Deer Processors

What I would like for this thread to be is a place where everyone can share where they get their Deer Meat Processed and how they rate the overall experience.

Please List:

Name

Phone Number (if you have it)

Price Range

and tell your experience using this place good or bad.

This is for people who use a company/individual for hire to process deer meat. Please keep the posts on Topic.

I have never used anyone because I do all my own processing, so I will not be posting any info, just the occasional question, as I am looking for someone to start processing my deer meat. I think everyone could benefit from this.

If this turns out well, we consider making it a sticky.

Edited by memphismason

Yoder Brothers

Outside of Paris, TN

731-642-3333

$54 for "regular cut" last years price

They do most any thing you can think of with the venison, italian sausage, bratworst, salisbury steaks, bologna, hot dogs, you name it! I have always gotten great stuff from them. I highly recommend them, they process hogs and cattle also but during deer season they are usually wrapped up with deer!

Off topic?

Sorry wd-40, for the pm not getting to you in time. I guess I should have done it from my iphone.

I wanted to post this publicly also.

The purpose of this thread is to create a list of recommended Deer Processing places that hunters have used.

I do my own processing but have toyed with the idea of hiring it out, due to the time it takes me to do it, plus my lack of knowledge of doing it correctly.

I have started a new thread called "Processing your own deer meat", and would love to have contributions to that thread so that we all might learn new tips and tricks.

Pleas everyone, if you have used a place and would recommend it, please do. If you have used a place and think we might should steer clear of it, please share that also.

Thanks

I've used Glenn's before and he does a good job, just pricey. Now, just east of Moscow on 57 there is Chamber's...don't have phone number with me, but used him several times last year and was very satisfied. He'll even clean and gut the deer if you don't have time/available location to do so yourself. (actually used that service last year because of time constraints)...all told with steaks, ground and some other items about $75.

Guest Mugster

I used this guy last year. He does a pretty good job. I always dress my deer right where they fall because I like to look over the innards before I decide to eat the thing and I take the sweetmeats for the dog.

B&B Processing

1850 Old Columbia Rd

Lewisburg, TN 37091

(931) 637-1234

Also, there's a decent enough list here for the hunters for the hungry program. As far as I know they all take "for pay" kills. If you can shoot an extra and donate, that would be a good thing.

http://www.tnwfconservation.org/stewardship/17-section-listing/123-hunters-for-the-hungry-processors?tmpl=component&print=1&page=

Edited by Mugster
  • 3 months later...
Guest Rem_700

JR's meat processing

Helenwood,TN Scott,CO

423-627-2482

$50-$75 depending on how you want it cut and size of deer...$75 is to have the whole deer cut up into jerky meat..

I've been useing them for 3 or 4 years now,they have always treated me good and done a good job.

Yoder Brothers

Outside of Paris, TN

731-642-3333

$54 for "regular cut" last years price

They do most any thing you can think of with the venison, italian sausage, bratworst, salisbury steaks, bologna, hot dogs, you name it! I have always gotten great stuff from them. I highly recommend them, they process hogs and cattle also but during deer season they are usually wrapped up with deer!

I have eaten their summer sausage and it was very good. I have a friend that has been using them for years.

John D. Burgener, local Lafayette profile:

Address:2965 Liberty Rd.City:LafayetteState:Tennessee

ZIP:37083Phone:615-666-4426County:MaconManufacturing Firm:Owl Holler

This gentleman does a great job at a fair price. Sorry, I don't have this year's rates available, but I'm sure be glad to tell you if you called.

UPDATE: He is charging $60 to process a deer. Summer Sausage will cost you an additional $5 per stick.

Edited by gregintenn
  • 1 month later...

Maple Bend Deer Processing

Maple Bend Road, Winchester, TN

Phone: (931) 967-4658

County:Franklin

Owner: Corey Walls

The rates vary depending on the services wanted. This is my step brother-in-law. Seeing as he hooked me up with some tenderloin, minute steaks, and lots of hamburger today; I am thinking I should plug his business for anyone local that might need his services.

Edited by BBill_TN
Added Contact Number

W & W Deer Processing & Taxidermy

485 Knight's Church Road

Decherd

(931) 962-2238

Owned & operated by Tony & Beth Wells.

Tony charges $55 for processing, including whatever cuts/burger/sausage you prefer. He als does a 'jerky' cut for $60. Taxidermy rates are reasonble & his mounts are award winning. All meat comes labelled & vacuum sealed. Turnaround time is 4 or 5 days.

I just had a couple of steaks he cut me last night :rolleyes:

We had a good experience with B&B Processing in Lewisburg last weekend. They will take deer donations to Hunters for the Hungry with NO FEE ($20 if you dont field dress it).

I believe they will charge $60 to process it for you if you want to keep the meat. You can also pay to process the deer and take some of the meat and donate the rest if you like.

B&B Processing, 1850 Old Columbia Rd - Lewisburg, TN 37091 - (931) 637-1234

Guest redbarron06

Flowers in Nashville (right outside Briley on Eatons Creek)

They do a good job and quick turn around. Everything is vacuumed packed and they give 4lb of every deer that comes through to hunters for the hungry. They let you know this right up front to so it is no supprise.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest witchdr

Wallace Processing on Hwy 70 just west of Waverly,They do really good work and make the best jerkyand summer sausage you will ever eat.931-296-3323.They also do beautiful taxidermy including tanning hides and make rugs from hides

Yoders bulk processes, you do not get your deer back, they check, and if you got say a 6pt they give you what they would figure it would weigh. I do not have a problem with the bulk processing, but they should weigh your deer, not "guesstimate"

• 9 months later...
Guest adamoxtwo

Don't use Azacz in Ashland City. They "Tenderized all the meat and it was terrible. They ruined every bit of steak I had to include the backstraps. Not to mention my mount last year was terrible. Took forever to get it back and when I did I was extremely disappointed. Will never use them again. Looking for a place in the Clarksville area. Yoder's in the most recommended but also an hour and a half (atleast) away. Any Recommendations??

I overheard somebody the other day that mentioned that they use a place in Millington. Anyone around the area know who that is? I've tried searching the web, but haven't found anything yet.

Southern Meat Market

8050 Us Highway 51 N

Millington , TN 38053

901-872-4264

They are a great meat market. The wife and I go out there once a month and buy steaks and sausages.

During deer season they have some folks rent out the back of their shop to process deer. I have called out to the meat market to inquire about that service before and the person that answered told me that she knew nothing of their pricing or schedule and that I would have to come out and talk to the guys myself.

• 3 months later...

No. I do my own, but a time or two I wanted a proccesor here to do one, they were always too busy. I've heard several complaints on the proccesors here lately, that I will not sujest one. Just look in the Clarksville phone book. There are a couple listed.