Ladys handbag for carry

That is my Rock Island Armory 1911A1 compact. No, I haven't heard of Esmeralda, but those are some beautiful grips you have on your Springfield! :D Is she local or is this someone on the web? I like to see more of her work!
Nice, Ladies! PackinMama, those grips are beautiful! I searched and found www.esmeralda.cc and will look because I have a full size Rock Island needing grips...

Yep, that's her! She does some absolutely amazing work!!! Thanks for the compliments, but Esmeralda really deserves the credit. :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SweetSue

I bought a shirt at a gun show that has a built-in holster in it. Very nice. I too have the,' carry purse' but it is really to big,so don't use it much. When I do use it,I wear the strap,across my body.

The common wisdom is that carry purses are a bad idea. Purses get snatched, and if losing your wallet isn't bad enough, now you've lost a gun too.
Its a bad idea to carry off body, I know women have a hard time due to body structure. My wife made her own rig. If at all possible do not carry off body. There are legal problems and just plain old negligence involved.

I agree 100% and I strongly urge all of our female HCP students to avoid purse carry.

The obvious reason is that if the purse is stolen, the snatcher is now armed. But another and IMO more important reason is that purse carry gives women a false sense of security. Yes, they have a gun but it's not somewhere that they can quickly and firmly access it in an emergency.

As has been stated, it's much tougher for women, but worth the trouble. The place for a gun is ON YOUR PERSON. Ladies, find a way to make it happen.

Guest SweetSue

purse carry gives women a false sense of security. Yes, they have a gun but it's not somewhere that they can quickly and firmly access it in an emergency.

Not true. It is just as easy to pull as if it was on my waist in a holster,maybe even easier. The correct way to wear the purse is strap across the body ,hand in pocket where gun is or pocket part open,easy to get to. The gun pocket is on the body side of the purse.

• 1 month later...
Guest blackbeltchick

The purse I bought back in July (that I was so happy with) is already ripping from the weight of the 1911 I carry. DARN! I don't understand, if it's made to carry a gun, made out of real leather, than why isn't it holding up? I don't carry much at all in the purse, so if the 1911 isn't in there, the purse almost fills empty. I quess I'll have to pay more than $40.00 next time. :rolleyes:

Guest nokomom

Mine is always strapped on my body somewhere but I have considered a purse for going to the Orpheum and "dress up" type events.

Although I am against everyday purse carry, I just have not found a good way to conceal on body for dressy situations unless I wear a suit and jacket. I attended a funeral today in a sketchy part of Memphis and had to leave my firearm in the car because there was no way to wear my gun without major printing issues.

Mine is always strapped on my body somewhere but I have considered a purse for going to the Orpheum and "dress up" type events.

Although I am against everyday purse carry, I just have not found a good way to conceal on body for dressy situations unless I wear a suit and jacket. I attended a funeral today in a sketchy part of Memphis and had to leave my firearm in the car because there was no way to wear my gun without major printing issues.

For occasions like this, or any time that you have to "dress up," you might want to consider a belly band type carry rig. They can be worn against your bare skin under anything, high or low. They can even be found in a light beige skin color instead of black. I'd recommend a 4" wide one (with a lightweight gun)....they're more comfortable than the 5" or 6" varieties.

Another thing that might help is to have a very small & slim gun, just for deep concealment purposes (can also double as a BUG). Something along the lines of a Ruger LCP or a Kel-Tec .380. Personally, I really don't like anything smaller than a .38, but I'd take a .380 (or even a .22 for that matter) over nothing anyday.

Now if you combine the small & thin .380 with a belly band (especially a beige 4" wide one)......there would be no printing and no one would ever know you're packin' :up:

Guest canebreaker

Flutterby will carry. From home to parking garage to office. From office to parking garage to home. I hope her boss doesn't piss her anymore than what his is doing now. Because he's being an A-- h---! Oh, I could use a new anchor

Guest dizzielizzie

I agree - I don't care much for the flap. I'd personally be too tempted to wipe my hands with it all day (instead of reaching for a paper towel) and ruin a $100 skirt.

But thumbs up for the idea! It's a step in the right direction for the severely under-tapped ladies market.

I cannot carry on my person most of the time so I carry this: Gun Purse 7082. I didn't buy it at this site because it was too expensive but it does show more pictures of the purse than other sites. I paid $40 several months ago at a site that appears to no longer exist. But I see this site Concealed Weapon Purses has the 7082 at a comparable price.

I really like this purse. It is tough leather and has lots of compartments and zippers. The gun compartment is on the side and very handy. The strap is adjustable and will definitely go around the body nicely allowing access to the compartment. I can fit my .45cal, 9mm, or either of my two .380's securely. Mine is brown but I am seriously thinking about getting the same purse in black.

And here are some more ideas: http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/handgun-carry-self-defense/29472-man-purse.html ;)