LOCAL PARKS WHERE AN OFFICIAL DECISION HAS BEEN MADE

Name of Park: All county parks

County: Decatur County

Results of vote: Carry Allowed

I work with one of the county commissioners who is a HCP holder and a very strong support of the 2A. He was out of town last week and missed this months meeting, but he informed me today the county commisioners introduced a resolution to opt out and approved it. Apparently this wasn't even really planned ahead of time, as far as I know, there was no real public input on it, other than a one commissioner said he had a got a few calls about it (against carry). But there was no one there to speak for it.

EDIT: County Commissioners repleaed previous resolution. Carry now allowed. Vote 16-1. Many stated they weren't really sure what they were voting on last time. Apparently residents called and made a big enough stink to make them reconsider. :rolleyes:

Edited by Fallguy
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest flyinglowwithheat

Here's an idea...how about a TGO map on googlemaps that we could put parks, no carry, ranges, gun shops, etc...

Kind of like what this dude did:

Metallisteve

Hunter of Trolls

us_picm.gif us_profile.gif us_noblog.gifus_albums.gif us_friends.gif

1,591 posts, read 883,316 times

reputation_green.gifreputation_green.gifreputation_green.gifreputation_green.gifreputation_green.gifreputation_green.gifreputation_green.gifreputation_green.gifreputation_greenh.gifreputation_greenh.gifreputation_greenh.gifreputation_greenh.gifreputation_greenh.gif

icon2.gifShooting Ranges Near Charlotte: Map Enclosed

I finally brought an idea that's been in my mind for a while now to fruition. Since I like to dabble in Google Map creation, I made a map showing all the known gun ranges near Charlotte...at least, all the ones known to me or that I could find through the interwebs. The idea is to show all ranges within a reasonable drive (around 2 hours) from Charlotte.

Here's the link: Click Here

So far, it's primarily only places that offer a range to shoot. I plan on also adding just straight up gun shops as well (without ranges) since there are a number of those around too.

I'm sure this map is incomplete, so if you know of any others that need to be on here, list it here or message me with it. Provide the name and all known information about it including an exact location...and hopefully a website. The goal is to provide a map that people can click on places and get instant info on how to shoot at a place, so websites, phone numbers, and even email addresses are needed to make the info worthwhile...regardless of whether it's public or members only.

I know there have been some other attempts at making a map like this on some other gun forums (and maybe even this forum, can't remember)...but none of them came close to offering any useful UP TO DATE information for Charlotte-area shooters. Since our fine region of the country seems to be slightly "shooting range challenged," this map should prove to be useful for those of us who just want to spend a Saturday afternoon putting lead down range!

Guest jcramin

City of Bartlett TN

Resolution 26-09, a resolution to prohibit handguns in public municipal parks, natural areas, historic parks, nature trails, campgrounds, forests, greenways, waterways, or other similar public places.

Resolution was DROPPED due to lack of support

Name of Park: All county parks

County: Decatur County

Results of vote: Carry Allowed

I work with one of the county commissioners who is a HCP holder and a very strong support of the 2A. He was out of town last week and missed this months meeting, but he informed me today the county commisioners introduced a resolution to opt out and approved it. Apparently this wasn't even really planned ahead of time, as far as I know, there was no real public input on it, other than a one commissioner said he had a got a few calls about it (against carry). But there was no one there to speak for it.

EDIT: County Commissioners repleaed previous resolution. Carry now allowed. Vote 16-1. Many stated they weren't really sure what they were voting on last time. Apparently residents called and made a big enough stink to make them reconsider. :)

Decatur county changes mind....carry allowed.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest TnRebel
Kingsport city parks will remain open to carry. Kingsport officials announced that they will not be taking up a resolution to opt-out, choosing instead to follow state law - over the objections of the police chief, Gale Osborne.

What about Bristol Tn ( Steels Creek Park ) ?

Guest Bonedaddy

It seems that all the cities and counties that have the highest crime rates and threats to our safety can't afford to loose the gangsta contribution dollars and once again snubbed the law abiding citizen. And the ones claiming liability issues-Dang!-don't they know they just increased their liability by making it safe for the criminal element as well as losing budget revenue from decreased patronage?

I'm a little late to this, but I'll make it official if there is any question...

Name of Park: All

Address: All

City or County: Bristol, TN in Sullivan County

Results of vote: Ban on firearms in city parks.

City Council Meeting

July 7, 2009

Page 7 of 11

C. Resolutions:

1. Resolution 09-69 - A Resolution Prohibiting the Possession of Handguns in Municipal Parks.

City Manager Broughton reviewed this Resolution, which prohibits the possession of handguns in City parks. The City has prohibited firearms in municipal parks for many years, but recent State legislation requires the City to adopt a new resolution to specifically prohibit people who are authorized to carry handguns from possessing them in public parks. Without this resolution, holders of state issued handgun permits will be allowed to carry handguns in City parks beginning September 1st. The new law also requires the prohibition be posted, and does not affect on-duty authorized law enforcement personnel. City Attorney Jack Hyder defined “possession†legally. Mayor Testa invited comments from the public.

Greg Carrier, 5 Kingsbridge, spoke against the resolution and feels it has been proven by State statistics that permit carriers are not the problem gun-carriers. He also reminded Council that the right to bear arms is provided by the Constitution.

Councilman Shumaker moved to approve the Resolution, and Vice Mayor Feierabend seconded. Councilman Staton spoke against the Resolution and stated it denies a person the legal right to carry a gun which is a right specifically granted by the second amendment to the Constitution. Shumaker discussed gun ownership and his belief that handguns are designed for a human being to kill and/or seriously maim another human being and that Council should continue to prohibit guns in parks. Councilman Messimer also spoke against the resolution and supported Councilman Staton’s remarks.

The Resolution passed by the following roll call vote:

Councilman Shumaker Yes

Councilman Messimer No

Mayor Testa Yes

Vice Mayor Feierabend Yes

Councilman Staton No

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...