Most Comfortable Handgun You've Held?

Guest 3pugguy
I was thinking about that this morning. Aside from how accurate or how many rounds or how the recoil is, what gun have you owned or held that felt light balanced, the right weight, a natural arm, perfect grip angle, trigger position, comfortable finger wrap, etc. Just curious.

Browning Buckmark...but I reckon it's cause it's similiar to a 1911 (for all you 1911 fans out there). And OK, I will admit it - on my short list of things I am saving for is a 1911 - figure I have to have at least one in my lifetime (got to shoot a few GI .45 in my early Navy years).

px4 storm by Beretta. I went into the store to buy something else but as soon as I felt the storm in my hand - i just had to have it.

it felt so good, i picked up the compact version as my carry piece.

plus it's sexy. feels good in the hand. sexy to look at.

Guest logicprevails

The most comfortable was the first 1911 I ever shot. After that, all the other 1911's I have shot, in no particular order.

Guest 3pugguy
The most comfortable was the first 1911 I ever shot. After that, all the other 1911's I have shot, in no particular order.

Is there one you would recommend over another? Seems Kimber is mighty popular.

FN 5.7

Hold one you will see.

Close your eyes and aim. When you do forget what your holding and just feel the fit and weight. Then open your eyes and see where your aiming per what you thought you should be.

Try that with most any other gun and you will find most are not a natural pointer.

yes I understand hand size plays in to the game.

Aside from how accurate or how many rounds or how the recoil is, what gun have you owned or held that felt light balanced, the right weight, a natural arm, perfect grip angle, trigger position, comfortable finger wrap, etc. Just curious.

Edited by JeffsSig
Guest Britestar

In a auto pistol it would be the 1911 commander in a revolver a surprise, Charter Arms Bulldog 44 special, it was a surprise to me anyway but it has been a great gun. I have colt wheel guns as well as smiths but that Charter Arms has been a real surprise/

Guest BigShot

1911 with curved backstrap and Hogue finger grips... THE most comfortable and natural for me just so happened to be most accurate for me also so I have held onto her for 20+ years.

Here's "Painless"...

PAINLESS01.jpg

The last thing I care about is comfort but a Glock 19 with some of the grip removed was nice. But comfort does not matter to me so no big deal.
The one that fits my hand perfectly, naturally and with immediate target acquistion is the Glock 23.

I almost hate to admit it but there you have it. That's what lies in the nightstand drawer.

!

glock 23 hands down

Wow, with the popularity of Glocks in the world I figured there would be a few more responses than just these. Kinda figured most would say some type of 1911. Suprised to hear a Bersa, an FN and a few CZ were in the running as well. Interesting on how we all feel and shoot the same item differently. It attests to us all being different!! :(

Now, I'll have to say with the entire aspect factored in, my Glock19C is the absolute best for me in every catagory. Fit, feel, ballance, recoil managment and accuracy all in one package. It is absolutly the best handgun (for me) out there.

I'll have to say the second in the running is my daily carry, a G26. Perfect concealment and feels great in the hands. Recoil is a little snappy but totally managable for some quick follow up shots. :P

I chose to ignore the 1911's. I have a stainless Kimber Pro Carry II and I adore it. I carried it for the first year I had my permit. Unfortunatly, the compact and sub-compact 1911's are harsher on recoil than my "twice-broken" right wrist can stand. A full size 1911 usually isn't much of a problem but after a 100rds or so, my wrists start to ache....:(

Edited by kwe45919
Wow, with the popularity of Glocks in the world I figured there would be a few more responses than just these. Kinda figured most would say some type of 1911. Suprised to hear a Bersa, an FN and a few CZ were in the running as well. Interesting on how we all feel and shoot the same item differently. It attests to us all being different!! :(

Now, I'll have to say with the entire aspect factored in, my Glock19C is the absolute best for me in every catagory. Fit, feel, ballance, recoil managment and accuracy all in one package. It is absolutly the best handgun (for me) out there.

I'll have to say the second in the running is my daily carry, a G26. Perfect concealment and feels great in the hands. Recoil is a little snappy but totally managable for some quick follow up shots. :P

I chose to ignore the 1911's. I have a stainless Kimber Pro Carry II and I adore it. I carried it for the first year I had my permit. Unfortunatly, the compact and sub-compact 1911's are harsher on recoil than my "twice-broken" right wrist can stand. A full size 1911 usually isn't much of a problem but after a 100rds or so, my wrists start to ache....:)

In truth the Hi-Power, CZ-75, and down the line the, 1911, are considered the best fitting guns ever. Most other makers have been trying to improve and use these as templates ever sense.

The exception is the Glock folks, but there's something wrong with them :( J/K