I need a Shotgun!

Guest Rooster

Guest Rooster

Im looking at getting a shotgun so I thought I would see what you guys think I should get. It will be mostly for home defence, but I have been known to enjoy dove hunting from time to time. Sucky thing is im left handed and I have not seen too many left handed ones in the local gun shops.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Hmmm... do you want an autoloader or a pump shotgun? I really like my Remington 870 a lot and I shoot it left handed out of necessity. So far, no problems doing so. It would probably be a little more problematic if it were an auto since it would stay attached to my cheek while ejecting spent hulls.

Guest Rooster
Hmmm... do you want an autoloader or a pump shotgun? I really like my Remington 870 a lot and I shoot it left handed out of necessity. So far, no problems doing so. It would probably be a little more problematic if it were an auto since it would stay attached to my cheek while ejecting spent hulls.

I really want an auto and thats why I really want a left handed one. Im not a real big fan of dodging spent shells. I think I have only seen 1 or 2 left handed models in a store in my life, I think those were 20g, and I want a 12g.

• Administrator
I really want an auto and thats why I really want a left handed one. Im not a real big fan of dodging spent shells. I think I have only seen 1 or 2 left handed models in a store in my life, I think those were 20g, and I want a 12g.

I hear ya. Maybe a Remington 870 Express just for lefties? LINK

870_exp_lh%5B1%5D.jpg

I bet you could put a shorter barrel on it (plenty available) for home defense and then swap on the bird-barrel for hunting. :confused:

Guest Rooster
I hear ya. Maybe a Remington 870 Express just for lefties? LINK

870_exp_lh%5B1%5D.jpg

I bet you could put a shorter barrel on it (plenty available) for home defense and then swap on the bird-barrel for hunting. :confused:

I have to wait til I get home to look at it......Stupid work internet filter. I cant believe that that they don't block this forum since it has the word "gun" in it.

Guest Ross Mccathren

shotgun_pics_004.jpg

this will be my first sugestion, but if you want customs, however you will have to do them yourself. it starts out as black and mostly is gloss black, but its higher gage gives it less recoil for use with a left sholder if you realy want a triversal. i've even tryed shooting slugs with my left arm with it. shotgun slugs are powerful muther :confused: if you know what i mean.

your also going to have to find it in the used section seince they are not being sold anymore...

Guest hacksaw61
Home defense shot gun threads are always just a bunch of post telling you to get a Remington 870…. And there is a reason for that.

I doubt this one will be any different. :)

I wasn't aware that there was any other shotgun on the market. :confused:

Pump-action is a much more ambidextrous system... I've never laid eyes on a lefty semi-auto scatter-gun. The problem with the lefty 870 Express and installing a shorter barrel, is that I am pretty sure that the barrels between LH & RH models don't interchange.

I've fired plenty of Mossburg pump-guns, and the Benelli M1 Tactical I used to own, left-handed... had no problems whatsoever.

Guest Rooster
Pump-action is a much more ambidextrous system... I've never laid eyes on a lefty semi-auto scatter-gun. The problem with the lefty 870 Express and installing a shorter barrel, is that I am pretty sure that the barrels between LH & RH models don't interchange.

I've fired plenty of Mossburg pump-guns, and the Benelli M1 Tactical I used to own, left-handed... had no problems whatsoever.

Right Handed people SUCK!!

JK.;)

Guest Rooster

Well I stopped by Franklin Gun Shop on the way home from work last Friday. They actually had 3 auto lefthanded models there. I think they were all Bennelli. All three also had a very hefty price tag. If I remember they were somewhere between 1300 and 1700. So needless to say I ended up buying a Pump. I picked up a Bennelli Super Nova. Its not left handed but as others stated before it is very managable being a pump and shooting lefty.

It was rather funny that I was in the middle of filling out the paperwork for the gun, my buddy called me and told me he was going to shoot skeet that very afternoon. So along with the gun I bought shells and went directly to the middle of nowhere and gave it a good workout. It shot great!

Guest Terry J

Have yall looked at the new winchester super x3? I need a new one myself. Im getting tires of lugging around my remington model 1100 for dove and squirrel. There kinda pricey till you hold one. The local gun shop has them for 900. I think thats gonna be my next one.

Guest Ross Mccathren

Question

i own a smooth barrel shotgun and i just had to ask this question for anyone with any idea if this is or is not abad idea to Procure a slug scope for hunting during slug season in the near future.

i know its intended for rifled barrels but i dont actualy see how this would absolutly limit scope mounting to such tipe shotguns.

i alredy have a mount for the one i am planning on getting but my parents arent convinced that i even need it, however seeing sceinc i was planning on machineing my own rings and this is my last semester at college and if i don't get the tolerances exact on the CNC program it obvious they wont work the way i want them to if i do it the other way around.