G&A Reviews the H&K P30 and declares it a home run hit

TGO David

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always trained to immediately Tap/Rack. This is one of the reasons a second strike capability is a moot point to me. It is much more efficient to train to do what you know works. What if I pull the trigger a second time and it still does not work? Oops!

• Administrator
I always trained to remove another cap and ball from my belt pouch, grip the package between my teeth, tear it open, pack the next round and unleash hell. But that's just me...

Wow. You know... I never took those musket comments seriously until now. :taser:

Having actually been in this situation, I like to be able to pull the trigger again. If one round in a box has a hard primer, you will have more, if not all, like it in there too. If you tap & rack, there is a very good possibility that the next round will be a problem as well. At least I have the option of pulling the trigger a second, or as Molonlabetn says, a third time if necessary.

Most of the time they go bang on the second pull.

There is no "right" answer for this. Most people revert to training (hopefully) in these situations, but the people who survive long-term use their brain along the way too. Factors such as ammunition supply and proximity to the enemy come into play, as well as your experience with that particular gun/ammo combination.

I see only advantages to having a second-strike option, whether you use it or not.

It's gonna be tough to remember all this "tactical" advice the next time I'm crawling through a drainage ditch in Central America, trying to make the world safe for democracy w/ nothing but a rusty ice pick and my trusty, privately owned USP loaded w/ two rounds of fifty year old Mexican 40S&W ammo. I think I'll concentrate on the sabre.:taser:

But then there is that pesky saber leg problem when returning said saber to it sheath... :taser:

This goes to training. If you train to clear your weapon out of the sheath properly then you won't have any problems.

Let's face it: the tomahawk has been out for a long time and they still haven't made any improvements on it. Sure, every brave carries one and they killed lots of white men, but I don't think the weapon is accurate past 6 feet. With a good sabre you can really reach out and touch someone. Say, 7 feet. Yes, a tomahawk inflicts a bigger hole but I'll take longer and faster any day.

And a sabre can be every bit as reliable as long as you clean it regularly and check its pommel. Most problems are caused by lack of maintenance, not the weapon's inherent design.

• Administrator
I've heard those tomahawks are liable to kB at any time. It seems they have an unsupported haft and this is the cause. Besides, they were the low bidder in the Indian Wars.....:taser:

Bah, you're jaded because you carry your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-uncle's weapon still.

Sling.gif

:stir:

To go with the saber you have to OC, where as the Tomahawk can be concealed.

Also, if you need firewood the Tomahawk comes in real handy where as you might mar the finish on the saber. It has more than just the offensive and defensive capabilities of the saber. Its a multipurpose tool... :taser:

• Administrator
G&A never saw a gun they didn't like. I'm a subscriber, but only because there are too few gunrags not to.

Well... they saw a gun they thought that they didn't like once, but they realized they were mistaken when it was pointed out that it belonged to an advertiser. :taser: