How long does the fingerprint analysis take???

Guest bwhited

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, please cut these guys/gals some slack they are seriously over worked and there is only so many hours in a given day for them to do what they do. Not to mention the applications fall into a priority list for completion and these guys/gals to have other job related duties which they must accomplish.

If you want to bitch at someone, bitch at BATFE DC, the ones who can assign more staff to this process if they wanted to...

Guest ronnier38930
Hey guys, please cut these guys/gals some slack they are seriously over worked and there is only so many hours in a given day for them to do what they do. Not to mention the applications fall into a priority list for completion and these guys/gals to have other job related duties which they must accomplish.

If you want to bitch at someone, bitch at BATFE DC, the ones who can assign more staff to this process if they wanted to...

This maybe off topic a little but im curious.....

Does the ATF release any kind of financial data for each year? I am just curious as to how many stamps are issued each year...FORM 1...FORM 4.....etc.

Guest redbarron06

a lot of slack. I found out how many examineers there were and wrote my house rep and both of my senators about it. I complained about having to wait almost 6 months just to get a freaking tax reciept for an item that I had already bought even though they chased the check on day 7. Only one even wrote me back. We can thank both of our good old TN seantors for being right on top of the case and getting some help to get the time frames lowered.

Guest bwhited

You will need to go downtown to the Metro CJC on James Robertson Pkwy. The ID section is on the second floor and will fingerprint ya. You will also need to have your own fingerprint cards from the ATF with the NFA Branch ORI on the cards becuase Metro will either give you blank cards or ones with their ORI on them.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gun Trust Lawyer- David G

Before last November it was taking 8-10 weeks for the ATF approval. Shortly after the time jumped to 5-6 months. Lately we have been seeing many approvals that are only taking 10-12 weeks. It depends on your examiner but we expect the time to continue to decrease.

Guest moreland281

1. NFA Item: MG

2. Form Type: Form 4

3. Transferee Type: Individual

4. Purchased out of state: 07/21/09

5: Recieved at my dealer: 10/12/09

6. Forms Sent: 10/19/09

7. Check Cashed:

8. Pending Date:

9. Awaiting Fingerprint Analysis:

10. Approved Date:

11. Forms Received:

12. Examiner Name:

Guest bwhited

Well do tell............ What king of MG ya got urself there....

1. NFA Item: MG

2. Form Type: Form 4

3. Transferee Type: Individual

4. Purchased out of state: 07/21/09

5: Recieved at my dealer: 10/12/09

6. Forms Sent: 10/19/09

7. Check Cashed:

8. Pending Date:

9. Awaiting Fingerprint Analysis:

10. Approved Date:

11. Forms Received:

12. Examiner Name:

Before last November it was taking 8-10 weeks for the ATF approval. Shortly after the time jumped to 5-6 months. Lately we have been seeing many approvals that are only taking 10-12 weeks. It depends on your examiner but we expect the time to continue to decrease.

Geez, I wonder what happened in November . . .

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bwhited

Form 1 Individual SBR

Colt 9mm 6450

1. Mailed Form1 to ATF - 09/18/2009

2. Received by ATF - 09/21/2009

3. Check cashed by ATF - 09/30/2009

4. Pending - Don't know, dident call

5. Approved - 11/04/2009

6. In my mailbox - 11/09/2009

7. Examiner - Dawn Henson

52 days from mailbox to mailbox. Thats a new record for me!

Thanks Examiner Henson!!!!:rolleyes:

Edited by bwhited

Form 1 Individual SBR

homebuilt

1. Mailed Form1 to ATF - 08/22/2009

2. Received by ATF - 08/25/2009

3. Check cashed by ATF - 09/01/2009

4. Pending - Don't know, haven't called yet

5. Approved - Who TF knows

6. In my mailbox - see above

7. Examiner - Don't know yet

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bwhited
Form 1 Individual SBR

Colt 9mm 6450

1. Mailed Form1 to ATF - 09/18/2009

2. Received by ATF - 09/21/2009

3. Check cashed by ATF - 09/30/2009

4. Pending - Don't know, dident call

5. Approved - 11/04/2009

6. In my mailbox - 11/09/2009

7. Examiner - Dawn Henson

52 days from mailbox to mailbox. Thats a new record for me!

Thanks Examiner Henson!!!!:popcorn:

We all know you gotta show pics! My new Colt........... I think im hooked......do they make medication for this problem?

colt6450ro635005.jpg

Form 1 Individual SBR

homebuilt

1. Mailed Form1 to ATF - 08/22/2009

2. Received by ATF - 08/25/2009

3. Check cashed by ATF - 09/01/2009

4. Pending - Not any longer :-)

6. In my mailbox - 21 Nov 09

7. Examiner - Jason M...... can't read his last name

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bwhited

Yes it makes a big difference. These finger print cards have messed up so many people and cause long delays.... It must have the correct WV ORI so that the FBI can route the cards back to the NFA.

Guest redbarron06

well I am sorry I am running late with the pics of the finished product. But here it is. SAS M47 suppressor added and swapped the Aimpoint out with an EOTech PS 3-2.

DSCN1963.jpg

close up of the can

DSCN1964.jpg

and the newest addition to my collection. Nighthawk custom Predator II. I know it does not have anything to do with this thread but I like showing it off.

DSCN1956.jpg

DSCN1955.jpg