any body seen this site?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest redbarron06
Any FDIC insured Bank or Credit Union
Where is that in the law? I have not seen it in TCA.
All state owned & operated building in Tennessee, Including All Rest Areas
If I am not mistaken there is a exception for rest areas and weigh stations.
All government buildings - including post offices (State and Government buildings DO NOT HAVE TO POST SIGNS)
Since when do the state buildings not have to post? The only buildings I have ever been in that was posted correctly were state buildings.
Schools - However, concealed weapons are allowed to be kept in vehicles in school parking lots by non-students and may be carried by adults in a vehicle while dropping off or picking children up from school.
Well not exactally. It is allowed to be there only when dropping off or picking up. The law does not make an exception for leaving it in the car when you go in for a Parent Teacher conference or the school dance. The law also does not allow students or teachers to leave it in the care while attending class.
Public buildings with metal detectors
Never heard of that one before.
Anywhere prohibited carry signs are posted
IAW with TCA
Court Houses
wouldnt that be a government building? And I think it only applies if it is a federal court house. Otherwise it has to be posted.

I think the guy has good intentions but he is putting out inncorrect information.

TCA 13-17-1309

...© (1) It is an offense for any person to possess or carry, whether openly or concealed, any firearm, not used solely for instructional or school-sanctioned ceremonial purposes, in any public or private school building or bus, on any public or private school campus, grounds, recreation area, athletic field or any other property owned, used or operated by any board of education, school, college or university board of trustees, regents or directors for the administration of any public or private educational institution. It is not an offense under this subsection © for a non-student adult to possess a firearm, if the firearm is contained within a private vehicle operated by the adult and is not handled by the adult, or by any other person acting with the expressed or implied consent of the adult, while the vehicle is on school property.

39-17-1310 speaks to defenses to a charge of carrying on school grounds. This is where the "picking up and dropping off" language is used. Does 1310 modify 1309 to mean that the only reason a person with a firearm could be on campus is to drop off and pick up?

Edited by mrmoetn
Guest redbarron06
39-17-1310 speaks to defenses to a charge of carrying on school grounds. This is where the "picking up and dropping off" language is used. Does 1310 modify 1309 to mean that the only reason a person with a firearm could be on campus is to drop off and pick up?

The way I read it (and I am not a lawyer) is that you can not be with violating 39-19-1309 if you fall under the reasons listed in 1310

Now the question I have is what is the difference between this:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD rowSpan=5></TD><TD colSpan=3 height=12></TD><TD rowSpan=5></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>(:P (1) It is an offense for any person to possess or carry, whether openly or concealed, with the intent to go armed, any firearm, explosive, explosive weapon, bowie knife, hawk bill knife, ice pick, dagger, slingshot, leaded cane, switchblade knife, blackjack, knuckles or any other weapon of like kind, not used solely for instructional or school-sanctioned ceremonial purposes, in any public or private school building or bus, on any public or private school campus, grounds, recreation area, athletic field or any other property owned, used or operated by any board of education, school, college or university board of trustees, regents or directors for the administration of any public or private educational institution.

</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3 height=1></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD rowSpan=5></TD><TD colSpan=3 height=12></TD><TD rowSpan=5></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>(2) A violation of this subsection (:) is a Class E felony.

</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3 height=1></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

and this

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD>© (1) It is an offense for any person to possess or carry, whether openly or concealed, any firearm, not used solely for instructional or school-sanctioned ceremonial purposes, in any public or private school building or bus, on any public or private school campus, grounds, recreation area, athletic field or any other property owned, used or operated by any board of education, school, college or university board of trustees, regents or directors for the administration of any public or private educational institution. It is not an offense under this subsection © for a nonstudent adult to possess a firearm, if the firearm is contained within a private vehicle operated by the adult and is not handled by the adult, or by any other person acting with the expressed or implied consent of the adult, while the vehicle is on school property.

</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3 height=1></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD rowSpan=5></TD><TD colSpan=3 height=12></TD><TD rowSpan=5></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>(2) A violation of this subsection © is a Class B misdemeanor.

</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3 height=1></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

What constitutes the intent to go armed? I would consider that as a loaded weapon on the person.
Guest tcampbell

Opry Mills is not properly posted, neither are the waffle houses. Same goes for Rivergate Mall in Goodlesstville, it is not posted at all entrances...including the parking lot.

Guest SUNTZU

American Signature Furniture has a sign that almost looks legal, but it is NOT. The Waffle House on Cedar Bluff has an old rusted sign saying no weapons that has been there since Waffle House was built. Its not legal, either. I eat there once a week and have never had a problem...other than indigestion.

American Signature Furniture has a sign that almost looks legal, but it is NOT. The Waffle House on Cedar Bluff has an old rusted sign saying no weapons that has been there since Waffle House was built. Its not legal, either. I eat there once a week and have never had a problem...other than indigestion.

But when you darken the door to a waffle house you know this is coming.

Darken the door? :P More like eclipse the front entrance.

Yea, I know what you mean. On a side note, stay away from the Mcky D's in Ootelwah. Ate there on Tuesday and was sick until Wed. night. A dog even turned his nose up ate the burger.

The way I read it (and I am not a lawyer) is that you can not be with violating 39-19-1309 if you fall under the reasons listed in 1310

Now the question I have is what is the difference between this:

and this

What constitutes the intent to go armed? I would consider that as a loaded weapon on the person.

I'd agree, I've always interpreted the "intent of going armed" as on my person. I'm not a lawyer either...I know that there's no CLEAR way to write all the laws to suit everyone...but I'd swear they write em to confuse us. I'm a teacher at a private school. The it's really important to me to carry everywhere. I've always used 1309 to support my claim that i could take off and lock in my vehicle in the am and put back on when i leave in the pm. I hope I'm not on shaky ground. But the reality is...that as clear as that reasoning is to me...it could be interpreted and twisted many different ways by different DA's in different jurisdictions or between different prosecuting attorneys.

I'd agree, I've always interpreted the "intent of going armed" as on my person. I'm not a lawyer either...I know that there's no CLEAR way to write all the laws to suit everyone...but I'd swear they write em to confuse us. I'm a teacher at a private school. The it's really important to me to carry everywhere. I've always used 1309 to support my claim that i could take off and lock in my vehicle in the am and put back on when i leave in the pm. I hope I'm not on shaky ground. But the reality is...that as clear as that reasoning is to me...it could be interpreted and twisted many different ways by different DA's in different jurisdictions or between different prosecuting attorneys.

Just make sure it's locked up before hitting school property and not unlocked until after leaving school property, I do it all the time.

Also fella's I didn't have time to post a complete message when I posted the site. It seems there is a petition going around that you sign and it tells all the resturants that you will not spend any money there if they post, that web site was at the top of the form so I assumed (yea I know) that the info was there as well. Sorry.