Glocks and things like kabooms, firing out of battery, etc...

TGO David

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Phantom6
The Pinto went the way of the dinosaur, the Glock has not.

The rest is simply a matter of preference.

The design of the fuel tank sure did but other parts of the overall design lives on in other models to this day. You are right about one thing for sure, it is a matter of preference and some of us prefer to have what we perceive to be a bit safer and surer design in the firearms we choose to carry.

Hey, you ever gonna bring your preference up to a shoot? We have one scheduled for 20 Oct., this next Saturday. It's not like it's a real hike for you. The range has a Harriman address. Note: We make the Pinto's park on the road but we do allow Glocks on the range. :D

I had my first KB in my G-35 after 20,000 rounds using my own reloads, I had a weak case make it through and blow out at the 6 o'clock, the case had about 5 reloads on it, no damage to the gun however it did blow the mag out. I check my cases alittle closer now.

Bull *****! If that were a logical train of thought, the Ford Pinto would never have been designed and produced. No one would have ever bought a Ford Pinto. All automotive designs of the day regarding the placement of the fuel tanks were "inherently better" than that of the original Ford Pinto but Ford made 'em and sold a slew of 'em. So, in fact, when a "design is inherently better, not all [similar tools] will be designed that way". I didn't buy one of those little "Zippo-mobiles" and I didn't buy a Sig (weight issue/money issue), Glock (safety issue) or S&W M&P (Sigma on streoids :D) etc., etc.

Huh?

That makes no sense either logically or rhetorically.

btw, how many people died in Pintos?

Guest Phantom6
I'd love to shoot w/ you guys and am planning on it ASAP. However, I'm working days on the 20th, so it will have to be later rather than sooner. I have to warn you, I don't have any fancy guns or rifles, just me and my Glocks. Am I still welcome?:D

Well, if'n that's all ya got, ...... I guess so.:D

Guest Fred LE FI
Maybe I can get a friend to come sometime. He carries a G23 professionally and is absolutely deadly with it. But he also has some sense and doesn't shoot reloads.

Maybe he'd bring his MP5 and suppressed Ruger too. :D

Probably doesn't shoot lead either - just like the manual says.

'Course, he could always slap in a LWD barrel and shoot all the oddball practice stuff he wants. It's funny how folks that don't bat an eye about plunking down $500.00+ to customize a $1000.00 1911 will balk at $120.00 for an aftermarket barrell so they can get a warm fuzzy about their fully-supported chamber. ESPECIALLY when their 1911 doesn't have a fully-supported chamber either!

Fred

Guest Fred LE FI
Somehow I don't think it's Mars that needs to grow up. If you want to attack the argument or idea then more power to you. Debate is good. Personal attacks OTOH, are usually frowned upon.

Did you even read my post? I think I sorta attacked the idea and the argument, sonny.

Fred

Actually the line about Corvairs is wrong. They were quite succesful. GM even extended their production past what they had originally scheduled just because Nader made a stink about it.

What killed the cars was they were too expensive to produce and they couldnt compete with the Mustang on price.

I owned a '67 Corsa turbo at one time. Nice car.

Did you even read my post? I think I sorta attacked the idea and the argument, sonny.

Fred

Re-read it then.

Yes, you did attack the idea.......except at the end.

But what do I know? I must have slept through reading comprehension.:confused:

Why is that annoying song "Ooops I did it again" running through my head?

• Administrator

This is ridiculous.

Fred, obviously no one has deleted your posts. Your accusations to the contrary are baseless and rather insulting. Furthermore, "insulting" seems to be your weapon of choice in this thread as you continue to attack the person via name calling rather than stick to just attacking the issues.

I would ask that you refrain from doing this and adjust your tactics. If you find that you cannot conduct yourself in a manner befitting an adult, then I will remove your ability to post for a short period of time so that you can reflect upon it some more.

It's your choice.