Taurus 24/7 and MILLENNIUM PRO questions

Guest nitrous_mike

Guest nitrous_mike

Well I went pawing on some 45's today trying to make my mind up still on what I want, has anyone shot/owned one of these to give some insight on what they think about them ? They are priced pretty cheap compared to the glocks and SAXD's but man I do love my XD's but when you are looking at 170-120 dollar difference in the price it kinda makes me think. I did like how they felt and the SA to DA feature is kinda neat as well but eh I just do not want to buy one and not be happy.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only have the .40 S&W PT 24/7 but it has run flawlessly, carries the tactical lighting very well and like you said, cost way less than lots of others in the case. My old Springfield Commander Micro did some hicuups and I loved that pistol, the Taurus has yet to burp. I currently own the Taurus and two Kimbers in .45 and feel good with all of them if that tells you anything.

I have recommended them with a big plus 1 to everyone who asked about them.

Guest looneeetunes

i have the pt145 mill. pro that is pictured in my avatar.. i love it i have ran about 600 rounds thru it and it shoots well every time. i also carry this gun. i use the fobus, but am looking at other alternatives.

Guest nitrous_mike

Thanks, I am going to try and buy another car (long term project), if that falls threw I will more then likely buy a 45mill. I guess worse case if I do not like it I can always trade it in on a XD :lol: .

Guest nitrous_mike

I ran across the same site when I was looking for other reviews on the gun. I do wish the rear sights were a double dot or something else then just a single center dot, that and it having a side safety are the only two major gripes that I have about the gun and see as maybe me not liking it very much.

Thanks for sharing the link, odds are I will wind up with that here soon maybe even tomorrow who knows !

Guest nitrous_mike

Thanks Eddie, thats one thing I am afraid of is getting it and not liking it but but since we do not have a range here that has guns to try out you kinda have to guess at it.

I got tied up with a few things today and did not get a chance to go back to the gun shop so maybe I should think on it a lil more.:koolaid:

I have a PT111 and I have been very happy with it. I have actually been looking at the 24/7 as I would like a full size handgun. The gun has gotten great reviews and was NRA Hangun of the Year when it came out. This DA/SA trigger is a really nice feature, in the unlikely event that you have a misfire. The thumb safety is really the only thing I would be concerned with, but I actually prefer it over the trigger safety. Just my .02 Good luck with the buy.

Guest Tombstone

I have a Taurus Millennium pro / PT 745. Its a .45 caliber. I agree with what has been said about the safety issue, but for me it has made me even more aware and cautious. I think that makes me a little safer maybe. When I purchased it, I bought some cheap target ammo and the store owner warned me that it may cause some problems. Well I put a hundred cheap rounds through it with no problem. I then put another hundred rounds of Winchester through it with the same result.

One thing that a lot of people may not like about it is that is has a rather lengthy trigger pull. I personally like it because it gives me another opportunity to not fire. But it is still easy enough to double tap if needed.

I am very pleased with my Taurus. THe one that I have is a smaller frame of the 24/7

Hope that helps ya some.

• 1 month later...
Guest nitrous_mike

Thanks, the turbo is for my 88 mustang coupe, I already have a R block, forged rotating assy. ( 308 cid), keep it a stick car ( TKO 600), all road race suspension Koni special struts/shocks, Eibach sportline springs, Hotchkis CC paltes/upper/lower control arms, Steeda bump steer, quick ratio power rack, 74mm turbo with .91 AR, Aeromotive fuel system, I still need to get a set of heads ( I am going to get some victor JR's), I also have a FAST system to tune the car, 75# injectors, Victor 5.0 upper/lower, and a small FRPP 70mm TB for time being. My soft goal for the pump gas tune is 600 to the tires but with what I have it is capable of just a tad more, so it just depends on how things look when it goes on the dyno as to what it actually makes. It is just a dang ole street car with an idle problem :D . I have more stuff that I need but its all getting down to the lil stuff so now the price of everything is double what it should be.