Broke the camera out, pics of the toys

Guest sn8kbit

Here goes. Pic quality sucks, it's an older camera. Once refinishing is done on all pistols, I'm having some high quality shots done.

New work gun - ex LEO P226 with night sights. Not much to add to this gun, but I will do a few things. This is the new Florida work gun for me. Replaced the old H&K USP 40.

195314.jpg

My work in progress learning gun. EGW "melt" full bushing, two piece guide rod (necessary with this particular bushing), C&S tactical drop in trigger kit (hammer, sear, disconnect, sear spring) @ around 3.5-4 #'s, Ed Brown beavertail, fitted and blended as best I could, Wilson Combat "speed chute" + mainspring housing (I'm going to put a S&A on here based on appearance), VZ black paper grips with pierce groove inserts, C&S ambi safety (had to change for fit with new action parts). Changed springs. I plan on having the barrel crowned when it goes for refinishing. An outstanding pistol right out of the box, and has taught me a lot in working on my own guns. Harbor freight needle files, digital caliper and Brownell's Oxphoblue cold blue rule for home work!

195316.jpg

195313.jpg

195315.jpg

My personal carry, Para Ordnance P-13. Picked up for a song. I'm considering a new Caspian slide for it for better sight options, para screwed their owners in this respect. S&A mainspring housing "chainlinked" by MARS Armament, Dlask trigger, SS extended mag release, SS bushing and plug, C&S Tactical drop in trigger kit (hammer, sear, disconnect and spring) @ 4.5#s, EGW titanium hammer strut, titanium mainspring cap, all stainless pins. I have a C&S stainless safety on order along with an EGW stainless slide stop, and after I get that installed it's off to Coal Creek Armory in Knoxville for some aesthetic mods, barrel recrown and Melonite. Springs all changed out for the standard replacement. Grips are smooth black Micarta from S&A (Navridex) with engraved grips screws, and the grips are heading out for some engraving next week. I love this pistol a ton. Tungsten, it shoots completely different from the last time you shot it.

195312.jpg

195311.jpg

Enjoy - Steve

PS: Attached is a pic of a 1911 by Chuck Rogers which has been Melonized by Coal Creek Armory. It's the ultimate hard wear black finish, Period. Wish I had those photo skills.

TC2.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, double fisted! It's amazing the weight difference being commander size vs a standard single stack gov't. Must be the 13 + 1 round capacity........LOL.

In the right holster, you know it's there but a comfortable carry. I'm using a Bianchi snaplock holster (couldn't get the paddle when I purchased it) that I love. Keeps it tucked in close so the weight is really a non issue.

No doubt about that last pic. I wish I "knew a guy that knows a guy" so I could get in line for work to be done by him. An amazing gunsmith, part of the "Louder than Words" smiths that do custom magazine giveaway guns.

rogersprecision.com

Ah, OK. Got the new grips in today and since I'm in Florida, one of my employees put them on the Taurus and sent me a picture. Can't wait to see them, but I'm diggin it.

From Larry Davidson Knives his "monkey grip" collection: (he also makes the grips on the gun in the last pic - "Horned Lizard" is what they're called.

196327.jpg