The Dentist!!!

Guest GlocKingTN

Guest GlocKingTN

Well guys, went to the Dentist today and had 3 Wisdom teeth cut out. All I can say is, that "sleepy time" medication they give, is the sh*t! I haven't slept like that in years. So far, not really any pain, actually Im still numb. I left the dentist at 9 am this morning and still numb. I cant hardly talk, feels like my mouth is 3ft wide. I did get to bleeding pretty bad earlier, but I got it stopped. Anyway, keep me in your prayers, in the hope that nothing goes wrong (especially a dry socket).

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MmmmmMmmm... I remember that quite well! Had mine out 5 years ago, they put me all the way under for some reason, and everyone said that I was funny as ____ while I was coming out of it (I'll spare the details, but I apparently had a major crush on one of the nurses...)

Enjoy the rest, GlocKing... Our prayers are with you.

I hope that nurse was good looking... and female. :)

Get better soon!

It would take alot more than powerful drugs and chiseling my teeth out of my skull to have THAT much of an adverse affect on my senses!

All the gals in the office were real friendly when I came for my checkup...

Guest GlocKingTN
I hope that nurse was good looking... and female. :)

Get better soon!

Yep, not bad at all! And thanks guys. I still cant talk, or smoke:(

I cant even eat yet. I have had 2 drinks of a coke, thats it so far today.

I had all 4 of mine pulled years ago when I went into boot camp. Just a local numb shot and a pair of pliers. They gave me tylenol 3 and 2 days of bed rest. I was hoping for the good meds.

Guest GlocKingTN
I had all 4 of mine pulled years ago when I went into boot camp. Just a local numb shot and a pair of pliers. They gave me tylenol 3 and 2 days of bed rest. I was hoping for the good meds.

OUCH!!!!!!

Be glad what happened to me didn't happen to you. I went in a few months ago for a colonoscopy and naturally they put you to sleep for that too. They put me under and did the deed and sent me on my merry way. My wife left work to take me home and she said I was talking normal all the way. She said I was a little woozy on my feet but pretty much went in the house and changed clothes and went and set down in my recliner and turned on the TV. She assumed I was OK and she went back to work. The trouble was, I didn't know anything about any of it. The first thing I remember after being knocked out was when I woke up in my recliner with a half a pint of skoal drool on the chest of my t-shirt. I had "taken a dip" in my half conscious state and then went completely back to sleep. Moral of the story: no tobacco products until you are completely awake.

I think I hear Jeff Foxworthy saying "You might be a redneck if........"

Guest GlocKingTN
Be glad what happened to me didn't happen to you. I went in a few months ago for a colonoscopy and naturally they put you to sleep for that too. They put me under and did the deed and sent me on my merry way. My wife left work to take me home and she said I was talking normal all the way. She said I was a little woozy on my feet but pretty much went in the house and changed clothes and went and set down in my recliner and turned on the TV. She assumed I was OK and she went back to work. The trouble was, I didn't know anything about any of it. The first thing I remember after being knocked out was when I woke up in my recliner with a half a pint of skoal drool on the chest of my t-shirt. I had "taken a dip" in my half conscious state and then went completely back to sleep. Moral of the story: no tobacco products until you are completely awake.

I think I hear Jeff Foxworthy saying "You might be a redneck if........"

Now thats redneck...lol......no doubt!

Guest GlocKingTN
I've heard that after 2 days the chemical addiction is gone. After that it takes about a month to get the physical addiction to go away.

Be strong, It will only help you in the end!

-Mike

Im really trying, and doing pretty good. And yes, in the end, its all worth it.

Guest GlocKingTN

Well, 8 days and not 1 cigarette. Im pround of myself! I have had a few cravings but nothing I cant handle. I also feel alot better as a result of the quitting smoking.

Guest GlocKingTN

Thats the way I see it as well. I do really good except for after meals and when I first wake up in the morning. After the first initial craving, the rest of the day is pretty much easy.

I will smell one outside and it smells great (fishing)

But yes, my worst times were when I first woke up, after meals and after......well never mind this is a family site right!

Guest GlocKingTN
I will smell one outside and it smells great (fishing)

But yes, my worst times were when I first woke up, after meals and after......well never mind this is a family site right!

LOL....Yep, that too...:rock:

One good thing is, no one else in my house smokes. So that is a big help. But most of my buddies do. But I still fight it, even though they try their best to give me one.