RESTAURANTS THAT HAVE NOT OR WILL NOT POST - (After orginal law Change)

ADAPT AS YOU SEE FIT:

20 July 2009

Peter Demos

Demos’ Restaurant

1115 Northwest Broad Street

Murfreesboro, TN 37129

Re: Handgun Ban

Dear Mr. Demos,

It is with regret that I write this letter. I have long enjoyed your family’s great restaurants.

I am a 41-year-old, self-employed attorney and father of two. I make a comfortable living for my family and we dine out very often. I am also a local elected official, currently serving my third term on the Board of Mayor and Aldermen in Franklin, Tennessee. I also coach and sponsor little league baseball and football teams, and do other volunteer work in the community. I have never been arrested or charged with any crime. For the last fifteen years, I have been a handgun permit holder, and I have carried a handgun every day everywhere it is legal to do so.

Your decision to ban handguns from your restaurants is, of course, your decision to make, and I trust you must have your reasons to do so. This, however, will result in me not patronizing your restaurants so long as you maintain this ban. Most of the quarter million handgun permit holders in Tennessee likely will feel the same way, and we are a very passionate and committed bunch of people. Your restaurant has already been posted as banning handguns on numerous websites frequented by handgun permit holders. Those same websites are disseminating the name and location of restaurants that do not post, as well.

As handgun permit holders are by and large exceedingly inclined to obey the law, it is unlikely you will have any permit holders violate your posted ban, we simply won’t come to your restaurants. Despite the hyperbole and hysteria disseminated in the media, so far, I have not personally encountered a single restaurant that has posted a ban, I have only read about restaurants that have posted or plan to post a ban.

I wish you well in your endeavors and invite you to reconsider your position. If you would like to discuss this matter with me, you can contact me at your convenience.

Sincerely yours,

Edited by redstategunnut
Guest HexHead

Fujiyama

Annex Ave

(West) Nashville

No sign posted at door when I had lunch there today.

They still have the old sign hanging at the counter where you pay so you can see it when you walk in. But HCP holders are exempt from that sign now. ;)

Guest ScottD

Toot's

Sam Ridley

Smyrna

Not Posted (That I saw, it was tough to see on a quick glance because of all the things they have on their door)

Guest HexHead

Pizza Perfect

Crofton Ave

Bellevue

Drove by today, no sign by door.

This one kind of surprised me. They have three rooms set up as game rooms with video games etc and are always packed with kids after soccer games, little league, etc. According to the CA database, there are 962 permit holders in Bellevue. I bet a lot of them are parents. :D

Guest benchpresspower

Chilis

Old Hickory Blvd

Hermitage TN

No postings.

Is it just me or does it seem that the more "chain" restaurants are not posting?

Guest HexHead

Is it just me or does it seem that the more "chain" restaurants are not posting?

I'm sure their experiences in the other 30 something states that have allowed this preempts the hysteria raised by the local media here.

Guest redbarron06
Toot's

Sam Ridley

Smyrna

Not Posted (That I saw, it was tough to see on a quick glance because of all the things they have on their door)

Did you happen to see if Razz's posted. They have great food and I have never had to wait to get in.

Name: Logan's Roadhouse

Address: Vann Drive

City: Jackson, TN

Details: No posting. Spoke with the manager on duty. Was not aware of change in the law. See more in this post http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/handgun-carry-self-defense/23924-discussion-posted-restaurants-2.html#post321325

I ate there Sat and didn't notice any signage upon entering. Also that's Carriage House not Vann drive :P

Haven't gone by but on TV a few weeks ago Sparky's out by the ballpark wasnt posting

yeap...neelys is good.but corkeys is better

I always here Corkeys is the best, our here closed and see why. I think our local joint called Backyard BarBQ beats corkeys, Brookies Barn used to be hard to beat

I ate there Sat and didn't notice any signage upon entering. Also that's Carriage House not Vann drive :P

Haven't gone by but on TV a few weeks ago Sparky's out by the ballpark wasnt posting

Fixed....I had been on Vann Drive earlier....:)

Guest redbarron06
I agree, Razz is also a great American success story! That and he is one heck of a nice guy too. :)

Absolutly. He has visited me several times while eating there. He aint afraid to get out and mingle with the customers. To read his story he is truley one to be admired with his dedication to schools in the US and then coming here as an immagrant and finding his call.

Every week while looking for a job I circle back to the restaurants here in Cleveland to double check the job situation, and I haven't sen ANY posted here. :)

Every week while looking for a job I circle back to the restaurants here in Cleveland to double check the job situation, and I haven't sen ANY posted here. :rofl:

I saw this post and a quick thread jack if yall don't mind

Know some of my fellow permit holders are out there looking so figured give yall some info for those who didn't see the news. oh and I didn't paste the whole email from the Chamber of Commerce on the important stuff

JACKSON WELCOMES CARLISLE TIRE & WHEEL

Jackson, Tenn., (July 20, 2009) - Team Madison County is pleased to announce that Carlisle Tire & Wheel, a subsidiary of Carlisle Companies (NYSE:CSL) will establish a division in Jackson, Tenn.

The company, headquartered in Aiken, SC, manufactures tires, inner tubes, and wheels for agriculture, all terrain vehicles, golf, industry, lawn and garden, and trailer markets. Carlisle Tire & Wheel will purchase the Whirlpool facility; a decision that will create

400-plus jobs. Carlisle Tire and Wheel began as a company in 1917 as a manufacturer of automotive tire inner tubes. The company survived the Great Depression and World War Two and experienced strong growth in the post war period through a....

For more information about Carlisle Tire & Wheel, visit www.carlisletire.com. To apply for employment, contact the Tennessee Career Center, 362 Carriage House Dr., (731) 668-2040.

I saw this post and a quick thread jack if yall don't mind

Know some of my fellow permit holders are out there looking so figured give yall some info for those who didn't see the news. oh and I didn't paste the whole email from the Chamber of Commerce on the important stuff

JACKSON WELCOMES CARLISLE TIRE & WHEEL

Jackson, Tenn., (July 20, 2009) - Team Madison County is pleased to announce that Carlisle Tire & Wheel, a subsidiary of Carlisle Companies (NYSE:CSL) will establish a division in Jackson, Tenn.

The company, headquartered in Aiken, SC, manufactures tires, inner tubes, and wheels for agriculture, all terrain vehicles, golf, industry, lawn and garden, and trailer markets. Carlisle Tire & Wheel will purchase the Whirlpool facility; a decision that will create

400-plus jobs. Carlisle Tire and Wheel began as a company in 1917 as a manufacturer of automotive tire inner tubes. The company survived the Great Depression and World War Two and experienced strong growth in the post war period through a....

For more information about Carlisle Tire & Wheel, visit www.carlisletire.com. To apply for employment, contact the Tennessee Career Center, 362 Carriage House Dr., (731) 668-2040.

Cool! Thanks! :)

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.......:(

Guest Seminole

Jim & Nick's Barbecue, Germantown Rd., Cordova

Garibaldi's Pizza, Walker Ave., Memphis (U of M)

Ate at both places last week, saw no signs prohibiting carry at either establishment. Oddly, I also witnessed no incidents of mass murder and mayhem either. . . .

Guest redbarron06
Saw in the paper today that the restaurant association was expecting 80% of restaurants to post. I think they are being overly optimistic.

Very much so. I went door to door on every place that serves in the rivergate area (with a drive way on Gallitan road) from Home depot up to the country line and I found it was more like 10%. Outback and BWW were the only 2 out of at least 20 that posted. They did not even post IAW state law so "legaly" they arnt posted either.