What have you been up to?

Guest arktwins

Guest arktwins

Have you taken any new classes or planning to? Back in June I went to a "Womens Only Self Defense" weekend at TaraWildlife near Vicksburg MS. Two days of handgun and one day of "RAD" training. I must say I had a great time. The handgun was more basic and geared more for beginners, however, it was a great way to go over the basics.

My DH and I have taken up to Level 4 and this weekend I took a Dynamic Marksmanship class at the range. What a blast!!! We shot over 1000 rnds in two days. Learned lots of new skills let alone some great shooting time. I've really enjoyed the classes and the oportunity to shoot when we can. My next class is in August. So, what have you been up to?

You can check out RAD at www.rad-systems.com Rape Agression Defense.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dizzielizzie

You lucky girl! The last time I took any type of "self defense" classes (other than class for my HCP) was 20 years ago; I enroled in karate for approx. 3 months.

I'd love to take your course, BigPoppa, but I don't know if "management" (i.e. the ol' man) would be willing to spring for it. My only question is wether I'd be trained with my concealment setup (as I currently carry.) I ask because when I took my HCP class they made me put my IWB on the outside of my hip at 3 o'clock (where I carry at 1 o'clock.)

The only "fun" thing I have done lately was to run 150 rounds through my carry gun at a friend's house, he set up a "home made" target range from a rotten table top with various items such as switch plate covers to shoot at. I shot an empty fix-a-flat can in half with one mag full (7 rounds!) It was good fun... :)

• 1 month later...
Guest arktwins

I have taken and passed my Instructiors course. What an intense class. We took a practice test and I shot 100 but on the day of the test I passed with a 98. I still think it was from the guy in the next lane shooting his 9mm HaHaHa. AnywayThis past Tuesday I helped with my first Ladies Only class. It was fun seeing where I was just over a year ago.

I have taken and passed my Instructiors course. What an intense class. We took a practice test and I shot 100 but on the day of the test I passed with a 98. I still think it was from the guy in the next lane shooting his 9mm HaHaHa. AnywayThis past Tuesday I helped with my first Ladies Only class. It was fun seeing where I was just over a year ago.

I think that's awesome! Congratulations! :D

I was looking over the NRA's Women on Target program and we have no Women on Target Instructional Shooting Clinics available in the state of Tennessee. Maybe you could help get the first one sponsored here now that you've passed the instructors course? Click HERE to see what I mean.