Whatzup girlfriend?!

Guest dizzielizzie

Guest dizzielizzie

Just wondering if any other ladies still out there on TGO! Just kinda feeling like a 5th wheel lately... :sadwave:

Wondering if any ladies carry anything in .45, looking for advice in this area. Whatcha got & how do you like it? I'm thinking of getting one, a big caliber "just for fun"...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things have been pretty slow with the girls around here it seems. I figure with the kids out of school and home more, many of the women that were posting just don't have the time right now.

I'm still here though! I haven't been shooting too much lately......I don't want to shoot up my reserve supply of ammo and it's still difficult to find any at Walmart.

So you want a .45 hmmm? I shoot .40 myself.....seems to be a good compromise between 9mm and .45 IMO.

If you like Glocks, you might want to check out the G36.....it's a sub-compact single stack .45. Since it's a single stack, the grip is much slimmer and easier to wrap your hand around. I've heard nothing but good about the XD line too.

Be sure to let us know what you decide on.......pics and a range report would be awesome too! :lol:

Guest crystalm

I'm still around...I hardly ever post in here though.

No .45. Only time I've ever shot one it was a 1911 and the target lived to see another day.

Guest SigGrl

I'm definitely around.

I LOVE my 1911! I have a Taurus PT 1911. I like the smaller contoured grips on it. I'm actally getting better shooting it than my Sig 9mm.

Guest Alucards_Hell

I am around.I just like to check out a site before I get all into it ,ya know?I carry a .357 mag and I really enjoy taking it to the range....I can handle it very well (recoil wise and target accuracy) and I know that it is big enough to stop some one if need be....Hope this helps ya...I know it isn't a .45 but it is a big caliber handgun....I like revolvers personally :P

Wondering if any ladies carry anything in .45, looking for advice in this area. Whatcha got & how do you like it? I'm thinking of getting one, a big caliber "just for fun"...

Way back in the day I learned to shoot with my father's Navy Colt so I started off with a 45. And now I have a Beretta Cougar 8045F and I love it. The grip is a bit fat for some folks but I like the way it feels and shoots. I doubt I'd carry it but I have a 9mm and .380 for that. :P

Guest blackbeltchick

Hi dizzielizzie, I'm off to the range here soon to shoot my husbands .45. I'll let ya know what I decide about how it handles for me when I return.

I don't have a .45 but I do have a 650 and getting ready to trade up to a 950 LOL..... OK OK I know you didn't mean a bike.

I have two 9mm's and a .380. So can't help in the .45 quest.

I use to be here a lot but I have so much going that I don't have time to get on here like I would like.

Guest blackbeltchick

dizzielizzie, shot the .45 yesterday and let me tell ya, I spent my day at the

Greenville gun show looking for one for myself now! I really like shooting all my guns. I have a Kel Tec P-11, P-32 and a Colt M4 OPS .22LR. Now after shooting my husbands 1911 I'm looking to add to one to my collection or a Bond Arms Snake Slayer 45/410. Decisions, decisions

Guest Angel 24/7

Well I usually check out the site everyday. It is usually over my husbands shoulder. I am extemely busy. I have 2 kids, full time job, remodleing house to move into, and the husband.

I only have a S&Wm&p9 and a 380 kel-tec. I have not shot a .45. The old man I call my husband has one, a 1911. Maybe the next time at the range.

Guest hustle

I've been lurking on here mostly. It has been the Summer of weddings for me. I've also been dealing with buying a new house. It's just been way to busy. I've gotten to teach my little cousins how to shoot a pistol though. It's been fun.

I personally don't like a .45 for carry. I just don't think that I could fire it well with my weak hand if necessary. I have a .380 and a .40 for carry.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest JHatmaker

Ya'll should come out to the Meet and Shoot we have at Owl Hollow in Spring Hill (If you're around Mid TN). There's always a nice little group there and a lot of different guns to try and pass around. It's a great way to test out certain models or calibers you might be interested in. We've already had the July one, but the August one will be announced soon.

I have several 1911's (as well as other carry options), so if you give me a heads up before the shoot, I'll pack anything up and bring it out for you to try.

• 3 weeks later...

I am around, but like most of the ladies here....my life is so busy that I seldom find myself with the time to be here, and I hate that...I don't own a .45 but have shot my husband's .45 Ruger. It was not a difficult gun to shoot, but for me its just too big to carry. I prefer more compact guns like my .380's or .38 snub.

Packinmama-I'm like you, holding on what ammo I have left until this whole ammo scarcity thing lifts-on the other hand, I have enjoyed clay-shooting with 12ga. shotgun, LOL....

Guest blackbeltchick

We hope to go to Norris next Saturday to shoot. I did find an RIA 1911 compact and would love to have another TGO female to swap guns with at a shoot. Also got that Snake Slayer 45/410. Hope to see some TGO female members there. Dizzy, I believe you have the August 2009 Middle Tenennesse Meet and Shoot coming up next weekend. You should go since you're so close. I think everyone likes sharing so you shouldn't have any problems trying some stuff out. Good luck

By the way I decided to carry both the 1911 and the 410! :rolleyes:

Edited by blackbeltchick

blackbeltchick, you're carrying the 1911 and the .410! :biglol: That's just too cool!

You know, we should meet in Morristown for coffee or lunch one day! We could talk about guns and maybe even go shooting sometime. I just have to wait until after August 24....that's when my little guy starts school! :rolleyes:

Guest blackbeltchick
blackbeltchick, you're carrying the 1911 and the .410! :) That's just too cool!

You know, we should meet in Morristown for coffee or lunch one day! We could talk about guns and maybe even go shooting sometime. I just have to wait until after August 24....that's when my little guy starts school! :shake:

Sounds good to me! Just PM me and we can take it from there.

Guest blackbeltchick

Thank you Ace for the great deal on the concealed leather bag. It works great when riding my bike. Always a pleasure visiting your store! :rolleyes:

Guest blackbeltchick
Cool! :screwy:

I'll pm you after my son starts school. It's definitely not easy to find other women that enjoy shooting! :P

That's so true! I have been the only women shooting at the Norris range each time I've gone. Can't wait to meet you!

Blackbeltchick, have you ever been to Bubbling Springs Shooting Range? It's in Greene Co. off hwy 107 in the Cherokee National Forest. Great place to shoot....and I believe it's closer than Norris. It's beautiful out that way too! While you're out there, you can check out the Meadowcreek Fire Tower, Paint Rock, and Paint Creek....Paint Creek is gorgeous....crystal clear cold water, trout fishing, waterfalls, and camping.

I haven't been out to Bubbling Springs in a while, but if I remember right, you only have to pay a $2 or $3 fee.....and it's unsupervised. There's a couple shooting benches, and 25 yd, 50 yd, 75 yd, and 100 yd shooting stands.....and I think they may have went further since I've been there....150 yds maybe?

Guest blackbeltchick
Blackbeltchick, have you ever been to Bubbling Springs Shooting Range? It's in Greene Co. off hwy 107 in the Cherokee National Forest. Great place to shoot....and I believe it's closer than Norris. It's beautiful out that way too! While you're out there, you can check out the Meadowcreek Fire Tower, Paint Rock, and Paint Creek....Paint Creek is gorgeous....crystal clear cold water, trout fishing, waterfalls, and camping.

I haven't been out to Bubbling Springs in a while, but if I remember right, you only have to pay a $2 or $3 fee.....and it's unsupervised. There's a couple shooting benches, and 25 yd, 50 yd, 75 yd, and 100 yd shooting stands.....and I think they may have went further since I've been there....150 yds maybe?

I've never been there, but it does sound like a nice place to visit. I did ask my husband about it, he it having a hard time trying to find directions. You said it's in Greene Co. but the computer said Cocke Co.? Maybe you can give us directions because we are all for closer! Also, where do you go to pay?

Thanks BBC

Edited by blackbeltchick
I've never been there, but it does sound like a nice place to visit. I did ask my husband about it, he it having a hard time trying to find directions. You said it's in Greene Co. but the computer said Cocke Co.? Maybe you can give us directions because we are all for closer! Also, where do you go to pay?

Thanks BBC

The easiest way I know to get there is to go into Newport and take Hwy. 25/70 toward Del Rio. Pass Del Rio and watch for Hwy. 107. Take a left on 107 and just go a little bit (can't remember exactly, but I think it's only a mile or two) and you'll see a sign for Bubbling Springs Shooting Range on the left. Turn down that little dirt road and it will dead end at the range. There's a little box that you put your money in, I believe the fee is $2 per vehicle. Then just shoot away! Here's a link that you can check out.....I couldn't find a good map, but I'm on dial up, so you might have better luck navigating around that site. It also has info about fees and such, and contact numbers you can call for more info: http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/cherokee/recreation/roz_nfrench.shtml :)

If you go out there, be sure to check out Meadowcreek Firetower....which is just a little further down the road on the left also. You park, then walk a short trail up to the fire tower and you can actually go inside it.....absolutely gorgeous views!!! If you have more time, go on up hwy 107 until you see the sign for Paint Creek (past Paint Rock a few miles) and follow the signs to get there.....definitely worth the drive! It's the most beautiful place I've been to in Tennessee, and I've lived here 15 years! You can camp, fish for trout, swim, picnic, and just relax! It's awesome!!! :D

Edited by PackinMama