Need help with car storage

Guest bennychaff

What?  No it isn't.  It is a fully enclosed box.  I've got one in my Tundra.  Google image one, it'll take you two seconds.

For the Tundra, sure. They have several models that are full enclosures. Sadly, not the one for Wranglers. Found out about it from reading Jeep forums. You can also see it in the actual product picture on their web sites.

I have the ConsoleVault in my F250. Not a full box but would take awhile to cut into it. The sides are blocked by the seats, that leaves the ends. If they steal the whole truck then nothing is safe. Not an option for fast access but for storage when away from the truck it is damn good. In my F250 there is enough room between the console lid and the vault top to lay my .380 in a pocket holster, still not fast access but quicker than vault and easy to slip in your pocket or the vault without drawing attention when you get out.

For the Tundra, sure. They have several models that are full enclosures. Sadly, not the one for Wranglers. Found out about it from reading Jeep forums. You can also see it in the actual product picture on their web sites.

Weird.  Looking at the pictures, they look the same.  You'd have to know the Jeep to recognize the sides I guess.  Mine is a literal box that drops and bolts in.  What is in the Jeep that makes that different/not possible I wonder?

Weird.  Looking at the pictures, they look the same.  You'd have to know the Jeep to recognize the sides I guess.  Mine is a literal box that drops and bolts in.  What is in the Jeep that makes that different/not possible I wonder?

It's not impossible. I believe the Tuffy console is a full drop-in. Perhaps they just did that to maximize the internal space? Or ease of install? In order to allow access to the 12V socket, they could have just cut a hole or slot into the side (like the Tuffy). 

That is where I parked for work that morning, about 45 minutes into the day. I work in Antioch, just off Linbar Drive. The turdsack that did it just drove off. Insurance is still taking care of it, but still kind of a bummer that i have to shell out the cost of 1k rds of 9mm to cover my deductible. :/

Poop happens, it was just my day I guess. I'm very thankful that I'm at least in a position where that didn't cause too much grief. I have a rental and I should have my car back by next week. A few years ago that would have seriously set us back financially. While not excited about it now, in the scheme of things it just doesn't really matter. Edited by musicman

Man, sorry to hear/see this. 

Looks like someone hit you full force! I doubt that was just from backing out and hitting you. He must have come barreling into that lot. Or your car doesn't weigh much, or you can't park straight. :)  Based on the debris, I guess your only consolation is that the offender got messed up as well.

Did you check if there was any CCTV footage of that lot available?

Edited by Obiwan
No footage. Yea, he was moving. A co-worker saw the jerk driving away (white Chrysler 300) with the front bumper dragging on the ground.

I WAS parked straight, and the impact moved my car 2 feet. It was kinda wet and you could see the scrape in the light film of mud on the pavement. That car is no ligtweight, it's a Volvo S80 with a V8 under that hood, and AWD. there's almost 3,000 lbs resting on those front two tires.

I don't think there's any frame damage done, but I did just have an alignment and new tires put on about 4 months ago. I'm curious to see if tht remains unaffected or not.

Maybe stand at the entrance they left in and see if they come in to work. It is sad that people do this because it affects us all. I have had several instances where I could have walked away and not had to pay but I ALWAYS made sure I paid what I was responsible for. It says a lot about society that people would be dishonest about something like this. Imagine what they would do over something that was a bit more serious.

• 4 weeks later...

Hm... you had aftermarket seats in yours, didn't you? Maybe that allowed the drawer. I checked under my seat and there's no way to install the drawer. (Edit: It fits 2011+ Wrangler Unlimited, but not 2011+ two-doors).

Okay, I think I know why the Tuffy Under-seat drawer is not advertised for 2011+ 2-door Jeeps. You can probably fit it, but it will prevent the seat from tumbling forward. Since 4-doors don't have the need for a tumble seat, it's no problem there.

Anyway, a few days ago I installed the V-line lock-box under my driver seat. It only took minor modifications on one cross-beam under the seat (not load-bearing, though probably wouldn't make a difference). It now fits perfectly, and is pretty secure. You'd have to remove the seat to take the lock-box with you. :)  I'm happy with the way it turned out.

If anyone is interested in pictures, let me know and I'll make a small write-up. (Sorry, I didn't take pictures during the process, but can go take some now that it's installed.)