How long does the fingerprint analysis take???

Guest bwhited

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest moreland281

When I purchased my suppressor in 2001, according to the ATF then my prints were submitted to the FBI for processing. It took 6 months from start to finish to receive my suppressor (F3 to F3 to F4)

Guest bwhited

I am going to give it till the end of the month and if it still shows that they are awaiting fingerprint analysis I am going to speak with Mr. Clutter and see what he can do for me. Mr. Clutter seems to be good people so maybe he will have it approved before then. I will post any new updates...

Guest redbarron06
I am going to give it till the end of the month and if it still shows that they are awaiting fingerprint analysis I am going to speak with Mr. Clutter and see what he can do for me. Mr. Clutter seems to be good people so maybe he will have it approved before then. I will post any new updates...

By all means please do.

Guest Barry Atty

All the more reason to have an NFA gun trust set up. There is no fingerprit requirement; No CLEO approval needed; and you can add future class III items whenever you want. We have drafted several trusts in the last few weeks.

Guest bwhited

It does seem to make things alot eaiser and faster. I just don't trust the ATF. It seems with the Trust's there are too many things the ATF could pick on you with. Its just my opinion..........

Guest jackdm3

Maybe my grandmother's prints were old and flatted out, but she got called back to re-print at the DMV ...... 4 T I M E S !!!

Edited by jackdm3
spacing
Guest bwhited

Now at 135 days since check was cashed and still nothing.... I will be speaking with Examiner Clutter next week and will let everyone know what has to be said.

Guest redbarron06
Now at 135 days since check was cashed and still nothing.... I will be speaking with Examiner Clutter next week and will let everyone know what has to be said.

Yea about the same here. Called yesterday and still waiting on fingerprints. Got to be out of town next week but will call and talk to the examiner the week after if I still dont have my stuff back.

redbarron06,

Just FYI, since 2003, the ATF has been under the Department of Justice. A bunch of their forms still say Treasury because they didn't want to waist money to have them reprinted. Good luck on getting the stamps back. I'm about to submit one for the 1st time myself for a suppressor and SBR. Due to the current state of "war" in Mexico with the drug cartels, the ATF is currently focused on committing as many resources as possible to help with firearms being trafficked south of the border so I doubt they are too concerned right now asking congress for more money to staff the NFA branch.

Edited by redfsr
Guest bwhited

Well called the NFA today to speak with Mr. Clutter. I got his voicemail and left him a message. Has not called back........... Will let everyone know if he calls back tomorrow.

Guest bwhited

Ok. Mr. Clutter called me back today and seemed to be a very nice dude. He seemed to understand my frustration but was not alot of help. He tells me that the current way of sending out prints is just not working and is taking way too long. He says they are working to change the process so it will be like it was in the good ol days. He would not give me a time frame but stated I should be approved soon........ So we shal see........

Guest bwhited

1. NFA Item: SBR Colt 6933

2. Form Type: Form 4

3. Transferee Type: Individual

4. Forms Sent: 4/06/09

5. Check Cashed: 4/08/09

6. Pending Date: 5/21/09

7. Approved Date: 9/02/09

8. Forms Received: ....................

9. Examiner Name: Ted Clutter

Called today and they say my Form 4 was approved on Wed 9/2!!!! 147 days or 21 weeks from the time my check was cashed. Now lets see how long it takes them to mail it....

Guest redbarron06

I spoke with them today also and they were putting my stamp on my paperwork as we spoke and dropping it in the mail today.

I will have a trust in less than a month and as soon as I have it in hand I will be calling Mr Clutter and asking if I can change the form 4 from an individual to the trust so I can bypass the whole fingerprint buisness.

Guest sjrhodes82

I as well got my form 4 approved today. Mr Clutter spoke with me on the phone for half an hour and was an awesome guy to get to know. I firmly believe they are understaffed; and having a wife who works for the government understands they will not do anything about it until enough people complain to their congressman.

Guest bwhited
I as well got my form 4 approved today. Mr Clutter spoke with me on the phone for half an hour and was an awesome guy to get to know. I firmly believe they are understaffed; and having a wife who works for the government understands they will not do anything about it until enough people complain to their congressman.

What are your dates and what forms and route did you take. Also notice you guys have Ted Clutter. Any change you are going through Dennis Williams as well...

Guest redbarron06
How long after they cashed the check did you start to call and check status?

after they cashed the check it took them 2 months to get it into the system and then another 2+ months to get it finished. I was actually supprised that the from 4 for my can was already in the system as it has only been about 6 weeks.