Israeli Combat Training in TN

Guest Ben

Hi all,

Although I am new to this specific site, I have just become a

1 year premium member and am currently looking into advertising on the TGO site.

I wanted to bring to your attention that Israeli Combat Training offers local (Memphis area) and mobile training for individuals and groups (up to 6 per group).

I invite you to visit my website. It is very much self explanatory.

My training focus is on the "Combat Mindset" and an aggressive

"FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE" outlook, always taking the attack to the attacker.

I teach a particular Israeli counter terror method of combat pistol and rifle that uses our base/core instincts and drills into your muscle memory.

In Israel we are surrounded by enemies to the north, east and south and we have a sea to our west. We have nowhere to go. Our only option is to fight for our very existence, every single day and night for over 61 years and counting.

My pricing is very reasonable and the training sessions are intense and dynamic, mixing firearms training with awareness, combat mindset and Krav Maga (Israeli hand to hand fighting).

I do not care what gender, religion, age or race you are or what your physical condition is. All I care for is an open mind and what I call "P.M.A." (Positive Mental Attitude). Safety is paramount in my sessions as well but we do focus on reality based training that takes some operators out of their "comfort zone."

My website is www.IsraeliCombatTraining.com

Please feel free to email me any time with questions, critiques, constructive criticism or compliments. I learn more from my "operators" than they know.

I do hope I am not overstepping TGO policy by posting on my own training sessions but I gathered that if I am a premium member, I am able to do so. If not, please let me know via PM.

Thank you,

Ben Goldstein

Edited by Ben
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do hope I am not overstepping TGO policy by posting on my own training sessions but I gathered that if I am a premium member, I am able to do so. If not, please let me know via PM.

Thank you,

Ben Goldstein

Welcome Ben.

I would suggest that you contact David asap and pay to be an authorized vendor, because premium membership does not allow you to promote your training or website.

Im sure David would be happy to get you set up as a vendor.

I have met Ben a few times at the range and he is a stand up guy. Watching him shoot and drill is certainly something to be experienced!

Thanks! My style is different than what people are use to seeing, especially at a range NOT during a class or session.

Let's meet at Range USA and work with each other. We can probably learn a lot of different technique by working together.

How often and where do you train in Memphis? Do you offer daily classes, or simply one or two day workshops? I am interested in strictly hand-to-hand training, and I already have some Krav experience.

I do offer sessions weekly but they are by reservation only. I have multiple people that I train every week or 2 weeks, either during the evening after working hours or on Sundays.

I will tailor a session specifically to your needs/requests and can even come to your home or field for a session. My typical training locations are either Bullz Eye Range on Lamar or at Range USA on Whitten road. I like both locations. I also have access to an outdoor area that is close to home and when the weather is not 1000000 degrees, I run sessions out there. This allows us more freedom of movement and the ability to work with multiple targets and with vehicles.

I do offer group sessions (1 or 2 day) but again, those are on a case by case basis (meaning, if you had a group of friends that wanted to train, you organize the group, we set a date/time, you, as the organizer receive a 50% discount off your training cost as an incentive) and we have a hard core Israeli Combat Training session.

As always, I have a 110% guarantee that you will come away from training with not only a good time, but more importantly, a sound grasp on the core techniques used by the Israeli counter terror units.

Please let me know how I can help. You can either PM me or contact me via my website.

Thank you for your question.

Ben

Edited by Ben
Guest Sherman A. House

Shalom Ben, and thanks for putting yourself up here for our benefit. Your material looks valuable and interesting. I'm always up for learning a new way to "take out the trash."

To the 23 year old troll: An aggressive isosceles stance isn't anything new...but it works. In a fight, you'll get as low as you can go, and your shoulders will shrug up. It is a natural, physiologic reponse to a threat. Why people like you tend to single out tactical instructors or schools and form an opinion on their abilities, techniques or reasoning based on one picture, is lame.

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Dr. House

Does your training include the stance that you are using in your profile picture? I've been trying to find out ways that I can expose my femoral arteries more effectively while still maintaining a huge profile.

Yeah, right. All the bad guys I know aim for the femoral arteries. It's why you hold your pistol sideways like a gangbanger. Sheesh! :)

TK47

Shalom Ben, and thanks for putting yourself up here for our benefit. Your material looks valuable and interesting. I'm always up for learning a new way to "take out the trash."

To the 23 year old troll: An aggressive isosceles stance isn't anything new...but it works. In a fight, you'll get as low as you can go, and your shoulders will shrug up. It is a natural, physiologic reponse to a threat. Why people like you tend to single out tactical instructors or schools and form an opinion on their abilities, techniques or reasoning based on one picture, is lame.

Dr. House

Whoa there, guy, don't get so excited. I'm sure Ben can explain his picture well enough on his own. I just thought the stance looked funny and, of course, there may be a logical explanation as to why Ben is standing that way. To the casual observer, it seems to increase your profile and expose two of the largest arteries in your body.

I can't guarantee that you are actually meaning anything when you say "To the 23 year old troll", but while my post was a little trollish (I couldn't hold back the sarcasm) my being 23 years old has nothing to do with anything, and the fact that you even bring up my age is simply argument ad hominem. For all you know, I could be in the special forces and have more experience than anyone on this board. So, please refrain from personal attacks if you will.

Yeah, right. All the bad guys I know aim for the femoral arteries. It's why you hold your pistol sideways like a gangbanger. Sheesh! :)

TK47

We all know the bullets don't go exactly where you want every time. So, if you are going to "accidentally" get hit in the leg, wouldn't you want it to go into the top your quad instead of your inner thigh, which could bleed you out in short order?

Still, the question still stands, Ben, why are you standing like that?

Edited by Kelemvor
Added another quote.

The Israeli system of combat shooting is based on a person's natural instinct and inclination when under an attack.

The best way to describe it is for you to do the following:

Have someone scare you (REALLY scare you) when you absolutely least expect it.

If you end up "Blading" your body while standing nice and upright like a statue, then I will stop with the Israeli stance and convert to your stance instead.

If, instead, you do what every human and animal does while under a sudden attack that induces fear and surprise, and you end up crouching and bringing your hands up to defend yourself, then you might begin to understand why the Israeli stance is what it is.

I respect your question, even your sarcasm, and hope that if you do what I mentioned above, you will see why we do what we do.

In a "fight for your life" situation, you will revert to your base "Fight or Flight" instincts. If you spend years training to drill certain methods into your core muscle memory, you will hopefully be able to augment your instictive reaction with a trained reaction.

I train in a way that ensures that my "muscle memory" is such that I react the same way each time I am "under attack" and this is my instinctive body stance (with slight modification) while under attack.

Of course, depending on your distance from the attacker and other variables, you might not have the time or the distance to fully crouch and fully extend and lock out your arms. You might be fighting from "point zero" and your method of counter attack and defense changes.

This is where a lot of good, constant training comes into play.

If you have ever been in combat against a real enemy firing real ammunition, or even in a street fight, you will already know that standing straight up and blading your body while bullets are literally coming at your head, is not only unreasonable and stupid, but is also against your nature as a human.

To crouch, make your center of gravity low and extend your arms fully locked out, is your instinctive and natural reaction.

Now, to move to the next level of actually bringing the attack to the attacker, is where my training truly shines.

Ben

Edited by Ben

Dr. House

Thank you for the kind note. I would be more than happy to help you learn new methods of taking out the trash. And there is a lot of trash.....

:up:

For all you know, I could be in the special forces and have more experience than anyone on this board.

Yea, but your probably not and to insinuate that you are is a slap in the face to the actual servicemen and women on this board.

I also doubt at 23 you have much more experience than most of the guys here our age. I certainly doubt you have more experience that 99.9% of our instructors here, including Ben.

I also would be willing to bet since you didn't even bother to check off the HCP and military service box you're just another one of our trolls that have been running around this board lately trying to act all uppity and wrecking valuable threads.

My suggestion would be to try and add something of value or ask your question in a polite manner.

Guest bkelm18
For all you know, I could be in the special forces and have more experience than anyone on this board.

Most special forces guys I know, and I know a few, would not make a silly statement like that. They are honorable soldiers and feel no need to play "one up" when someone calls them on their game. :popcorn: Playing COD4 doesn't count bud.