I'm a Nuckle draggin red headed yankee step child.

Guest TNHillbilly

Guest TNHillbilly

Since I joined, I POSTED AND SOLD two guns, and then, I found out I can't post anymore until my number of posts is in standing with what someone thinks is what i should be doing based on their or someone else's habits. Fine , then I'm done trying to sell anything.

So now, out of the goodness of my heart, I wish to set free some casings in the "PIF" forum. But it looks like I'm not good enough for that either, to give away free casings.

Thank you sir, can I have another?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

violin.gif

As I'm sure someone more important than myself will say, this isn't Craigslist. This is a forum for discussing firearms, not selling them. The classified section is just a bonus. And there are no post number restrictions on selling things in the classifieds anymore. You have to become a Benefactor.

violin.gif

As I'm sure someone more important than myself will say, this isn't Craigslist. This is a forum for discussing firearms, not selling them. The classified section is just a bonus. And there are no post number restrictions on selling things in the classifieds anymore. You have to become a Benefactor.

+1

:chill:

Guest eyebedam

Why can't I post ads in the Trading Post?

April 18, 2009:

The ability to post new ads in the Trading Post forums is a perk for our Premium Members (Benefactors).

Anyone may browse and buy from these forums and anyone may post an ad in the Want-To-Buy forum but only Benefactors can post ads for goods or services for sale.

Effective immediately, a Benefactor may also market their own personal goods or services (lawn care, tactical keychains, jewelery, t-shirts, bumper stickers, etc.) so long as they are not doing so for a commercial enterprise such as a gun shop.

We have had several people ask if it's okay for them to sell quantity of items that they personally have made. In this economy, we're more than happy to allow our Benefactors the opportunity to use the TGO classifieds as a way to make some extra money.

Please note that we do insist that businesses become Authorized Vendors before they market their goods and services. We will not tolerate any sort of low-brow sneaking-around-the-rules behavior from businesses trying to skirt our policies.

To become a Benefactor, click here. We offer the following membership subscriptions:

• $20.00 for 6-months of access.
  • $35.00 for 1-year of access.

:chill:

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...

Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."--Thomas Paine

On Facebook? Join the TGO group! Also be sure to check out our sister site, USGunOwners.com

Please do not PM me with support issues. Ask for help in the Feedback and Support Forum. Thanks!

Become a benafactor & all your problems will be solved.

This jackass just reminded me... a big thanks to David for creating this great site and all the moderators for helping keep it nice and clean. This is the first forum I've liked enough to actually spend money on. I don't regret it a bit and I'll renew as soon as necessary. :chill:

buk

Guest clsutton21
Since I joined, I POSTED AND SOLD two guns, and then, I found out I can't post anymore until my number of posts is in standing with what someone thinks is what i should be doing based on their or someone else's habits. Fine , then I'm done trying to sell anything.

So now, out of the goodness of my heart, I wish to set free some casings in the "PIF" forum. But it looks like I'm not good enough for that either, to give away free casings.

Thank you sir, can I have another?

"Nuckle" is correctly spelled knuckle. I'm not usually the spelling police...I only do so when I feel irritated.

This jackass just reminded me... a big thanks to David for creating this great site and all the moderators for helping keep it nice and clean. This is the first forum I've liked enough to actually spend money on. I don't regret it a bit and I'll renew as soon as necessary. :hat:

buk

x2

this is the only site that i support.

I'll play devils advocate.... a little. I can understand the change being a little annoying to some of the more casual members. However, on the other hand this is probably not the way to air this kind of grievance and I think the responses prove that.:hat:

Let's see if I can derail this thread. LOL.

Smith, take a close look at your gun in the avitar. Tell me what is wrong with it.

Now back to the topic on hand, This is by far the best site around these parts and if I gotta pay a little to paly alot then so be it.:popcorn:

Guest TNHillbilly

I would say it's overall a nice site, I have no problem with that.

I'm just not real "chatty"/"bloggy", but occasionally come here to look around.

I thought it bizarre that I'm not even allowed to give away for free on the Pay It Forward forum.

Guest GT_Rat

And maybe that could be revisited since we are talking about giving something away and not making anything off of it. But a better way to address that would be to PM TGO David and ask about it. That said, I can understand letting frustration get the better of you and making an abrasive post about whats bugging you. No harm, no foul. Send Dave a PM and he'll either change the policy or let you know why he wants it the way it is.

Or make a donation to the site and be able to do either of the things you want to do as much as you like and support a good cause to boot.

Edited by GT_Rat
added donation option.
And maybe that could be revisited since we are talking about giving something away and not making anything off of it. But a better way to address that would be to PM TGO David and ask about it. That said, I can understand letting frustration get the better of you and making an abrasive post about whats bugging you. No harm, no foul. Send Dave a PM and he'll either change the policy or let you know why he wants it the way it is.

Or make a donation to the site and be able to do either of the things you want to do as much as you like and support a good cause to boot.

Well actually Dave has in his sig not to PM about problems but to post in this forum.

I really don't know about the details of the board software, but I'm not sure there is a way to make an exception for PIF post unless they were in their own sub-forum.

+1 on becoming a benefactor.png

Let's see if I can derail this thread. LOL.

Smith, take a close look at your gun in the avitar. Tell me what is wrong with it.

Now back to the topic on hand, This is by far the best site around these parts and if I gotta pay a little to paly alot then so be it.:confused:

i know, i know!!
Me Me Me (my hand raised) I know.

It was an x-ray that the guy added shell casings to to add color and dimension.... and Eagles really have wings colored like Old Glory! hypocrite! :D

It was an x-ray that the guy added shell casings to to add color and dimension.... and Eagles really have wings colored like Old Glory! hypocrite! :D

Not that it matters but it's not supposed to be "an eagle" it's a representation of our fighting resolve and spirit to get the bastards that tried to take down our great nation.

Now of course this was placed into use before Obama got elected and the way he is going about "saving" our nation it might already be too late.

Odd, because the classified is the reason I came here in the first place... and I'd bet I'm not alone. I'd also guess that the change has meant TGO lost some people as well (possibly offset by incoming fresh faces, but I don't have the stats to review).

Personally - I think it's this change wasn't a smart one - I think the concept of limiting users to force them to pay up is far inferior enticing users to become supporters by ADDING benefits. In this day and age - the classified forum of any site is considered the standard, not an "extra".

Then again - nobody consulted with me :D

And spare me the attitude for having an opinion on this - I'd like to think you people are mature enough to discuss a different opinion without acting like you're TGO's personal defense league...

The Classified System maybe standard on some boards, but it is not the primary purpose of this board. Also it is intended for the active users of the board. A place where those who know each other through interaction on the board, can buy/sell/trade items between themselves.

The posting/time requirements are fairly minimal, if you haven't/can't meet them then I really don't think you are an active member of the board.

As far as becoming a benefactor and being allowed access, at the very least it shows a commitment to the board. I guess for some money is easier to commit than time. So that route was added for those.

But maybe if you would have got the PM's from members who had transactions go bad from new and/or relatively unknown users of the board you might feel slightly different.

It's not like there aren't other avenues to sell firearms if that is your main intention...

Close but so wrong...

Anybody wanna tell him what's really going on?

They're in the gun bass ackwards

HaHa, good try but they aren't backwards. the "points" are supposed to be primers without showing the rim. The problem with the graphic is that the cases are too long and there aren't any bullets.

Now back to the thread.

p99-tm.jpg