Deer Processors

Near Clarksville...

I have had a couple deer processed at a place just passed Hilltop. I didn't know the name, but it's in a workshop behind the guys house. Turn on Palmyra road next to the BP station on 149 at Hilltop. The place is just a mile or so down on the right. I was not unhappy with the job they did. They processed it the way I asked and were pretty fast. The only thing I didn't care for was the amount of blood left in the meat. I guess I am spoiled from doing my own, but I get all the blood out before I package. I wish I had asked them to let my deer hang for a few days to help bleed out. I just thaw and rinse, so no big deal. I will say that their deer breakfast sausage is excellent. I will take a deer back there next season to get more breakfast sausage.

I took my last deer to a place over on HWY 79 (Dover Road) just about a couple miles off 41A. The name of the place is Hunter's Harvest. They do a lot of deer up here and sometimes are full, or that is what I have been told. I got this whole deer done in summer sausage, but I don't have it back yet, so I can't give a good review. I did eat some of their summer sausage last year that a friend gave me and it was very good. They do all kinds of specialty stuff like sausages, jerky and bratwurst. I will update when I get this doe back.

There is another place that I think is called Trail's End, not 100% sure. I believe they do taxidermy and processing. I got a recommendation for them, but haven't tried them. Not even sure where they are, but I believe it is over off 48/13 near the bridge over the Cumberland.

Edited by whiskey
Near Clarksville...

I took my last deer to a place over on HWY 79 (Dover Road) just about a couple miles off 41A. The name of the place is Hunter's Harvest. They do a lot of deer up here and sometimes are full, or that is what I have been told. I got this whole deer done in summer sausage, but I don't have it back yet, so I can't give a good review. I did eat some of their summer sausage last year that a friend gave me and it was very good. They do all kinds of specialty stuff like sausages, jerky and bratwurst. I will update when I get this doe back.

I got back about 40 pounds of smoked summer sausage from Hunter's Harvest. I had cheddar added to half and jalapeños added to the other half. I am extremely happy with the sausage. I cut the sticks down in thirds, wrapped with saran wrap and then foil and froze most of it. I did sample extensively last night and both flavors were well accepted with girls of the house too. I will go back next year. BTW, everyone I had dealings with there were friendly and helpful.

Guest jpuck123

glens in moscow is amazing i cant say enough about them. yes it is just a bit pricey but you get a ton of meat packaged very nicely(burgers wrapped ready to freeze and everything else vaccum packed) also i dont kno if it matters to you guys but everybody out there always remembers my name and i can tell they really appreciate my business that means alot to me. he is also a taxidermist.

Got my deer back from Pedder's on Saturday.

1. He asked for my number but never called when my deer was ready. I checked with him almost two weeks after dropping it off and he tells it's ready.

2. The meat was wrapped in plastic wrap on Styrofoam, I would have preferred it all vacuum sealed.

3. I don't know if most processors label the meat, but it's kind of hard to tell what everything is. This meat isn't labeled.

4. For $60 and his location being close to my hunting grounds, I will probably use him again next year.

Guest adamoxtwo

I used G & S off of exit 89 in Kentucky. They were fast and efficient. Cost me $60 per and was wrapped in Freezer paper, labeled, burger was in the game bags. Had the Jerky wasn't bad just still a little wet from the seasoning. Over all Very good dealings with them would recommend them anytime to anyone. Don't have the Phone Number handy but directions are as followed:

From exit 89 drive toward Clarksville South on 115 (penbrook oak grove road). Turn Left (East) onto Good Hope Cemetery Road until the end (open field will be on your passenger side). You will come to a 90 degree left turn and you will have an option to stay straight into a neighborhood Believe it's the second Drive way on the left. Again great experience and quick turn around every time.

Don's Meat Shop

6410 Hixson Pike

Hixson, TN 37343

423/842-1256

$45 for standard processing. Don charges extra for summer sausage, $10/sausage.

1-2 day turnaround. All cuts vacuum sealed and labeled.

Don's is a Hunters for the Hungry processor.

Deer must be field dressed.

I highly recommend Don's! Wonderful people.

If you are ever out in DeKalb Co. check out:

Sues Taxidermy & Deer Processing

Sue Varney #615-337-9730

$60 and up.

I brought a good sized doe there this past season, and got a taste of all the options, I came in hungry and left full. Got my meat and couldn't be happier. Unfortunately we have been eating the heck out of it and I am trying to save the last of it for when my brother comes to town.

• 3 weeks later...

iI have been using Livingston's outside of Hopkinsville KY they do a fantastic job (not cheap) but if you truly enjoy eating your harvest I highly recommend them. They make all sorts of "extras" also summer sausage,slim jims ect. and everything is cleaned and vacum sealed wonderfully.

Livingstons Custom Meat Processing

hwy 107 Hopkinsville KY

270-269-BEEF

full processing ran 75$ this past season but I usually spend the extra for summer sausage and the like also. They also on the spot cut off your antlers so you can take them with you. or will cape out for an extra charge. WORTH the DRIVE. especially if like me you hunt western KY alot.

• 1 year later...

[quote name='sigbrown1297' timestamp='1353371218' post='848484']
Looking for a processor near Nashville for WHEN get my deer :) I would like to do some summer sausage, and jerky as well.
Much appreciated.
[/quote]

Cant help you with the processor but I just want to point out that attitude has a lot to do with having a successful deer hunt! When you get discouraged, your hunts become miserable, you get tired, you fall asleep, and you leave your stand early. Maintain a positive attitude and you will find yourself seeing a lot more deer.

I get my deer processed at Jeff Kings off Highway 72 in Mississippi. Prices are like $55 for a whole deer. They do everything but link sausage. Happens to be one of the best and he is on my way to my land.

• Like 1

[quote name='sigbrown1297' timestamp='1353371218' post='848484']
Looking for a processor near Nashville for WHEN get my deer :) I would like to do some summer sausage, and jerky as well.
Much appreciated.
[/quote]

C&F Meats might be your best bet. Get off I-65 Franklin and it's down Highway 96.
[b]Address:[/b] 5247 Murfreesboro Road, College Grove, TN 37046
[b]Phone:[/b] (615) 395-4819
http://candfmeat.com/index.html

I'm not sure about their prices. I would call first.

[quote name='FJCrusing' timestamp='1353682203' post='849752']
C&F Meats might be your best bet. Get off I-65 Franklin and it's down Highway 96.
[b]Address:[/b] 5247 Murfreesboro Road, College Grove, TN 37046
[b]Phone:[/b] (615) 395-4819
[url="http://candfmeat.com/index.html"]http://candfmeat.com/index.html[/url]

I'm not sure about their prices. I would call first.
[/quote]
It is right past Nolensvilles Road on 96. They are a membership based butcher. If you are not a member you have to pay up front and it is about $85-90, at least is was last year.
[quote name='KahrMan' timestamp='1353944191' post='850783']
It is right past Nolensvilles Road on 96. They are a membership based butcher. If you are not a member you have to pay up front and it is about $85-90, at least is was last year.
[/quote]

How does their membership work? Did not see anything about it on their website.
Not sure. I have used them for several deer over the years but have never joined. I would assume it is like a Costco or Sams Club membership. You can give them a call at [color=#2E2E2E][font='Trebuchet MS', 'Trebuchet MS1', Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][left](615) 395-4819.[/left][/size][/font][/color]