Israeli Combat Training in TN

Guest Ben

Honestly, one of the problems with modern "gun culture" is the belief that since you have a gun there is no need to know how to fight with your hands.Almost like the gun is a magic talisman that wards off evil. That just sets people up for a big bad surprise. If the attack comes before you have your gun in hand and enough distance so that the gun is the appropriate answer, then things are very likely to go very badly if you have no hand to hand skills and no appreciation of reaction time and distance intervals. That stuff has to be experienced.It cannot be learned from a book or video. If the shooting style (foot and hip orientation) someone is teaching is NOT similar to their hand to hand style, then I'd be concerned that what you are learning is maybe only applicable when no one is trying to hurt you back.Under extreme stress your body will naturally want to do certain things. Best to build your weapon skills around that, not modify your body structure and movements around the weapon. If your skills sets (empty hand , knife, stick, gun) are integrated along the same structures then you will be much more efficient with your training time and much more likely to actually perform it under stress. I am in no way affiliated with Ben, but I do agree with much of what he is saying.

Very good point.

One of the main points of the stance that I teach during the Israeli Combat Pistol course shows how the non dominant hand is used as a "tool" during the draw. This hand allows you to block, strike, grab and of course, assist in your draw.

This way, if the attack is taking place within arms reach (or even within 20 feet), you are already ready to block an attack, strike or grab your attacker and simultaneously be in position to draw your firearm.

Interesting to note that this also assists in body guarding techniques (moving your VIP (or your family) out of the line of attack).

Again, efficiency of movement, allowing 1 stance to work in multiple ways to your benefit.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truth is, I prefer a "Penis Forward" stance.

I like to present the biggest target possible to my enemy.

lol

That quote alone makes me want to take a class from you! LOL Your the man!

Guest Marine03

You wouldn't have happened to have been an instructor at Camp Adam in July of 2005? I was there with the U.S. Marine Corps Anti-Terrorism BN taking part in the IDF's Anti/Counter Terrorism Schools. It was the best practical training I recieved in the Corps. The IDF knows how to get it done.

You wouldn't have happened to have been an instructor at Camp Adam in July of 2005? I was there with the U.S. Marine Corps Anti-Terrorism BN taking part in the IDF's Anti/Counter Terrorism Schools. It was the best practical training I recieved in the Corps. The IDF knows how to get it done.

Nope, not me. I was in Israel at the time though, not too far from Mitkan Adam.

If you trained at Mitkan Adam then you definately received high quality training.

Semper Fi!

Ben

Guest Silverwolf
OMG his head & upper body is exposed too!!!

What is he sopposed to do? Hide behind the grass?

From the way I see it his center of gravity is very low, good stability, & looking straight down his sights in a locked positin.

Ben all I can say is I wish you were not so far away.

Hi guys new to the site. xd I live in Columbia, if you want to start a group you can count me in. Joined the site to try and see what kind of combat training was available here in TN.

But haven't had any luck so far... (distance being a major factor as well). As ex-military I know anyone can fire a gun, training is what will make the difference in combat. Plinking is so damn fun though..... ;)

BTW if anyone knows of any other type of combat training going around close to my area. Please let me know, thanks.

Edited by Silverwolf
Hi guys new to the site. xd I live in Columbia, if you want to start a group you can count me in. Joined the site to try and see what kind of combat training was available here in TN.

But haven't had any luck so far... (distance being a major factor as well). As ex-military I know anyone can fire a gun, training is what will make the difference in combat. Plinking is so damn fun though..... :D

BTW if anyone knows of any other type of combat training going around close to my area. Please let me know, thanks.

I can come out to you for an Israeli Combat Training session. Get a group of 6-8 who are interested and I am ready to roll.

Thank you,

Ben

• 3 weeks later...

the stance is very similar to what you see while I am shooting (i.e. facing directly, full bodied towards opponent, arms up, but with elbows bent and with forearms and palms facing opponent

The legs are positioned with "support" leg forward and dominant leg in the rear, on the "balls" of your feet, ... , knees bent and legs spread about shoulder width apart.

This stance allows you to confront any attack from any angle or position...

It also puts you in a great position to use elbows .... as weapons.

I cut out a little. Thats exactly how you coach pass protection for offensive line in football. You add in keeping your legs moving. Interesting thats now a form of sought after self defense.

• 4 weeks later...

Winter is coming and the winter weather is perfect for outdoor training.

If you have land and want to host a session with others, please keep me posted.

I will drive out to you and we will have a great, full day of Israeli Combat Training!

• 3 weeks later...

Please review the following that I wrote to a fellow TGO member when asked about what the training sessions consist of. Thank you! Ben

Hi,

Thank you for your questions. My training sessions for individuals (up to 2 people per "private" session) last a minimum of 1 hour and typically run

for either 1 or 2 hours.

I currently train 3 people on a weekly basis for private training and I have been working with them for an average of 6 months each.

We start with the core base of Israeli Combat firearms training as well as the importance of an aggressive and constant Combat Mindset.

My training methods are unique as I not only train you in the physical aspects of the techniques and methods employed by Israel's counter terror units, but I also use psychological aspects of training for a combat situation (combat meaning anything that involves fighting for your life or the life of someone else) that help you push through your faults and weaknesses and allow you to work through high stress encounters.

This is anything BUT your average "Handgun Carry Street Defense level 1 (or any level for that matter)" class.

The training is intense and serious and I put you in the mindset immediately upon stepping onto the range. I get you out of the "square range" mentality.

The topics covered in a training session are:

1) Mindset: Combat Mindset and awareness is vital. It is the single most important aspect of all combat situations.

2) Aggression: Being able to perform various "Tacticool" techniques is worthless if you do not possess the aggression (and this relates to the Combat Mindset as well) needed to "Take the Attack to the Attacker." We never teach you a "dig in" and return fire mentality. It is always "Attack Attack Attack!!" (of course, if you have the option to escape the area unharmed, do so. I teach for worst case scenario encounters)

3) "Body, Gun, Shoot": The 3 stage core technique for proper combat shooting based on Israeli counter terror technique.

These lead in to the following:

Proper loading, magazine change, scanning, moving off the initial line of attack after you have responded to the initial threat, multiple targets, shooting from retention, shooting "ON THE RUN" (not "on the move, but rather fully charging your target), basic body guarding (if you must move a someone else out of the line of fire while responding to the threat), "Cutting the Cake" (how to properly enter a room or look through a window or get around an object),vehicle ambush and counter carjacking techniques (work these in Mississippi at an outdoor location) and more...

I also teach tactical rifle technique. All based on Israeli counter terror methods.

We will also employ Krav Maga training (especially paying attention to weapons defenses, meaning, disarming an attacker with a gun to your face or to your back or if you are in a hostage situation with a knife to your throat).

These are NOT Rambo techniques, nor should you expect to "learn" this after one 2 hour session. I am VERY much against courses that have people come down for 2 days, twice a year, and consider them to be "graduates" of the course.

Find me a special operator that trains for 4 days a year and I have a bridge to sell you! :)

I hope that people will train with me at least twice per month and PRACTICE at home in the interim. I tell people that you get just as much training by working through the techniques while dry firing at home than you get by training with me. Without personal training time at home, the 2 sessions per month with me are not worth my time, or yours.

I WANT you to become proficient in these techniques. I WANT you to be able to overcome your limitations, fears and shortcomings and become a fighter that is prepared and ready, if needed, to take the attack to the attacker(s).

I hope I answered your question and I am here to answer more if you need.

All I can leave you with is that this is my passion in life, this is what I am best at and I know it. I will pump you up without knocking you down emotionally. I will learn from you and expect you to ask questions to better understand the reasons behind the technique. I will push you, scream at you and I expect you to do the same right back at me.

THIS IS COMBAT AND I EXPECT YOU TO FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE!

Have a great evening.

Ben Goldstein

Here is a video I made on Sunday that shows the core base of the Israeli Combat Training techniques. Obviously we work on a lot more technique than what is offered on this video, but this is sample of what is considered to be the core stance and some other tips. Please feel free to comment, critique, argue etc...

3 video links, all the same video but broken down into 3 segments:

YouTube - Israeli Combat Training: BODY, GUN, SHOOT 1

YouTube - Israeli Combat Training: Body Gun Shoot 2 of 3

YouTube - Israeli Combat Training: Body Gun Shoot Part 3 of 3