How do you edit thread title?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is what I did and it changes the title in the thread but when I enter the forum "Firearms For Sale or Trade" it still shows the original thread title. If you look at the post the thread title is changed. So, why are some on the forum page edited to say "sold" or "SPF" or whatever, they had to change it from the forum level not the thread level.

I guess I am going to have to increase the clutter. Instead of changing my original thread title from wanting to trade to wanting to sell, I will just have to close that thread and make a new one. I wanted to cut down on the clutter but doesn't look like that is going to happen. :confused:

I hate to be a pain but I still don't get it. If I go into edit and then go into advanced edit I can change the title but it only changes the title that is inside the post not the one in the forum listing. In other words, If I look at the the list of things for sale mine still says WTT but if you click on it the title says WTS. Can this be changed or is that something you must have admin privileges to do? If I can change it I don't see it. The only editable box is in advanced and I already changed that one.

• Administrator
Edit the first post in the thread. Change the title there.

This info is wrong. I just tested and confirmed that for a user w/o moderator abilities, this doesn't work. Odd.

If you want the thread title changed, let me know what you want it changed to. In the meantime I'll be trying to fix that.

• Administrator
This info is wrong. I just tested and confirmed that for a user w/o moderator abilities, this doesn't work. Odd.

If you want the thread title changed, let me know what you want it changed to. In the meantime I'll be trying to fix that.

Ok, it now works as I described in post #2.