scar 16s

Guest m14man

Guest m14man

has anyone see the 16s and what price they are? retail says 2999.99 just wondering what they are selling for. thats better than the limites production run prices, but still high for my price range.just wondering what everybody else has been seeing and opinions on this. i dont see it being 2000 dollars better than an ar.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

Guns and Leather had some I think for like $2300 if I recall.

I'd love to get one, but would rather have the 17s if they ever sell it to civilians.

Edited by JHatmaker
Guest m14man
Agreed.

As it is, I think my .223/5.56 needs are amply covered by a world of choices of ARs ;)

i would love one in both. :D but i cant realy see that its worth that much more in 5.56 than an ar for my needs. i might have to give guns and leather a call tho, thats a great price.

Guest JHatmaker

Don't hold me to this, but word on the street is that the 17s will be available to civilians sometime in 2010. Funds being available, I'd get one of those.

The only problem I can see is when you look at all the hoops the gun shops have to go through for the 16s (ie buying numerous FS2000's and PS90's just to get one 16s), I imagine it'll be even more convoluted for them to get a 17s.

Don't hold me to this, but word on the street is that the 17s will be available to civilians sometime in 2010. Funds being available, I'd get one of those.

The only problem I can see is when you look at all the hoops the gun shops have to go through for the 16s (ie buying numerous FS2000's and PS90's just to get one 16s), I imagine it'll be even more convoluted for them to get a 17s.

That's what burns me on FN, they roll the "chance" to get the next hot thing into their stocking dealer packages. "Buy the stocking dealer package twice, and if your one of the first 100 dealers to do it, you'll get a Scar!!!111one!!11" And of course the stocking dealer packages consists of some things you will sell (FNP's) but mostly things that will sit on your shelf forever (FS2000's).

I can't say that I blame em, they prolly want to get rid of em too, but it doesnt serve their dealers well either.

Guest m14man
That's what burns me on FN, they roll the "chance" to get the next hot thing into their stocking dealer packages. "Buy the stocking dealer package twice, and if your one of the first 100 dealers to do it, you'll get a Scar!!!111one!!11" And of course the stocking dealer packages consists of some things you will sell (FNP's) but mostly things that will sit on your shelf forever (FS2000's).

I can't say that I blame em, they prolly want to get rid of em too, but it doesnt serve their dealers well either.

yeah i understand i wish they would just allow you to buy the gun, i like fn but i dont blame a dealer for not buying there packages. plus you cant tell me that a scar that the lower is all plastic costs 2200 dollars to produce. but i guess as long as we pay the $ they will gladly sell them for that price.

Guest JHatmaker
Specialty Arms II has got serial number 16 for $7499. They said they've sold every one they've had.

:(

And I thought Franklin Gun was the only place that made their customers bite a pillow when they sold one of these.....

• Admin Team

If they'll sell for that, then more power to them. Their decision I guess. I would bet that there are going to be some buyers with a lot of remorse when they finally open up the market and they start selling closer to what they're worth.

I wouldn't want to do that to one of my customers.

Guest JHatmaker

That's why I like G&L and HG. They always stay consistant on their pricing and never gouge when something get's popular.

Daniel, are ya'll expecting to get anymore in? or do they just show up when they do?

yeah i understand i wish they would just allow you to buy the gun, i like fn but i dont blame a dealer for not buying there packages. plus you cant tell me that a scar that the lower is all plastic costs 2200 dollars to produce. but i guess as long as we pay the $ they will gladly sell them for that price.

FNsuck.jpg

Yeah i got bored...

Guest pete14

Iwould love one in both.but i cant really see that its worth that much more in 5.56 than an for my needs. i might have to give guns and leather a call tho, that's a great price.