Need help with car storage

Guest bennychaff

Guest bennychaff

Recently I saw a bag that you could store your HG in that handcuffed to your car seat frame. I have no idea what it was called or where I saw i now. Does anyone know where I may find one? Thanks for the help.

I have used a 24 inch cable lock before. Loop the cable around the seat frame and then through the mag slot.

I suppose it could be comprimised easily enough if the would be thief had a bolt cutter or hack saw with them

Be careful with the idea of securing something down to the point that if you need to bail out of your vehicle in a hurry you may not be able to bring your weapon with you.

Just an idea, may not be a good idea for you but I wanted to offer you another thought perspective.

Guest abailey362
Be careful with the idea of securing something down to the point that if you need to bail out of your vehicle in a hurry you may not be able to bring your weapon with you.

Just an idea, may not be a good idea for you but I wanted to offer you another thought perspective.

hopefully the Op is referring to when he isn't in the car and has to leave the gun in there for whatever reason.

I have one of these, it works well and the price is hard to beat.

Handgun is never in bag while vehicle is in motion. Only used for entering places where I can't carry.

I am about to get a Console Vault.

I've got one in my Toyota truck. I really like it, but I have to admit that with my console, it does not have a lot of room inside. Some other vehicles have a larger console that would be nicer.

Definitely get the one with the combination lock. I like the fact that you can leave it unlocked if you wish. For example, if I'm in the truck, I might like to leave it unlocked.

Guest SMZRU275

Any experience with these? One gun shop here keeps a TON of them in stock. My glove box doesn't lock well and was considering one of these for going in a place posted or such.

s7_229676_imageset_01?$main-Medium$

I have have several of these

smartTOUCHStore.com

and I keep one in my car. I store my pistol and spare mag in it in the car while at the office (forbidden to carry at the office...) and it has the option of tethering it down.

It works, is fairly quick to open and uses fingerprint scanning technology.

• 6 years later...

You can't go wrong with these guys if you have a Jeep:

Tuffy Security Products

Yeah, that's what us Jeepers look at first.

I'm torn between the Console Vault and the Tuffy. It seems the Console Vault is higher gauge steel, but I'm not sure that matters if thieves are able to pry the box out of the console and open the vault in the safety of their lair anyway. For casual smash and grab, both are probably on par.

I could use some help deciding between the two. I'm leaning towards the console vault. What are your thoughts between these two, or how did you decide when you got yours?

I had a Console Vault in our Raptor.  Very nice.  I happen to still have the Tuffy concealment drawer from my JKU too!   ;)

And between those two, which do you prefer or would you recommend? :)   (Besides offering to sell me your Tuffy :) )

Edit: Never mind... you said "drawer" not "console". The Tuffy drawer doesn't fit under 2011+ afaik.

Edited by Obiwan
  • Administrator

And between those two, which do you prefer or would you recommend? :)   (Besides offering to sell me your Tuffy :) )

Edit: Never mind... you said "drawer" not "console". The Tuffy drawer doesn't fit under 2011+ afaik.

Eh, the drawer fit in my 2012  :)

In the F150 the Console was the way to go because it was much larger.  The center console in the JK is so small I don't know if there is much benefit there other than the fact that it would be more readily accessible.  I'd have to weigh space vs. accessibility in this case.

Eh, the drawer fit in my 2012   :)

In the F150 the Console was the way to go because it was much larger.  The center console in the JK is so small I don't know if there is much benefit there other than the fact that it would be more readily accessible.  I'd have to weigh space vs. accessibility in this case.

Hm... you had aftermarket seats in yours, didn't you? Maybe that allowed the drawer. I checked under my seat and there's no way to install the drawer. (Edit: It fits 2011+ Wrangler Unlimited, but not 2011+ two-doors).

I looked at other options too, like the GunVaults, VLine and Titan, but besides space constraints, I'd prefer something more concealed, that doesn't scream "smash my window and grab my safe". So with the drawer being a no-go, I'm left with the center console. It just needs to hold the gun+holster and a couple radios.

Unless there are more comments to this thread saying "Go Tuffy", I'll probably be ordering the ConsoleVault next week.

Another edit: Looks like ConsoleVault is just a lid with two sides, not a full enclosure, so I'm gonna pass on that. Tuffy is an option, but prevents use of the factory tray. I think I'm gonna get a couple smaller ones (Titan and VLiine) and find a place to mount one of them somewhere. Will required some custom fab'ing, but that's fun to do.

Edited by Obiwan

Hm... you had aftermarket seats in yours, didn't you? Maybe that allowed the drawer. I checked under my seat and there's no way to install the drawer. (Edit: It fits 2011+ Wrangler Unlimited, but not 2011+ two-doors).

I looked at other options too, like the GunVaults, VLine and Titan, but besides space constraints, I'd prefer something more concealed, that doesn't scream "smash my window and grab my safe". So with the drawer being a no-go, I'm left with the center console. It just needs to hold the gun+holster and a couple radios.

Unless there are more comments to this thread saying "Go Tuffy", I'll probably be ordering the ConsoleVault next week.

Another edit: Looks like ConsoleVault is just a lid with two sides, not a full enclosure, so I'm gonna pass on that. Tuffy is an option, but prevents use of the factory tray. I think I'm gonna get a couple smaller ones (Titan and VLiine) and find a place to mount one of them somewhere. Will required some custom fab'ing, but that's fun to do.

What?  No it isn't.  It is a fully enclosed box.  I've got one in my Tundra.  Google image one, it'll take you two seconds.

While it may not be Ft. Knox if someone steals my car, for a random parking lot / driveway smash and grab they aren't getting into it.  It is well worth the money for that alone.

• Like 1