How long does the fingerprint analysis take???

Guest bwhited

Guest redbarron06
I would give it at least 2 1/2 to 3 months.....:D

I would call a month after the check cashes just to make sure they have it in the system. Then wait another month to 6 weeks to call back.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest redbarron06

It has taken a little over 6 months since I ordered this used upper with 10.5 barrel from JTAC Supply. That was teh beginning. I have had the barrel now for over 5 months but have been working on getting the lower, assembled, engraved, and finally the FORM 1. As I got in today I discovered that I had recieved my special anit constitutional tax reciept. Now if my Form 4 would hurry up I can go and get my suppressor to top off the barrel. I still need to get a new mount for the light but at least I can go out and get the sights and everything sighted in. Of course with timing like mine it wont be this weekend, I have to play soldier. ;)

Here are the pics.

DSCN1907.jpg

DSCN1909.jpg

yes I know the ambi safety is backwards on the right hand side but it kept hitting my hand so I indexed it 180.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope not a stock pic. Its my 6933. Just removed the background, changed the serial # to all 0's and added the Colt LE logo all with windows paint program.... I thought it looked pretty good to.:tinfoil:

Guest ronnier38930

hey guys I'm all new to this and just wanted to tell what I have done and get some opinions.... I sent my paperwork off on 7/10/2009 for my first class III purchase. I have a LLC already and read where i could register the firearm under the corp so that is what i did. I don't think the local LEO likes the idea of class III so..... called today for the first time and the lady told me mine went pending on 8/10/2009 .....went from mailed to pending in less than a month...is that normal? what is my guestimated wait time? my last name starts with R so who would my examiner be?

I reside in Mississippi (not sure if that is useful in any way)

thanks in advance

Guest crotalus01
hey guys I'm all new to this and just wanted to tell what I have done and get some opinions.... I sent my paperwork off on 7/10/2009 for my first class III purchase. I have a LLC already and read where i could register the firearm under the corp so that is what i did. I don't think the local LEO likes the idea of class III so..... called today for the first time and the lady told me mine went pending on 8/10/2009 .....went from mailed to pending in less than a month...is that normal? what is my guestimated wait time? my last name starts with R so who would my examiner be?

I reside in Mississippi (not sure if that is useful in any way)

thanks in advance

Thats a decent time, but the pending period is where the real wait begins.

Guest ronnier38930
Do you really think efficiency is the goal here? The whole purpose behind gun control is control - why on earth would they relinquish some control for efficiency or your convenience?

Generally do you always act like a jackass?? I asked a simple question that should have gotten a simple answer. I read where people have asked the same question and did not see your rude reply.

simple.....9 examiners...last name "R" just like the other questions

must be the water in the hills your drinking rocky top :D

Guest ronnier38930

and for the record i never asked them to hurry up and process my application.....I have all the time and disposable income in the world.

Generally do you always act like a jackass?? I asked a simple question that should have gotten a simple answer. I read where people have asked the same question and did not see your rude reply.

must be the water in the hills your drinking rocky top :P

:D

Umm, wow...

Guest Plunky

must be the water in the hills your drinking rocky top :screwy:

Easy to find out info if you had searched the net, but since you didn't do that here is you answer:

First: They are assigned by the letter of the name of your FFL (if the item is being transferred from an FFL), not your name (just so that is clear).

Second: They are currently not always following the above due to workload, so it can be random which examiner gets it

Third: Tame the temper & fix your sarcasm detection meter, it's broken. You failed at detecting sarcasm in a previous post...

So now you see, guessing who the examiner will be is moot at this point in time, and nobody knows with any certainty who it will be. Call them & find out who it is in a couple of months after you send in the paperwork.

And remember, when it comes to the water we are drinking, when we are done with it, it flows downhill to where you are. You are drinking what we already had. I'll forgive you this time, after all you are in MS. :)

^^

Obvious sarcasm above, just in case you miss it again. :yuck:

Oh, and welcome to the forums. Folks here are nice, and everyone kids around on occasion.

First: They are assigned by the letter of the name of your FFL (if the item is being transferred from an FFL), not your name (just so that is clear).

If you are doing a form 1 and "making" your own SBR, SBS, AOW, or suppressor then yes, your examiner is determined by the first letter of your last name. There is no FFL involved if you do it yourself.(Just to clear that up) :rolleyes:

Guest ronnier38930
Easy to find out info if you had searched the net, but since you didn't do that here is you answer:

Second: They are currently not always following the above due to workload, so it can be random which examiner gets it

Third: Tame the temper & fix your sarcasm detection meter, it's broken. You failed at detecting sarcasm in a previous post...

So now you see, guessing who the examiner will be is moot at this point in time, and nobody knows with any certainty who it will be. Call them & find out who it is in a couple of months after you send in the paperwork.

And remember, when it comes to the water we are drinking, when we are done with it, it flows downhill to where you are. You are drinking what we already had. I'll forgive you this time, after all you are in MS. :yuck:

^^

Obvious sarcasm above, just in case you miss it again. :lol:

Oh, and welcome to the forums. Folks here are nice, and everyone kids around on occasion.

thanks for the information. that is what i was looking for.

good thing i drink bottled water 99% of the time.... :D