Ultimate replacement for my old Glock 23

TGO David

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GetoffTheX
I have owned two such pieces of "perfection" in the past. I'm not as opposed to them as it may seem, but I don't foresee owning another in the near future unless something really cool comes out with the Glock name stamped on the side of it. Like.. .a single stack polymer .45ACP of the same height and length of the G23.

If they made that, I'd be all up on it. :taunt:

Tungsten, they do make such an animal....they call it the G-36

:taser:

• Administrator
Tungsten have you had a chance to shoot the v3?

Yep. Shot about 40 rounds through it today before deciding to try and make arrangements to take it home with it. I like it. My grouping wasn't great, but it was at least a grouping with the V3. I just need more time behind the trigger to get used to it.

I've got to say, however, that as soon as my CTAC for the SIG P220 SAO comes in, the P2000 will probably only get carried when I feel that the HK's smaller size would be a better option.

Tungsten, they do make such an animal....they call it the G-36

:taser:

The 36 is single stack? Hmmm. I didn't know that. Now give it ambidextrous controls and I'll give it a closer look. :taunt:

Glocks are getting better. Another 18 years of development and they might be acceptable. :taunt:

Tungsten, I got a chance to play with a P2000 a couple of days ago. Unfortunately not a V3. I like so much about the weapon, but agree that the LEM isn't for me either. Please ship me your V3 for a couple of weeks to see if I like it. :taser:

Guest Steelharp

Glocks have all the ambi controls you need; the trigger works with either hand. From what I understand, if you find yourself in a situation where you really need a reload after 18 rounds, you need waaaaaaaaaaay more than a handgun, anyway.

• Administrator
Glocks have all the ambi controls you need; the trigger works with either hand. From what I understand, if you find yourself in a situation where you really need a reload after 18 rounds, you need waaaaaaaaaaay more than a handgun, anyway.

Yeah but... **** happens, slides get locked back prematurely, mags jam, you get your strong arm injured, etc. I like ambi controls. :taser:

Slight hijack but Verbal Knit....your post on page one of the thread shows the Insight X3. Have you had any issues with it (yet). I bought one for a very shortlived period when I tried to go small with a Para Night Hog and the darn light could only be described as pi$$ poor. Dim white light, laser would track off after shooting and then the darn thing would not keep the battery compartment closed! The plastic housing just felt, looked and acted cheesy! Sent it back and then traded the jamming and FTE Wart Hog for my present carry, Kimber Compact Stainless II and never looked back. Can't attach the TLR-1 to that one but it hangs well on the Taurus PT 24/7 and the Kimber Desert Warrior:)

Just wondering if I got a lemon, although they are all plastic housed not metal like the Streamlights.

Back to HK talk and Tungsten your host. (very nice by the way Tungsten, you may have talked me into one the next time I see some non essential funds).

• Administrator
Back to HK talk and Tungsten your host. (very nice by the way Tungsten, you may have talked me into one the next time I see some non essential funds).

You'd be more than welcome to shoot mine any time you want. I'd really suggest shooting one before buying as -- for some reason -- they definitely feel different to me than a lot of other guns do.

I still really-really like the USP. I know the grip size bothers some people. I have smaller hands than a lot of folks, but guess I got used to the larger wooden factory grips on my Beretta 92, so the USP feels natural to me. If they had the USP full size in 357 SIG, I'd already have one and probably not be looking at the P2000.