Took a Force on Force class last weekend

Guest Titan Scout

How did this thread go from "I took a class and here is what I learned" to an armed chair commando analysis of some event in which no one here has direct knowledge?...snip...

Actually, it was more like: "I took a ****ing class, and here is the bad-*** fighting **** that I ****ing learned"

Yeager is irrelevant, truly... He's welcome to the personal successes and failures in his life; but don't try and argue that he is a competent warrior. Too many real soldiers know that he is not, regardless of my opinion or perspective on what I've seen and read. The few things which I have seen directly from him were unwelcome, even before his questionable past was brought up here.

We are all free to be impressed (or not) by whomever we please.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Is this what this site has come to? Name calling, second guessing and sarcastic remarks based on rumor, third or forth hand information, and a grainy internet video from one day in Iraq years ago. "I would have...", "He should have..."

Whoa... hang on just a minute. I take personal offense to the notion that this thread is somehow the distillation of what TGO is or has become. TGO is a place where people can discuss issues related to firearms ownership and the rights thereof.

To have someone single out a particular thread of discussion and question whether IT is the barometer of things here really rubs me the wrong way. I'm thankful that 99.9999% of the discussions we have are polite or at least well intentioned. This one thread hardly pulls down the overall property value of this site!

Furthermore, if what we've become is a place where we can't talk about issues near and dear to us without people getting their feelings hurt in the process... then maybe it's time to just call the whole idea quits and each of us go back to our respective caves and beat the fire out of our inner children for being such mamby pamby whimps that we couldn't take a little criticism.

Man, I'm pretty ticked now. Maybe this just rubbed me the wrong way but it sure felt like a report card on how TGO is doing based on one thread which was based on a character that seems absolutely incapable of escaping controversy. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go fume for a while. :koolaid:

I think this has been a great thread.

Funny thing to me is, TGO members I know from seeing them on this board frequently, basically all see things from one side, and other posters whose names I do not recognize seem to tell another story.

I am sticking with the guys I know.

Pumpkin pie with Cool Whip is your friend. This I know as fact!

PS: Tungsten, no need to go and fume, this place is great. Very quality people here. The ones I have personally met are all top notch people, and I will go out on a limb and give the ones I have not met personally but who post here regularly the benefit of the doubt.

Now don't get me wrong though, I will take the pie over all of you;)

Where is the recipe for that Jack Daniels Chocolate Pie!!!!!

0Down,

We have met, we have had lunch on a couple of occasions. I was personally, to some degree, called on the carpet by Yeager over a choice of shooting styles, if you recall. We discussed it at great length and what I found was that I could do it and would if I needed to. Mr. Yeager was unwilling to budge and basically called me stupid for something that I wanted information on. On the opposite side, Shay has been very helpful even going so far as to post information about some of his competitors. The comments I make about Yeager really have nothing to do with his actions or lack there of in "combat" you are right, we weren't there, and as I stated, unless your life is TRULY on the line, you don't know how you will react.

Sorry you think this site has slipped, maybe since you haven't been around posting in a while you haven't seen that the group has grown to a good size and group of people.

Stick around, I think you will enjoy what you see. Just forget about Yeager.

I too agree with Tungsten on some of the content of the original post. President Ronald Reagan once wrote “I won the nickname the great communicator. But I never thought it was my style that made a difference - it was the content.” The content of the first post was poor. The style was worse. These are my opinions, but had the OP posted more of an informational piece rather than a bad assed piece, we might have taken it a little better.

Tungsten you are right...

Is this what this site has come to? Name calling, second guessing and sarcastic remarks based on rumor, third or forth hand information, and a grainy internet video from one day in Iraq years ago. "I would have...", "He should have..."
should have read

Name calling, second guessing and sarcastic remarks based on rumor, third or forth hand information, and a grainy internet video from one day in Iraq years ago is not what has given this site its popularity or earned the respect of its members.

The point of my thread is that we, as a group, are better than this. The quality of this thread is not indicative of the quality of this board. I misspoke when comparing this thread to the site.

I could care less about James Yeager's experience in Iraq. My post wasn't about him. I was agreeing with hero gear and ramtough. I was criticizing Marswolf when he started name calling.

JD Chocolate is good but Key Lime is superior.

• Administrator

Title: Jack Daniel'S Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie

Yield: 1 Serving

Ingredients

unbaked pie crust

6 eggs

1/8 ts salt

3/4 ts baking soda

1 ts flour

1/4 c brown sugar

1/4 c white sugar

1 ts vanilla

1/4 c Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey

1 1/2 c dark corn syrup

3/4 c pecan pieces

1/4 c semisweet chocolate pieces

Instructions

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Beat eggs. In a separate bowl, combine

salt, baking soda, flour, and sugars. Add to eggs. Beat again and add

vanilla, Jack Daniels, and corn syrup. Beat mixture again and add pecan

pieces and chocolate chips. Throw in a little extra pecans and chocolate

chips. Pour into prepared shell, and put into oven. Now pour yourself

some of the leftover JD into a glass. Sip slowly, while your pie bakes

for 45-50 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and filling is firm.

Guest Rooster

Ingredients

unbaked pie crust

6 eggs

1/8 ts salt

3/4 ts baking soda

1 ts flour

1/4 c brown sugar

1/4 c white sugar

1 ts vanilla

1 5th Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey

1 1/2 c dark corn syrup

3/4 c pecan pieces

Instructions

some of the leftover JD into a glass. Sip slowly,(or shoot quickly) while your pie bakes

This is the way I like to make it.

0Down: Just from reading all the replies, I think most people who posted here don't like Yeager from placing blame on fallen comrades after the day was over; and how he acted as a member here.

And on the pie discussion, I think Rooster's recipe sounds better. :koolaid:

Guest Ramtough47

This will be my last post on this topic,enough has been said already.

I have trained with Tactical Response many times and look forward to giving them more of my money to continue my education in the fighting world.I have always felt i got more than my money worth.

I have also trained with:Tom Givens at RangeMaster,Gabe Suarez,David Blinder,Andy Stanford and felt like i got my money's worth.Funny thing about trainning with all of these folks....Yeager is the one who suggested for me to do that.

I am proud to call Yeager friend as well as several of the instructors under him.Is he controversial,yeah.Does he use bad language,frequently.Is he loud and aggressive,most A type's are.Does he know what he is talking about...very much so.Will he help you...never seen him not help anyone who asked.Is he perfect...far from it,but he is one of the best "teacher's" i have ever been around.

Last but not least i want the members who frequent this forum and have read this topic and are keeping up with it to know this.If you don't like Yeager...that's OK but don't let that be the reason you don't choose Tactical Response for any of your trainning.You will always get your money's worth.

Don't anyone think for a minute that all of the above mentioned Instructors are "well loved" by all.While I,myself,enjoyed each and everyone i am not naive to belive that everyone liked them as much as i did.Yeager is the same.

Now what about this Jack Daniel Pie???:koolaid:

I've had my say about this - except for the pie thing.

But those people who may want to know a bit more might take a look at http://www.defensereview.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=868 that has links to the video and reports. Or google "James Yeager" or "ERSM james yeager" (the latter without the quotation marks). Days of reading and the video takes a few viewings to catch everything, even after reading the incident reports.

The JD goes in the pie? Oh...that's the problem.

You might check with skwirl, though... he's looking for a good place to train and is posting from your employer's IP address block as well.

Tungsten,

I bow before your administrative prowess.:koolaid:

But, back to my origional question. Can you, or another member of this site, suggest a credible, honorable, force-on-force training company within this state or a state that shares the border with Tennessee? I do not have a dog in the "Yeager" fight, I just want to spend my training dollars wisely.

skwirl

JD pie...? Is that the kind that you mix together, put in the oven, sit back with a bottle of Single-barrel, and know that it's done when you're too drunk to tell how long the pie has been in the oven?

Hmmm... that works for beer & bbq, why not pie?

Thanks for the recipe... I like Rooster's adaptation as well!

Ingredients

unbaked pie crust

6 eggs

1/8 ts salt

3/4 ts baking soda

1 ts flour

1/4 c brown sugar

1/4 c white sugar

1 ts vanilla

1/4 c Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey

1 1/2 c dark corn syrup

3/4 c pecan pieces

Instructions

some of the leftover JD into a glass. Sip slowly, while your pie bakes

All I have is a half a 5th of Jack, sugar, vanilla, eggs, salt, and flour; guess I will have to settle for a Jack and coke!

Guest Boomhower

Since this thread has been hi-jacked so much, I doubt this will hurt any.

man..I actually took so long to write something that the server logged me off!!

I've noticed the same thing. Tungsten, I'm guessing a few things have changed, but why the automatic log out in a short amount of time? And where did the "New post" and "Log in screen" go to on the portal (new TGO home) page go?

Guest jackdog

Well I have not been around much lately, But I will give you my 2 cents. For those that don't know me, I'm a battle tested jar head complete with medals. I Have but one complaint with Yeager he is a man that feel apart in combat ( this is not all that uncommon and can and should be excused). But then the POS tried to put the fault on everyone else, including the wounded and dead. To me that is un-excusable. As Far as FOF training, i think it has some good points, but until you face real bullets and see blood and downed comrades you have no idea what you will do. Getting the **** out of dodge is not always the best action. So heres what i know to be a fact. If and when the need arises, I will not hesitate, i will pull the trigger. I think there are few of us on this site that know we are capable to do just that. As far as never posting here again, I find that to be quite sad and I hope you will reconsider that decision. I have spent a great deal of time with and old friend and fellow Marine,who died a very slow and painful death, due to cancer. His last words to me was take a bullet, its a lot better way to leave the world.

Guest Boomhower
There is no automatic log out. Something must be causing that on your end. There is still a login prompt, and a new posts prompt is shown on the TGO Home page as long as you are signed in.

See the screenshot.

Thank you for your guidence O wise one. I fail for a short moment. I guess I'm just used to the old way where it was all on the TGO home page, but now I see the new post tab on the top menu bar once logged in.

As for the log out issue, I'm not sure what happens. Sometimes it does it and sometimes it don't. It's only happen'd 2 or 3 times in the past week, but it seemed to be happening when I was idle for several min. I don't lose internet connection, because during my idle time, I'm surfing the web for information. No big deal, it only takes about 5 sec. to log back in once it's terminated, and I stay on the same page and post I was viewing earlier.....thxs