JULY 14th - ***KNOXVILLE***

Will you be attending the July 14th event?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be attending the July 14th event?

• Yes I will be attending
    • I maybe attending

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest m&pc9

I had a good time. And glad to meet everyone. I will go shoot sometime in the near future.

I was hard to go to Hooters and not have a draft beer,But I made it.

as others have posted, a real good time. great to meet the guys and gals. good to talk "shop" and get to know everyone. i will plan to go shooting with the bunch next time out. i'm anxious to go to Norris now. cheap cheap and I like cheap. i'm still curious about that big boy at the first table as we entered, i think he was the "hired gun", he looked, how should i say, placed there. oh well, guess we aren't so bad after all!!

Yeah, great to finally put faces with a few more TGO screen names...good company all around. Hot chicks, including a couple seated at our own table, hey hey!, haven't been to a Hooters in years, burp.

Hey, Ron, no picture, poo!

So if they don't post Knoxville parks, I guess we should meet Sept. 1, all open carrying at the swing sets, eh? Ummm, Nah. :screwy:

- OS

Wish I could have joined you all. I'm in the bayou country of Louisiana tonight and Knoxville was just too far to drive. I was thinking about you though while I ate a huge platter of oysters, boiled shrimp, and crawfish. The sacrifices I have to endure just to make a living.

Anybody else see this story this morning?

Restaurants have mixed reactions over new gun - alcohol law

Hooters, which had a fatal shooting in its parking lot in 2007, says a sign will be posted on the door soon.

Granted, they were referring to the Kingston Pike Hooters, but I imagine if one posts, the other will as well. Sort of ironic after the good time we all had, don't ya' think? :D

you gotta wonder why they did not post last night?

How freaking hard is it to put up a sign that says NO GUNS ALLOWED?

It is very dissapointing.

What do you think our table spent last night? I would guess near 250 to 300 dollars, maybe more ??. Our waitress easily made 50 bucks or more.

I am going to get a phone number and call to speak to the manager.

Edited by Mike.357
you gotta wonder why they did not post last night?

How freaking hard is it to put up a sign that says NO GUNS ALLOWED?

It is very dissapointing.

What do you think our table spent last night? I would guess near 250 to 300 dollars, maybe more ??. Our waitress easily made 50 bucks or more.

I am going to get a phone number and call to speak to the manager.

I would hold off on that and wait to see what actually transpires. It's entirely possible that this is all just empty rhetoric right now as various businesses attempt to pander to the vocal crybabies. Once the furor dies down and there are no dead children in the streets, all of these places that say they are "going to post" may actually "forget" to do so...
Guest Gun Geek
Anybody else see this story this morning?

Restaurants have mixed reactions over new gun - alcohol law

Granted, they were referring to the Kingston Pike Hooters, but I imagine if one posts, the other will as well. Sort of ironic after the good time we all had, don't ya' think? :P

Calhouns management said they won't ban guns.

Whaaa I thought they were strong no gun ppls.

Oh yeah wish I could have gone. But work prevailed.

i will defer to your intuition. But if they post it is on you to find us another palce to eat wings and look at boobi..., errr sports on TV
Well hell, if that's your criteria, we can do that at my place! I've got a steady stream of...umm...sports coming through there! :sadwave:

I didn't look at any boobie last night....except for the time the waitress came over to take my order, and the time she refilled my drink, and when she and her friends brought out food, and I didn't notice the car wash going on, and.....:devil:

As it turns out, we were either duped last night or I saw just lied to on the telephone.

Jason and I spoke earlier today. He goes to that Hooters often. He saw a sign posting TN code about no guns. It was on a side board once you enter the building.

I just got off the phone with a manager there. He verified to me that the posting was in place a week ago. When I went in last night I searched high and low, saw no signage.

At any rate I epxlained my (our) position on this. I got the impression that personally he did not care either way, only that this signage came from their corporate office. I explained how much money we spent last night, he was appreciative. I also explained how that would never happen again from our group.

I also told him I felt that we were being set up for a fall with the manner of posting and that if they felt the need to post it ought to be prominent on the front door. Again he said "corporate decisions"

Anyway I am calling their corporate HQ tomorrow during business hours. I encourage all of you to do the same.

The number is 502-499-9991. I encourage you to mention how much you spent there, the idiocy behind banning legal and lawful HCP holders, and if that fails, to put the sign where it can be seen.

I am pissed, I really feel like they took advantage of us.

As it turns out, we were either duped last night or I saw just lied to on the telephone.

Jason and I spoke earlier today. He goes to that Hooters often. He saw a sign posting TN code about no guns. It was on a side board once you enter the building.

I just got off the phone with a manager there. He verified to me that the posting was in place a week ago. When I went in last night I searched high and low, saw no signage.

At any rate I epxlained my (our) position on this. I got the impression that personally he did not care either way, only that this signage came from their corporate office. I explained how much money we spent last night, he was appreciative. I also explained how that would never happen again from our group.

I also told him I felt that we were being set up for a fall with the manner of posting and that if they felt the need to post it ought to be prominent on the front door. Again he said "corporate decisions"

Anyway I am calling their corporate HQ tomorrow during business hours. I encourage all of you to do the same.

The number is 502-499-9991. I encourage you to mention how much you spent there, the idiocy behind banning legal and lawful HCP holders, and if that fails, to put the sign where it can be seen.

I am pissed, I really feel like they took advantage of us.

I can read it now: "Local forum group carries into restaurant with posted no guns allowed sign, ignored signs and strolled in anyway." That is a pisser, I never saw the sign either, one would think posting would be on the front door not the side where few people ever look.

Sounds to me that it wasn't conspicuous enough. Making it an improper sign. :chill:

I'll say ... if 8 of us missed it.

Pretty ironic, though, if it was there, celebrating the new statute in a place that's attempting to not honor it.

Btw, that bouncer guy looked waaay past prime to me...I think if you just danced around for a minute or two, he'd keel over.

- OS

Guest SUNTZU
I'll say ... if 8 of us missed it.

Pretty ironic, though, if it was there, celebrating the new statute in a place that's attempting to not honor it.

Btw, that bouncer guy looked waaay past prime to me...I think if you just danced around for a minute or two, he'd keel over.

- OS

For some reason, I pictured you clogging. In other news, maybe they can make it into a pin that the waitresses can wear. Seriously, by the time your at the door, your looking at the hostess.