Anone else excited about the weather?

Guest Hyaloid

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about you, but I can't wait for the cooler weather to get here. I should never have come back from Delaware when I got out of the Air Force, but with no family and no job up there it would have been VERY difficult. Besides, I wouldn't have met my wife and wouldn't have 2 wonderful children.

But back to the original topic. Yes, I am very very glad summer is finally starting to poop out.

i don't know, it's still pretty freaking hot here in chattanooga! i'm looking forward to those saturday mornings with a fresh pot of coffee, slippers, sweats and a hoody, going out on the back deck and just breathing in some fresh crisp air :lol:... then watching college football the rest of the day with a cold beer.:D this heat has got to go quick :D

OK it's me. You know I can't agree with you guys.

I hate cold weather. I've been threatening for years to go to Acapulco for the winter. You guys can enjoy freezing your gonads off if you like.

I hope it's 80 degrees in February.

HERESY! You like the heat so much, you should be burnt at the stake, or steak... whichever you prefer!

I've lived in Alaska... I've lived in Florida. If I hadn't married a born and raised (only child) Floridian, my ass would be in Alaska right now.

HERESY! You like the heat so much, you should be burnt at the stake, or steak... whichever you prefer!

I've lived in Alaska... I've lived in Florida. If I hadn't married a born and raised (only child) Floridian, my ass would be in Alaska right now.

I have lived in Detroit, the winters in Tennessee are very mild, but there is a Jimmy Buffet song that sum up my feelings, Boats Drinks, last line is "I gotta go where its warm!" :D

We actually got a little rain yesterday. Boy, we needed it. Now if we could get another 15 inches or so maybe the grass would grow again. There is a dirty joke here, but I'll let it go....

Some years ago I took up snow skiing so I wouldn't hibernate in the Winter. But skiing is pretty iffy around here and when I cracked a couple of vertebrae in a truck accident, I decided that the ability to move was more important than the ability to ski. So I gave up the activity.

Besides, snow is cold. Frozen water belongs in and around drinks. I'd much rather take clothing off than add another layer. Some of the most fun I've had in life involved taking off clothing.

While I agree with Mars that fun can be had while taking off clothes or while unclothed, I am enjoying the change of pace. Slept with the windows open last night, and as I sit at my desk typing this, it is less than 60 degrees out, the windows are open, the house is cool without the need for the a/c, and the fresh, clear, crisp air is most welcome after the stagnant, humid, hazy mess we've had hovering lately. I like some variety in my climate -I've lived in many parts of this country and do think variety is the spice of life.