Can we just have a thread to talk?

Since we don't have the chat room, we talk within the threads and drift them all over. Tonight one got locked up because of it. PMs are not friendly to a bunch of folks discussing shooting or hunting or general bull sessions.

I have noted that when a topic goes drifting a lot of good info comes out in them. Some funny, some very informative.

What are we to do?

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate those threads. They add nothing of value, aren't searchable, post counts start to be irrelevant, they hog space, they tend to be cliquish, and they are generally annoying. If you really want something like that maybe a chat feature could be an option. I say that without knowing the hosting issues that might create.;)

post counts start to be irrelevant,

Seriously, in what way are post counts relevant anyway?

If someone like Canyn has 18,000 posts does that give him more credibility?

And if some noob has 4 posts does that make what he has to say a bunch of BS?

I like RW's idea.

As for puppies, rainbows, unicorns and the like I think you all need to go to

www.iamgayashell.com

Not that there is anything wrong with that

Seriously, in what way are post counts relevant anyway?

If someone like Canyn has 18,000 posts does that give him more credibility?

And if some noob has 4 posts does that make what he has to say a bunch of BS?

Very true.

As for puppies, rainbows, unicorns and the like I think you all need to go to

www.iamgayashell.com

Not that there is anything wrong with that

What's wrong with puppies? ;)

:D

Guest m&pc9

What's wrong with puppies? ;)

They poop and pee in the floor and then they chew everything in site. Other than that they are great.:D

They poop and pee in the floor and then they chew everything in site. Other than that they are great.;)

I say that about covers it.

The old lady went to Cincinnati for the weekend. I thought I would have a couple of days with peace and quiet, beer drinking and scratching. (Okay I am doing the latter.) But this dang puppy of hers is about to drive me up the wall. She whines and cries for attention. Let her out and she is liable to take off after some unknown scent with no regards to my futile attempts telling her to stop. She jumps on my lap smashing my nads at least once every hour. There is no telling what she is getting into unless she is in my immediate eyesight.

She is 100X worse than kids.

But her annoying little fanny is going back in the box in about an hour. I am off to the range to have some Independance Day gun fire.

I find the fact that you even know such a site exists mildly disturbing... ;)

(I didn't click on the link; I don't want cookies from that on my machine!)

Yeah, like you don't already have gay websites in your favorite places.

So this is thread drift? I may have been wrong in my request!

NOT...

Post counts? Does the number of words per post count to? It means something in someone's world. Better hope David never fixes the site again, numbers may slip and go boom.

Searchable? Again, its a thread where we don't have to essentially stay on a topic. A "Wall" if you will so we can just say, hey, that ammo sucked but it was a nice day to shoot and it leads us to info on great weather sites.

Some creative and free floating thinking.....or is that a bad thing.

Guest eyebedam
I hate those threads. They add nothing of value, aren't searchable, post counts start to be irrelevant, they hog space, they tend to be cliquish, and they are generally annoying. If you really want something like that maybe a chat feature could be an option. I say that without knowing the hosting issues that might create.:D

Always so negative... Just like an Ex wife....;)

Monkeys

Pens

Wallpaper

1960 Les Paul (Sweeeeeeeeeet)

Mosquitoes

Jar Jar binks

Longbow

Drugs

Screwdriver

Coaster

Map

Invisible tape

My Love

Kids in Texas

Glucosamine

Venture Brothers

P-51

Fuji

Cheese Cake

Soft toilet paper

3 day survival kit

Did I say 1960 Les Paul (Sweeeeeeeeeet)

""AND OXY CLEAN""

Guest Bronker

Why do you PARK in a driveway, but DRIVE on the parkway?

And why do they call it 'taking' a dump, when you're actually leaving something behind and not taking anything at all?

Lastly, did you know that the human appendix is the only body organ / structure with no physiological purpose whatsoever? Well except for the OP, where you'd add the brain to that list as well.

Guest Bronker
I may perform self surgery and whack you with that vestigial organ since mine is obviously bigger than yours!

Like my avatar? :love:

Sarcasm. It's a gift.