis and am want to apply for an 03 FFL (C&R). I know one copy is submitted to the BATFE and another to the CLEO. In this case I chose Sheriff Lutrell as it seems to be the most straight forward option. Only problem is that I can't figure out where to submit the CLEO copy. The folks at the Sherrif's office are no damn help at all aas they seem to be clueless as to what the form even is. I am waiting on a return contact from the local BATFE office.

Any Memphis folks on here have their C&R? Can you tell me where to send the CLEO copy so as to not delay this process any longer than I know it will be stretched out anyways?

Thanks in advance for any info ya'll have for me.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ar15m4guy

Not in memphis but you should have been able to get ahold of someone at the atf. they should have told you where to send the cleo copy. I had to do the same and they helped me right then. They also screwed me on my payment so I was in constant contact with them for a week.Because they messed up on my payment it only took two weeks to recieve my ffl. I just received it yesterday and iwas happy as hell to know that it only took two weeks and other people have been waiting alot longer. I would try calling them again and request to speak with someone that can help. Good Luck.

• Moderators

Just got a phone call back from the BATFE, they said to just send it down to 201 Attn: Mark Luttrel and that would be good. Apparently in my attempts to be 100% correct I was making it harder than it really was, meh. All in all though, you would think the Sheriff's office would have known what the hell I was talking about.

Guest tlondon

I just took a copy of mine to the sheriffs office and told his secretary that this was a copy of a c&r ffl that had to go to the cleo and left it with her. She said ok that she would give it to the sheriff.

Guest ar15m4guy

I agree they should have known something. You cant be the only person in memphis to apply for it. Glad you got it in order though. I am glad I recieved mine so fast. I have already made copies and sending them to dealers to put on file. Cant wait to get something shipped to me. It sure beats all those extra miles and fees you have to pay.

Edited by ar15m4guy
mis spelling
Guest bkelm18

It honestly doesn't matter. I know it is what you are supposed to do, but even if it never gets to him, you'll still get your license. The ATF doesn't check to see if he got a copy. It's just a formality.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bigbadj

The Cleo in Shelby county is Sheriff Mark H. Luttrell, Jr...I sent my copy to him and got my

c&r in 3 weeks...That was in Feb of last year.

Edited by bigbadj